Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

Hi everyone!

I've just gotten back from my holiday, and will try to catch up over the next day or two.

-ZPV the carpenter

Another day dawned on the once peaceful village. Dawned might be an overstatement though as seeing the sun through the snow was still impossible. People gathered in the inn again. This time there were two people missing rather than one however. The traveler had been having trouble moving around since he fell down the stairs a week ago, but it looked like he wouldn't bother to come down at all today. People went upstairs to check up on him, fully excepting to see a gorefest like the previous murders. What met them was surprising however. The traveler looked almost peaceful there he laid in his bed, if it wasn't for the extra grin he had gotten a bit further down.

Spoiler :
The Elf Traveler Ekolite was Innocent

The other person missing was the Baker. Both his brother, the Miller and the Butcher looked very worried. They hurried over to the bakery along with most of the crowd. There they found a scene which made the Fisherwoman vomit. Blood and gore was spread all over. It looked like noone would be able to eat much of the Baker's last works as they were mostly ruined by the carnage.

Spoiler :
The Baker Winston Hughes was Innocent

Upon returning to the inn there was a note discovered on one of the tables:

anonymous said:
I fear that my cure has not worked! Wait no, I'm lying! Or am I? Can one truly lie on paper? Yes.

Well that answers that. Sepuku has lived enough days and her threat to us must end now.

The traveler had left behind a silver amulet with an interesting insigna, though most people didn't recognize it.

It is now day, Night in ~48 hours.
Accusations in Bold Black
Votes of confidence in Bold Green
Votes for the Amulet in Bold Blue

"Sepuku, I'm still not convinced about you. You have yet to bring forth a proper reason for not executing you, in particular a reason with *cough*proper*cough* sources rather than some incoherent story by an anonymous contributor.

As for the amulet, I, the Bard would be pleased if you gave the amulet to me. It's a reminder of a person who could not keep himself to linger in one place and wanted to enjoy the wide world... just like me. Then again someone might well have a better reason, so I'm open to other suggestions as well."

Sepuku, for the good of all of us, please Die. I am sorry, but it has to be this way.

The adventuress is laughing.

"Seems to me we got one big group of anonymous. The handwriting seems different. Poor Sepuku being accused like that. The killings don't seem to mark the trait of a wolf. Perhaps the so called innocent demons would like to explain?..."

How is getting ripped to pieces not a trait of a common werewolf?

The Widow sighs,
"Yet more murders" The Widow calls out to noone in particular "Why won't you leave us alone we have done nothing"
The Widow then picks up the note that was left at her Inn.
"Surely this note is written by a different person? Perhaps the learned historian can tell the difference between the writing?" The Widow pauses before continuing to say her thoughts out loud "I can' t help but feel that this letter is a frame up. I feel that somone really want's poor Sepuku dead"
She looks directly at the butcher
"However, I am truly sorry darling Sepuku, but unless there is proof that you are not a wolf, we will have to find a way to test you ourselves."
The widow once more, bury's her head in her hands and breaks out crying

You know I read that as the baker vomiting all over?

I had my concerns about the butcher last evening, after talking with Ekolite, may he rest in peace. Now Ekolite is dead. That does raise my concerns about Sepuku, so I fear she must die.
However, I am a bit confused by the method of death. It was the Baker who died in a werewolf or other brutal monster-type manner, not the adventurer. The adventurer seems to have died at the business end of an assassin's blade. But for the moment, with no other good leads, my concern is primarily the wolf that slaughters the sheep I hold so dear.

Stepping forward, the seamstress gasps.

"What's this? A note!" turning to face the crowd with angry, sad eyes the seamstress shakes her head. "You foolish people. I wrote this note," she said bitterly, her skin fading to a dark red.

"As we have found out so violently, there was an innocent demon amongst us. I went to Methos yesterday, pleading for him to cease this rampage against one of my brethren - one I did not know existed. But once again we were sidetracked in an utterly fruitless case against someone other than Sepuku"

Her skin searing, the demon calmed down.

"I am just as innocent as the rest of you. I am the same seamstress you have known for years. I just want a calm, safe town to settle down and live in. Is that so much to ask? For Sepuku, it is."

The historian is eyeing up Niklas's cart suspiciously.

Hmm. Well, that looks like an anvil, but who's to say it isn't hiding a secret portal to hell? Or maybe this is where you sharpen your fangs. I'm on to you, wolf-demon.

Deciding to believe the blacksmith's ridiculous 'I am a blacksmith' story (for now), the historian jumps from the cart and lands (on his face) in front of the cow farmer.

thhrrrrpt. I hate gravity. Anyway: so, Methos! A dagger left in Tolis's home, and now a dagger through the neck of our dear traveler, it seems! You don't even have to be amazingly awesome like me to see the connection here.

He strikes a manly pose, but is interrupted by sprig with some inane request.

No, I can't discern the difference between types of handwriting. Maybe you failed handwriting in your simple village school, but I moved on to bigger and better things. Tell you what: if a great war breaks out on the village green, and you need a 5000-word essay on its origins to save your life, then come and get me. Otherwise, leave me alone. And stop crying. I voted that stone to you to stop you doing that. It's annoying and distracting.

Seriously, stop it!

He turns away in a particularly cool manner, even for him. As he walks away, some people swear that they see him wipe his eye with his sleeve. But he was probably just pushing away his finely-coiffed hair, of course.

"Another demon?! Perhaps you are innocent today but who says you will be tomorrow? Is there a thing like an innocent killer? An innocent evil?

And what is this about daggers being connected to the cow farmer?"

The Widow is sobbing so loud that she doesn't hear the Seamstress properly.
"Demon? Whos a Demon?"
The words of the seamstress brings back a recollection of the previous day,
"What ever happened to the Silver Knife the demon Tolis claimed to have? It wouldn't be surprising if he was lying, him being a demon and all. It is a trait I hear demon's share."

EDIT: OOC: Bloody cross-posts, i need to refresh before i post.

Ah, as I've been doing for the past two days, Sepuku, why don't you just slash out your own neck to save us the trouble?

Perhaps the so called innocent demons would like to explain?..."
Tolis was revealed to be innocent when some of the silly members of the village accused him of the killings. It is quite obvious that Sepuku is the one behind all this madness. Right, mama and papa?

A dagger left in Tolis's home,

Recall that Tolis requested Oyzar to verify it and Oyzar never did. Plus the fact that Tolis didn't have a dagger upon his death should make you realize there never was a dagger in the first place. Plus, had this killer left behind the dagger, then how was it they were able to use the dagger to kill Kol? You're logic is extremely flawed for one who considers himself so intelligent. It's rather bad that a simple cow farmer must educate one of your education.

OOC: You know Tolis from prior games, so you know how well he can be trusted.

"z4ckdabeast, my niece a demon too?"​
Of course not! I am but a simple girl, your outrageous accusation of my being some sort of Satanic being is disgusting to me, Aunt. No hugs from me when you come to visit next.

Top Bottom