Night of the Werewolves XXV: Border of Life

The Maid, whilst sweeping, also likes to tackle the problems of the world. A multitasker, they would have said of her, had that word been invented.

Well, you know, I think the best way to go about this is to have everybody speak up. You know, make sure we're all here, so to speak.

So, you know, rhawn hasn't spoken up yet. But fear not, dear; speak up and I'll be glad to retract my vote.

I do hate to cast stones, but...

Frozen in Ice
Tolis
Ekolite
Hell_hound
Rhawn
Mergle
Jono
Splime
Stuck in Pi
That's the list of the silent thus far..... voting randomly, I'll go with Stuck in Pi

"I find the prospect of a random killing both hideous and exemplary of the behavior those responsible for these killings would hope from us."

The butler sighed, sliding a jacket over his lord's shoulders.

I agree rhawn should hang. Not only will he be useless against a Werewolf, but he is a broken toy. Perhaps the lord of this castle need wind him up or throw him away.

rhawn to hang because of her silence

"Sure! Kill our only entertainment! Turn it in to a real hell hole! No I am hungry and haven't been able to find any thing edible! Where is that cook Ekolite?!"

"It seems like the majority has settled on trying to wake up rhawn, and I will agree on this point; surely, a jester would not be silent like this, rhawn?"

There are a lot of people who haven't spoken up Splime is among them.

Sorry, I've been a bit busy philosophizing. (OOC: A bit of RL.) I'll wait a bit before casting my vote, as I want to give the others a chance to speak up.

It is good to see you are here among us and not just locked up in your own mind. The same can't be said for rhawn as of yet however.

The cook has been in her kitchen, cooking. She always cooked when she was agitated or nervous, and the cooling cakes, pies and pastries were piling up rapidly on the kitchen table. Her bare arms are covered in flour, as is her hair, and face, so that her usually quite pale skin looked unnaturally white.

''2 parts flour... 1 part sugar... 1 egg... 1 bag of rasinins... 3 tomatoes...'' she muttered under her breath as she piled ingriedient after ingriedient into the massive cauldron before her,, strirring with a large wooden spoon.

''Blasted werewolves,'' she continued, emptying a sack of brown sugar into her cauldron. ''You'd have thought the government would have done something about it by now, they seem to be everywhere these days! Is there a village, castle, or ship on Erebus that hasn't been attacked by werewolves? It's a conspiracy! They'll kill us all and turn us into mindless werewolf slaves...''

Her mumbling continues under her breath as she continues to cook throughout the evening.

The beggar hides in one corner watching the odd proceedings. He wonders why people are so quick to kill someone when we already have two killers in the castle. Wouldn't that be helping them out? Thinking hard while trying to ignore the rumbling. If there was evidence that someone was a wolf or killer, I could see it, but just because he's probably off eating a nice trout dinner with fresh potatos, maybe a chicken leg on the side, and .....(loses train of thought). :hmm:

Break the two-thirds vote, that's it! All he has to do is make sure that this rhawn fella doesn't get enough votes. So, I'll vote for.....nope, he's too powerful, so will have me killed. What about.....nope, that isn't wise either. Looks at the child, now that one is definitely scary, but also not wise.

The beggar realizes that no one likes a beggar, so targeting anyone is bound to get him thrown out of the castle, which currently isn't the best option, so he said the first safe thing he could think of....

I accuse the beggar!

Evening One

As the day neared its close, the denizens of the castle began to voice their suspicion for those avoiding the public eye. The Philosopher, once roused from his room, came out into the open and assured everyone that he wasn't guilty, but some, like the Jester, refused to come out.

There was much debate over what to do with the Jester. A few favored killing her - it was the only way to be absolutely sure of her innocence, after all. Others were outspokenly against that, holding that there were enough deaths happening already with werewolves and other killers about. Most merely averted their eyes and didn't say anything either way.

Eventually, those pushing to have no one killed prevailed. They found the Jester in her room, giggling and muttering to herself. She had to be told three times that it was time to go to the jail, but once it sunk in, she complied easily enough. They locked her in the jail, and then the crowd promptly returned to the courtyard to determine what to do next.

It seemed that there was nothing to do but go to sleep and hope that somehow both of the kills were flukes, that everyone would wake up alive and well in the morning. It was a foolish, idealistic hope, but there was nothing else to be done. The crowd dispersed quite quickly, and soon the courtyard was empty. The cold winter sun sunk below the horizon, and the lights in the castle went dark, one by one...

Spoiler :
Astrologer oyzar (Female, Elven) Splime rhawn
Bard Frozen In Ice (Male, Elven)
1 Beggar Methos (Male, Human) Methos
Blacksmith thomas.berubeg (Male, Dwarven)
Blademaster Tolis (Male, Elven)
Butler TheForestAuro (Male, Elven)

Child Niklas (Female, Human)
1 Cook Ekolite (Female, Elven)
Farmer Icekommander (Male, Human)
Fiddler Izipo (Male, Elven)
Fisherman MooseWarrior (Male, Human)
Gardener Backwards Logic (Female, Elven)

Gatekeeper hell_hound (Male, Elven)
Groundskeeper Renata (Male, Human) D'artagnan59
Harpsichordist Ozbenno (Male, Human)
Healer Diamondeye (Female, Elven) rhawn
Historian Nictel (Male, Elven) Ekolite
Hunter Sepuku (Male, Orc) rhawn

Jailer CCRunner (Male, Human) Stuck in Pi
5 Jester rhawn (Female, Elven)
Lord Winston Hughes (Male, Elven)
Lutist BananaLee (Male, Human)
Maid LightFang (Female, Elven) rhawn
Master-at-Arms RRRaskolnikov (Male, Elven)

Mechanic Mergle (Female, Dwarven)
Mercenary KingMorgan (Male, Human)
1 Merchant D'Artagnan59 (Male, Human)
Miller ZPV (Female, Human)
Painter Jono (Female, Elven)
Paladin PrinceScamp (Male, Human)

Philosopher Splime (Female, Elven)
Sculptor PaulusIII (Female, Human)
Seamstress Seon (Female, Human) rhawn
Seneschal Adrogans (Male, Dwarven)
1 Soldier Stuck in Pi (Male, Human)
Vicar Aramazd (Male, Human)

67% of votes required to lynch. The Jester received 55%.

It is Night One!
Those with night actions, send them to me!
Public posting is closed!
Day breaks in 24 hours!

OOC: I'll be away until tuesday unfortunately. Parents decided to surprise me with a trip to visit cousins :)

{ OOC: Just a comment on the "why should we vote to kill people? It's barbaric!" responses. May I suggest to future GMs that you use my accusation system from Castle Stonemoor instead of votes? I'm a bit miffed that it wasn't picked up in future games. If you weren't around at the time and want to know more, feel free to ask me. :) }

OOC: I liked that Idea too, I don't know why it didn't really catch on.

OOC: I''ll bite, what was the accusation rule in your NotW?

Voice from the off:

I think this migth better be served in a separate thread, but it does sound like an interesting discussion.

Morning Two

For the second time, the sun rose to illuminate a death in the castle. The sky was overcast, and the sun's light was dimmed. This time, virtually everyone woke with the first weak rays to come through their windows. No one wanted to stay alone in their rooms any longer than necessary.

As the crowd milled about in the courtyard, the Seneschal stood atop the gallows to count heads. Finally, he turned to his master standing down below. "Two missing, m'lord! The Vicar and the Painter!"

It'd didn't take them long to find the Painter. Even before anyone thought to check her room, a murder of crows could be noticed gathering around a section of the castle's battlements. The scavengers scattered as the denizens of the castle approached, revealing the Painter's mauled body, torn almost in half by the werewolf's sharp claws. The Healer winced and turned away, but there was obviously nothing to be done.

Spoiler :
The Painter was innocent!
Next, as one, the group went towards the Vicar's rooms. They opened the door, and the first few people into the room found it empty of signs of life, but for a spatter of blood on the writing table. The Seamstress looked about ready to be sick, and the orcish Hunter gritted his teeth and punched the stone wall.

The Lord waved away the smelling salts offered to him by the Butler and walked to the scene of the crime. On the table was a letter. It had a few drops of blood on it, but it was still legible. The denizens of the castle crowded into the small room, all trying to get a glimpse.

"To serve Lugus is to open one's own eyes. The God of Illumination gives us knowledge of all possible pasts, presents, and futures. I have lived my life with this knowledge, and now, I know that my unavoidable death is close.

"I cannot avoid it, and so I will use my last moments to illuminate you all on the nature of the threat you face. Know that I have been working with the werewolf among you. It was what I had to do, and I do not regret it, because I have seen"

The letter abruptly stopped. The Lord turned the paper over, but nothing else was written on it. The Vicar had been abruptly killed before finishing his last testament. The Lord backed away and let everyone else have their own look at the letter. The Vicar hadn't managed to say everything he wanted to, but one thing was clear.

Spoiler :
The Vicar was working with the werewolf!
Next, a few people went to check on the Jester. She was still imprisoned, though the humor of the situation was apparently not lost on her. She would stay there until the next dawn.

For now, the matter of voting was placed before the living, free denizens of the castle. And not just for executions or imprisonment - though after facing death two mornings in a row, they were less inclined to settle for mere imprisonment in the first place. The Beggar raised a shout when he saw an odd item among the Vicar's possessions. It was a Staff of Lugus, tipped with a golden orb that caught the weak light and magnified it severalfold. The Painter had also been in charge of the Key to the Studio. Voting would commence on those items as well.

It is Day One!
Players, place your votes!
Votes for the Staff of Lugus are Gold!
Votes for the Key to the Studio are Brown!
Lynching requires half of all cast votes!
Public posting is open!
Night falls in 48 hours!

Ach! This i'nae good...

Ekoliteshould loike that staff, thar... vary, vary useful in the Kitchen...

Top Bottom