Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

I also want to hear the Master at arms's opinion about all this.

OOC: she was active in Snake and Foxes thread, but is currently silent at this thread... at least for 5 pages

That's some great evidences :p I hope more solid than what made you think I am a girl :mischief:...
Seriously, if you want to know more, I haven't any strong evidences on who are the bad guys either, thus as we are getting less and less numerous in the castle, I don't want to make blind accusations which could seal the game for one or the other side. Moreover, even If I don't post much in the thread, it is in no way a good indicator of my activity. I use IM liberaly, and PMs too :p I am sure you can check this with some people that you trust in the castle. Moreover, you are always free to join me by PM (I can send you my IM address) if you want to know more about how I can be usefull to all the innocents in the castle (my only motivation).

Off topic: in S&F, I am just broke :lol:

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Sepuku, earlier today I had hoped to see you jailed rather than killed, because if you're telling the truth about yourself, we innocents really do not want to lose you. And your story about yourself does have some merit. Surely there is (or was) someone in the castle who is of evil orientation, yet not out to see the rest of us dead. I'm just not convinced that someone is you.
I hope I'm right.

That hope is misplaced. You will see that while I may be evil, I was not giving into and slaughter and was only trying to help all those out that wish out of this. I hope you all will see that when I die, you have only given the Lord one more day with which to kill you. Let my innocence be the proof behind these words...

Evening Nine​

The last half of the day had a flurry of execution votes, as the Lord saw his rule questioned, and answered with accusations of his own. The items were largely forgotten in the course of the tense afternoon. The Hunter was the one who ended up with the most votes against him in the end, by a landslide. The big orc didn't look like the sort to go peacefully, but when it came down to it, he walked into the greenhouse without a struggle.

There was a giant, dead tree in the middle of the greenhouse. With all the flowers blooming around it, it looked very much out of place. A cart had been positioned below one of its thick, low-hanging branches, and the orc was led to stand atop it. The noose was thrown over the low-hanging branch, then tied around his neck. His hands were tied behind his back, and he was asked for any last words. "You weak fools are making a big mistake," he replied with a surprising degree of calm.

The horse attached to the cart was whipped, and the cart moved out from under the Hunter. The heavy orc dropped, the rope was pulled taut, and his thick neck snapped loudly. The mob waited, but there was no transformation.
Spoiler :
The Hunter was innocent!
That just left the items to be distributed. The Beggar took the Key to the Catacombs and departed to check out his new property. The Groundskeeper took the Officer's Saber and gave it a few practice swings before sheathing it. Finally, the Cook carefully picked up the Hand Cannon and examined it from all angles, apparently unaware that she was staring into the business end of the thing.

Night fell, and the castle was again turned over to those that stalked the night.
Spoiler :
5 Beggar Methos (Male, Human) Methos Renata Nictel Sepuku
Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven) Ekolite
1 3 Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven) Ekolite Ekolite Renata
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

5 1 Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) Renata Renata Ekolite Sepuku
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human)
4 1 Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) Methos Sepuku Renata Nictel
7 1 Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) Sepuku Winston Hughes

Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human) Nictel Sepuku
1 2 Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven) Winston Hughes Methos Sepuku
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven) Methos Renata

Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human) Winston Hughes Nictel Nictel Sepuku
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) Methos Sepuku
Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)

Note that the Hand Cannon's placement is not an error.
It is Night Nine!
Those with night actions, send them to me!
Public posting is closed!
Day breaks in 23.5 hours!

OOC: It seems some troll sent an e-mail in reply to my soon-to-be-former roomate's listing on craigslist for a new roommate and he flipped out last night, went into my room and removed the modem and said we are not getting it back. Cause apparently he thinks we sent the e-mail. So I will try my best to be online when I can (I'm at my dad's atm, but he lives on an island and I have to work the next 5 days).

((Agreed. That sounds pretty stupid...good luck on getting internet access though!! :D
You could try public libraries like I'm using currently while my roommate's sister is visiting and using my room. It's free and you get a decent amount of time...))

OOC: Well my car died on my today before I even started it (which i couldn't) and is leaking gas out of the fuel line, so I have no car for a few days either :/ Luckily I got the internet back but I may have to play a game of juggle the modem around if the wireless keeps sucking (lousy d-link router). So no going anywhere either :/ Luckiyl I move out on the 1st and will get internet set up as soon as possible there and by then i should have a car. Anyways, damn, where's chand? I hope he's doing fine.

Morning Ten​

There was a strange energy in the air as the castle woke up on the tenth morning. It was impossible to describe, but it was definitely there. As the remnants of the castle made their way to the greenhouse, everyone paused and looked over their shoulder, or felt a sudden wave of goosebumps, or felt their heart race with no apparent cause. Something was different in the castle.

The greenhouse was stifling hot, and filled with a riot of color as every flowering plant seemed to be about to burst with energy. Butterflies fluttered through the air, and the flowers' heady perfume contributed to the vibrant feeling. It made a sharp contrast with the vacant air of the emptying castle itself.

With so few people left, it didn't take a headcount to determine who had died. Fourteen had gone to their rooms the previous night. Twelve came to the greenhouse in the morning. The Master-at-Arms, RRRaskolnikov was gone, as was the Jailer, CCRunner. The dozen survivors, one third as many as had met on that first day after the Magistrate and the Carpenter met their end, went to investiage.

The Jailer had been savaged by the werewolf. He had been ripped to shreds, quite literally. A quick search of the room found nothing of interest.
Spoiler :
The Jailer was innocent!
The Master-at-Arms left a more startling legacy. His room was splattered with blood, but there was no corpse. The old elf might've put up a fight, but it wasn't enough. He had left something interesting behind - perhaps inspired by the Vicar's example, he had been composing a confession to be read just in case he too was killed at night. It was carefully worded to reveal nothing of the one he had been protecting, but it made it clear that the Master-at-Arms had been working with the werewolf.
Spoiler :
The Master-at-Arms was a werewolf accomplice!
Only one item was left without an owner, now. It was the Longsword once owned by the Master-at-Arms. The survivors would now need to find a new owner for it.

It is Day Ten!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Longsword are Blue!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

Sorry about the lateness of the update. Some unexpected (but extremely welcome) news came to me recently, and I've had a hard time focusing on this enough to just sit down and write. Anyway, I'm switching back to the original time schedule for the remainder of the game.

(Oops, forgot one thing.)

As soon as the dead were accounted for, the Historian called for everyone's attention and spoke as follows.

Nictel said:
"I speak to you right at the dawn of the day because I feel this must be addressed right away. The Cook has been hoarding and begging for items for ages. Even though this disturbed me I did not act on it. Last night he somehow got hold of the handcannon. It is clear he somehow cheated his way around our honest votes. A theft in open view of everyone. The last person to ignore our votes was the malevolent priest Frozen in Ice! That is why I vote to let the cook have his last self-made supper tonight."

The Historian has placed a vote against the Cook.

It wasn't the Cook that had the extra votes; it was me.

I'm voting for myself to be lynched. I think someone I trust must be betraying the innocents. Doing this may help to show who it is.

It is true that it was Renata's will that was the reason I got the Handcannon as opposed to Nictel. Also, may I highlight the fact that the Historian has been equally ''hoarding'' in items throughout our time in the castle, and that it is clear that he only seeks to have me excecuted so that he can get his hands on the items that I have collected.

ay ay ay... this be bad.

naught but twelve of us left, eh? this be very bad...

The Sword shoul' be goin' ter me

as ter who we gonna lynch, that be for decidin' later.

OOC:
Spoiler :
Someone is evil around here :rolleyes: Too bad I can't speak anymore :lol: Really nice game Chand :)

Top Bottom