Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

Morning Eight​

Some had hoped that with the Butler dead, perhaps the night attacks would slow down somewhat. They were disappointed. The survivors gathered in greenhouse for the headcount. It was surprisingly warm under tall glass roof, despite the raging storm outside. More than a few of the castle's denizens were seen to loosen their winter clothing or even come out in their shirtsleeves.

The Seneschal's pronouncement after the headcount still sent a chill down everyone's spines. "Two more missing. The Mercenary, KingMorgan, and... the Fiddler, Izipo."

The Mercenary's room was a mess. It looked as though a battle had been fought there. With the knocked over and broken furniture, it could easily have been mistaken for one of the werewolf's attacks, if not for the lack of a body. The Mercenary had clearly been ready to put up a fight, but it hadn't been enough.
Spoiler :
The Mercenary was innocent!
The scene of the Fiddler's death was actually less messy. The door was broken down, but the Fiddler himself apparently hadn't been able to put up much of a fight. The werewolf's claws had almost decapitated him, and that was his only wound.
Spoiler :
The Fiddler was innocent!
Both of the dead men had owned items of interest, as well as the Butler who had died the previous evening. The Butler had owned the Crest of Animus, a symbol of his undying loyalty. Cast around the Mercenary's room were the pieces of his armor, which when assembled (and cleaned off) formed the Mithril Plate armor, which the attacker had apparently not been willing or able to carry off. Lastly, there were the two instruments the Fiddler had possessed. The Lute and Fiddle would be distributed together to whoever got the most votes for them.

It is Day Eight!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Crest of Animus are Blue!
Votes for the Mithril Plate are Silver!
Votes for the Lute and Fiddle are Red!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

Since people seem to think giving the Orc a weapon to defend himself isn't right, maybe a Mithral Plate to get some sort of protection?

"I would very much like to study the Crest of Animus, it seems only fair that CCRunner receives his old friends' heirloom. Stuck in Pi
are those bruises I see on your body? Care to explain them?"

I'm wondering about Mergle, myself. The werewolf has consistently killed the silent and the suspicious, and no one could be more silent than our mechanic. Yet still he lives. I wonder why.

Oh, no,no,no. I should be gettin' that Mithril Plate. Oy recognize it. It be once belongin to the dwarven Kingdom of yor. Kraz-Ke-zun, it be once called, afor the ice took it. It be lost, stolen, some beleivin', when the Kraz-Ke-zun escaped the surface to go back to the Land of Kilmorph. It be rightfuly belonging to a dwarf...

OOC: Chand clear yer box, FYI - Confirmed.

IC:

I think that Ozbenno deserves his brothers heirlooms. I am also curious about Mergle's activities.

Ozbenno is the rightful owner of the Lute and Fiddle, seeing as how they both belonged to his brothers. Nictel can have the Crest of Animus. thomas.berubeg is much more deserving the of the armour than CCRunner, seeing as how CCRunner stole my sword while I was in jail which I would like to have back.

OOC: Last Activity: 29-05-2009 03:47 - Mergle Also i will be gone for 20 hours

How do you know he stole it? If you can explain more about this, he will have my vote as well. Stealing another warrior's weapon should be punished with death.

Oh, no,no,no. I should be gettin' that Mithril Plate. Oy recognize it. It be once belongin to the dwarven Kingdom of yor. Kraz-Ke-zun, it be once called, afor the ice took it. It be lost, stolen, some beleivin', when the Kraz-Ke-zun escaped the surface to go back to the Land of Kilmorph. It be rightfuly belonging to a dwarf...
I'm afraid you're mistaken sir. That plate armor had been with Morgan since he received it for his valorous defense of an Amurite city-- I have been with him longer. It was new I might add, saw it forged myself
seeing as how CCRunner stole my sword while I was in jail which I would like to have back.
Um, you weren't in jail last night, you realize that right?

Noon Eight

With half the castle dead, voting was slow in the morning. The Mechanic had been called out for inactivity, while a couple of scattered votes elsewhere kept the suspicion from being unanimous. Meanwhile, the Harpsichordist was the favorite to get his brothers' instruments, while the Historian had a small following wanting to give him the Butler's crest for study. The votes for the armor were evenly divided between the Blacksmith and the Jailer.

Beggar Methos (Male, Human)
2 Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven) thomas.berubeg
Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) Mergle
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) Mergle
3 Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human) Ozbenno
2 Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) Nictel CCRunner Stuck in Pi
1 Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) Sepuku

1 2 Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human) CCRunner
Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven)
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven)
3 Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven)
Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) Ozbenno Nictel thomas.berubeg CCRunner

Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human)
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human)
Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven) Ozbenno Mergle
1 Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)

You know, I think we should Destroy the Crest of Animus, if possible. We should bury the nightmare here and now.

CCrunner, I think that PriceScamp was talking about the time he spent in jail few days ago. He did claim then that his belongings were stolen while he was in jail.

OOC: THe Crest to Nictel then :p

CCRunner, I am less than satisfied with your explanation. You point out that 'hey, he wasn't in jail last night!' but do you really think we could not have figured that out by ourselves? The Paladin was indeed in jail two nights ago and I have no reason to think he's lying about his sword being stolen, and that you try to avoid blame for this makes you suspicious.

The instruments go to Ozbenno. The armour to thomas.berubeg, if only because I don't want to see it end up in the Jailer's hands.

Um, you weren't in jail last night, you realize that right?

*facepalms*

I had learned already you had checked the Jester's items while she was in jail, and when I was released and found out that someone had been in my room and had stolen my sword, you seemed the most likely suspect and you have hardly proven anything but.

"The jailor CCRunner is innocent. I don't know who stole your sword and why but it wasn't him."

Top Bottom