1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by oyzar, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

LURKER: Oyzar, you got Autolycus' accusation wrong in the tally..?

2. Pinman

Pinman Demons & Brazil

Did you miss the part where I changed my vote against ZPV, Ras?

The part where I said we should lynch Izipo?

3. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

What? Again? What did I do this time? I correctly predicted the existance of a hidden faction, and I also predicted Izipo to be a part of it, to the point where I asked Methos to kill him. (Yes, if you had not already understood, Methos' last action was to kill Izipo.) Why am I not trustworthy?

Pinman, if you have any specific reasons not to trust me then please speak up. It is hard to defend against "he can't be trusted", and it's not really very compelling either, so I can only surmise that so many follow the vote out of simple bandwagon mentality.

I am tempted to accuse Pinman of foul play, but the fact is that the events of the last days have convinced me that he is in fact innocent. He was the one to accuse Izipo yesterday, and he has been working with Methos who is now proven innocent. I sincerely wish we could put our differences aside, only the cultists will gain anything from us two fighting.

From information I have received, I will instead accuse the wine merchant mythmonster2. Others that I trust have reason to suspect him a killer, and looking at his voting record we see a typical bandwagon mentality worthy of someone trying to hide.

4. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

:lol: Apparently... though your opinion surely influenced the band-wagon... I will change my vote asa I get more info...

5. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

Actually, after talking to certain people I have become quite convinced that CCRunner's story that the widow seemed to believe in does not match up at all.

6. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

I withdraw my accusation on Pinman, and vote to see CCRunner being lynched

7. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

OOC: I can explain. This NOTW has, without a doubt, been one of my worst. A combination of summer laziness and so many things popping up it would make a Whack-A-Mole get confused has caused me to just be lazy. Also, hardly anyone ever brought me into anything, leaving me as probably one of the least knowing villagers here. Now I do have time, so I should be able to do things other than just jumping on the bandwagon.

IC: I can tell you one thing, though. Pinman knows that I am innocent, and you can ask him yourself.

8. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

I am not happy with what i have learnt about CCrunner.

I think we could safely delay lynching Niklas for a day.

9. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

CCrunner, the others have convinced me, I am afraid.

10. Kulko

Kulko Innocent Bystander

Sorry but after the holiday, I am totally out of sync with the game. Izipo was my only real suspect so I am not going to accuse anyone.

11. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

After some more talks I withdraw my accusation of CCRunner... I won't accuse anybody then

12. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

What story? Please, enlighten us all. My supposed "convincing" of the widow? Yeah, that was me asking why he voted against me and him saying it was just to see my reaction. Yup, definitely a good story ;)
    What you have learned about me? :lol: What is that exactly? Since the only two people I"ve told anything about myself to are (currently) not voting against me?

It's not like I mind being lynched, I"ve been expecting it for a few days now. But for gods sake, at least be honest in your reasons :p

My vote against Niklas stays, now for more reason than I trust pinman enough to follow his lead.

13. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

The snow was still falling heavily come evening. Everyone gathered in the inn to see the conclusion to this fateful day. The Blacksmith had faced numerous accusations through the day, but so had the Wheat Farmer's Daughter.

The Blacksmith was eager to finish the results of the day. He clearly wanted the Wheat Farmer's Dead. "She should die, she is a danger to herself and to us all here!" The Wine Merchant tried to stop him. "You are not the one who decides here, in fact you are probably way more dangerous to us all!" The Blacksmith brushed the Wine Merchant away quite easily. With just a swipe of his arm and the Wine merchant was sent flying across the room. On the way there, he hit a couple tables and chairs. Fortunatly for him, he didn't get hurt however. The Wine Farmer then stepped forward. "Face your punishment demon! You are the last of these evils troubling us. I know this village and I know the people here! Your terror ends tonight!" At these words, there were mixed feelings in the crowd. If this was true then they should be happy, but there was still the matter of the demon to deal with.

The Blacksmith let out a roar. Suddenly he seemed larger, wider, taller. What people had tought was a hammer in his hands revealed itself to be claws. There were wings on his back and horns on his head. "DIE" he screamed and charged the poor little girl. People were ready however. The fisherman threw his harpoon at the beast. It was easily brushed aside but it did distract it for a moment. It made it harder to dodge the unidetifiable item from the tools of the tools merchant that the little girl threw at him. It barely scractched him, but still enough to draw blood. It wasn't enough to stop the demon though... It slashed at the little girl. Lucky for her, the cotton farmer was there in time. With what seemed imense speed and stregth he managed to block the blow from the Demon. That didn't mean that the demon would let up however. It slashed at the Cotton farmer, who almost kept up with the beast. He had no openings to strike at the demon. That the Lumberman and the Paladin had however. The Paladin swung his sword and the Lumberman his axe at the Demon. He did manage to batter aside the sword, but the axe hit him squarly in the back. With that blood gushed forth. This also allowed the Fisherman and the Wheat Farmer's Daughter to throw their weapons again. This time they did hit. And now the Cotton Farmer and Paladin were ready with their swords again. Swinging from each side they cleared the Demons head clearly from it's neck...

Spoiler :
    The Blacksmith Niklas was a demon!

The demon was dead! They had done it! Much cheering went up... Were they finally rid of the threats to the village? People started to head back to their homes. No matter what the future might bring, there was another day tomorrow. The Wine Farmer wasn't ready to head home just yet. He wanted to tell everyone the great tale of the recent events and how he figured it all out! Some stayed to listen. The Brewer was angry though. Why would that Farmer get all the attention when his beer clearly was superior to his wine? No matter how much he liked to hang around and drink, standing than the old man's company was more than he could bear now. The Wine Merchant Stayed and listened as did several of the others....

Come morning it was clear there had been no more deaths. Much had been revealed about the inhabitants and the visitors over the course of the events, and not all of it had been good. Could they live on with their lives as they had been?

The Wine Farmer was happy enough with the events, even the other old people had disapeared in the circumstances! He could now enjoy his elderdom in peace. Staying and continuing his flourishing wine farm was definatly in his future, though he didn't really have a heir for running the farm after him, but that time, that sorrow.

Maybe the Cow Farmer's Son would continue the farm? He had married his grand Daughter after all. He was definatly going to stay in the village. There he would live as happy as he could, running the wheat farm and later the wine farm. A cow farm there wouldn't be again in the village in a while though. All the cattle was dead, and starting anew was not a tought that tempted anyone. His wife would make him happy. She would not be happy herself however. In her dreams she still saw crazy things. While some might say the dreams and sights she saw was just do the events, she knew they were more than that. There was noone to cure her... Despite giving her happy husband several kids, she would eventually go mad and kill herself to escape the voices.

The Wine Farm continuing on made the Wine Merchant a happy man. He would still make great profit from buying the Wine Farmers Wine and selling it on to more affluent costumers. A boring life perhaps, but we can't all live in interesting times.

The Cotton Farmer and the Sheep Farmer would live on happy together. While the sewmistress and the cloth trader were dead, there would always be others of those. And if nothing else, they could always make things themeslves. With two farms to their name, their decendants wouldn't have much missing in their life, though of course hard work awaited them.

Similarly the Fisherman and the Fisherwoman still had each other. Their kid would be born in summer and they would continue with their lives. While the Fisherman would always remain working with fishing, the Fisherwoman would do other tasks as well. Her Mother needed help with the Inn, her grandfather might need help with his farm and of course her kids needed to be taken care for. A busy life awaited them both, but a happy one.

The Horse Merchant would stay in the village only a short while. Once the snow had cleared enough, he would leave. One night, that to the villagers seemed to last much longer than it should, he would sneak out with what remained of the Horse Breeders beasts. This would of course be worth quite a lot. They were fine beasts, and they would continue to produce more fine beasts in the future. Even the puny elves were dead. While they weren't directly involved in the killings, he was sure that they somhow had a hand in the events. Nothing good come from the elves, he was sure of. There would be noone to correct that belif.

The village would be mightly diminished, and while the three married couples would shortly bring more inhabitants into the world, it wouldn't be enough to fill the void. The priest, would help out with some of that. Through his work he had some contacts through the wide world. With the help of his word, he could attract some people to come fill up empty houses. Eventually he would take over the position as Mayor of the village. He would rule the village, both in flesh and spirit. There wouldn't be much to rule, but he would be happy and he would do his outmost to make the other inhabitants happy.

There were some who weren't as happy as those mentioned above. The brewer still didn't like the Wine Farmer. The fact that he could brag about how he solved things didn't help much. The corn farmer and the wheat farmer had both disapeared. And while these might eventually be cultivated in the village again, they wouldn't be as bountiful in the imeadiate future. Eventually he couldn't stand the Wine Merchant anymore. Leaving the village was the best outcome for him. Who knows what would happen to his future in the wide world? Maybe he would eventually come back to his city of birth and be hunted down and hung for a crime commited many years ago? Or maybe he would go free and start with another line of work somewhere else?

Another one who couldn't stay in the village was the Herbalist. She didn't like that so many of the people who cultivated the earth were now gone from the village. With this the nature around here would no doubt be poorer and life less rich. Come spring she would decide that her life would be better off on the road. What would happen from there on is another story for another place, but it wasn't an happy story...

The Miller, the Lumberman and the Mayor's Widow would all stay in the village. They wouldn't be happy with the way things turned out. They had all lost someone close to them. While they would carry on with their work, it wouldn't be with the same spirit and effort as before. None of them would be truly happy in life, but we can't all get a happy end...

That leaves just our dear adventurer and our noble paladin. They wouldn't recognize the similarities of their fates. They wouldn't realize how much they enjoyed each other's company. They wouldn't go on together to do great deeds. They would both stay in the village for a short while. After that they would leave each to their own destiny. The adventurer would continue hunting down werewolves. The very same werewolf who had once infected the poor Butcher was still out there. As people of that profession often do, she would meet an untimely end at the hands of her quarry. The Paladin would technically have succeded in his mission. He would be greatly humbled by the experience however. He didn't actually lift a finger in exterminating the vampires from the town. There remained many more missions for his order in the future for him. While he would be mostly successful, he would begin to wonder. "Is what I am doing the right thing? Are these beings really evil? Do they really deserve to die for their deeds?" Maybe there was the spire of a lunnotar inside him? Who can say, eventually he would leave the order, but from their his path would be unclear. A life of honest work? Try facing that after having experiences terrors from the seven hells and murdering hundered? It doesn't really work... Maybe he would feel so angry at the society that eventually brought him to where he ended up that he decided to do something about it? That is also a story that is better told elsewhere.

And that brings us to the end of the fates of our remaining inhabitants and visitors. There were some fates that weren't for the living however. The Horse breeder's spirit would eventually turn into an angel. What an angel do is not for mortals to know however. The old woman wouldn't face as pleasant fate, however, some day, someone would come to the little village and stay in her cottage. And maybe there they would find a book beconing to them. And upon opening it and reading some lines they shouldn't have read out loud, they would be possessed by her spirit. What she could do as a spirit possessing another person is unknown, but her story doesn't end with her death.

Congratulations to the innocents! You are Victorious!

Spoiler final votes :
    Accusations:
    CCRunner - Niklas, RRRaskolnikov, KingMorgan, Seon
    Niklas - Pinman, CCRunner, mythmonster2, Autolycus

Votes for knives:
    Autolycus - Autolycus
    sprig - sprig, Autolycus
    Niklas - Niklas
    KingMorgan - KingMorgan
    Kulko - Kulko

Votes for staff:
    sprig - sprig
    Niklas - Niklas
    KingMorgan - KingMorgan

Votes for Amulet:
    Niklas - Niklas, Kulko
    KingMorgan - KingMorgan

14. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

dammmcross post,

i suspected niklas of being the demon but didn't want him killed just yet. :(

I was hoping to get the knifes and dispose of
    Nictel the Adventurer,
    Thomas the Horse Merchant,
    Kulko the Paladin,
    Mythmonster the Wine merchant,

15. Krill

Krill Deity

Finally won a game...by doing nothing.

16. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

Oh. Yay. This'll be edited later for some actual reviewing.
    EDIT: First thing, since when was I a guy in-game?

17. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

To my mind, it was over as soon as Niklas claimed to be an Elohim. ;)

Jolly good work innocents, in particular Pinman, Methos, and anyone else who was in their little cabal that I didn't know about.

18. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

OF course I'm the werewolf prophet in a game where the only 'werewolf' gets healed night 2...

19. oyzar

I'll post all the PMs here.

Spoiler old man :
    Old Man

Strength: 4
    Race: Vampire
    Victory condition: Vampire
    Personal goal: Survive until the end
    Ability: Convert one other person to your side per night.
    Items: None

Appearances can be deceiving. To everyone else in the village you are just a useless old man. You don’t bother others and they don’t bother you. You are really a vampire. It is common belief that vampires need fresh blood to survive, but you’ve managed well enough with the blood you’ve saved up from various people dying. You have lived here for centuries. Without doubt you are the oldest living here in the village. No one but you knows how old you really are. You could just fine have continued your existence here in peace. Many portray vampires as the lords of the night, reigning terror over whoever gets close to them. That attracts attention however. Attention you could do just fine without.
    Given the recent events you can’t live in peace anymore. You feel that whoever did this deed is without a doubt able to take down you as well. If you just had any ability to figure out who did this, things would be simple. You would just get the villagers to turn against the offender. That is not an option. An option you do have however is to turn others into vampires. They probably wouldn’t be as strong as you (after all they don’t have your centuries of knowledge), but at least they would be way more likely to follow what you say. Taking over the entire village just might be the simplest way to end this conflict, and of course it would give you more power. You don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself, so you won’t be too hasty. Turning one of the other villagers into a vampire every night should be plenty. You could have the powers at your command to kill people, however that is quite messy and of course it would draw more attention. You doubt that there is anyone that you can kill that you can’t convert anyways. Of course once you make someone into a vampire they won’t know much about what is going on. That will be up to you to tell them. They will know they’ve been turned into a vampire though (and their victory condition will have changed).
    Once you and your minions are stronger than the rest of the village it should be a simple matter to take them out no matter what caused recent events and no matter what other creatures might be hiding here. Taking over the village would be rather pointless if you are not alive to see the end for obvious reasons. Even if you fail at taking over the village, surviving would mean you could go and start anew elsewhere.

Spoiler butcher :
    Butcher

Race: Werewolf
    Victory condition: Werewolf
    Personal goal: Your friends the Miller and the Baker must survive until the end.
    Ability: Convert one other person to your side per night.
    Items: Book about werewolves (where you learned what you know about them).

Your father was a butcher here, and you have been brought up to follow in his footsteps. He taught you everything you need to know about the ins and outs of the trade. Sadly the Mayor is not the only person do die in recent history. It was only last week, before the snow started in earnest; you and your father were out on a trip in the forest together with your friends, the Miller and the Baker. You and your father got separated from the others. Suddenly a huge monster came out of nowhere and attacked you. It was 3 meter tall and looked like a mix between a human and a wolf. It ripped your father to shreds before either of you could react. You thought he would do the same to you. Hence you were surprised to find yourself waking up in the forest a while afterwards. Your two friends found you and the remains of your father and brought you back to town. You were covered in blood and you were hurting all over, but you were very much alive. You don’t know why the beast spared you; however you immediately felt something was different. The whole world was felt vivid and savage, for some reason you took note of much more details than you would had before. Maybe the adrenaline from the attack had done something to you? After you came back to town there was a burial for your father, the events were tragic, however no one but you knew that it wasn’t just an ordinary animal that killed your father. When you thought more about the events you realized it was a werewolf that had attacked you. Last night it was full moon. You then came to realize the werewolf didn’t only spare you. It had turned you into a werewolf. Every night your form will shift into that of a beast. You could probably attack and kill people like that unknown werewolf in the forest; however the people in the village are your friends. You don’t want to kill anyone if you don’t have to. You have read a few stores about werewolves however. If you bite someone they will turn into werewolves themselves. Werewolves are stronger and wilder than normal humans, you have already noticed these benefits, and maybe you can share them with your friends? Once per night you can chose a person to attack. You won’t kill anyone. It is doubtful that you could kill anyone that you can’t turn into a werewolf anyway. Once you and the other people you turn into werewolves are stronger than the rest of the village, you should be able to root out any remaining opposition.

Spoiler team pm demons :
    Team pm Demons
    You are here on a mission, to destroy this town. Immediately upon coming here you sensed that something wasn’t as it should be. There are forces at work here that are stronger than your average town. They just might have been able to resist you if you attacked them head on. As such you decided to take them out secretly, one per night. You can choose who does the attack and who to attack. Niklas is the leader though. He has dominated stee. If the leader sends in a kill he is the one doing it. If he doesn’t but another demon does, he will be doing the killing. Speaking of other demons, the demon prince has a very powerful ability. If he is the one who attacks and the target is another demon, then the target will not die, but instead be converted to your side. Naturally if that happen, it will be under the will of both of you. You can both sense the strength of the village fairly well. If your side becomes more powerful than what is remaining in the village, you will be able to overpower the rest and slaughter them.
    You have a few other abilities at your disposal. Niklas is posing as a traveling blacksmith. He can destroy any item he gets in his possession. He wouldn’t actually need a forge to do this as he can just use brute strength. *insert secondary demon name here*is posing as traveling ranger. You do know that there are some other forces at work here. Instead of killing at night stee, can chose to look for the other enemies at night. You are fairly sure that these other people will also attack the various people in the town. As such looking out for people who get attacked might be the best way to catch the offenders. It does’t hurt that “guarding” people is a very natural ability for a ranger to have.

Spoiler blacksmith :
    Blacksmith

Strength: 6
    Race: Demon
    Victory condition: Demon
    Personal goal: Convert at least one demon to your side
    Ability: Attack one person per night, convert demons to your side and kill everyone else (see team pm for more info); you can also destroy any items you get in your possession.

You appear to be a Traveling Blacksmith. This town doesn’t have any of its own so it is a perfect fit. You are actually a Demon Prince. This town is just the last in a large amount of establishments you have utterly eradicated. You are quite intelligent. As such you noticed that something about this town was quite different from others you’ve been in. If you just rushed headlong in with all your power, there just might be a chance that you wouldn’t win. You aren’t alone, but even with the help of your underling you doubt you could win. She is one of the more powerful beings you have encountered, too bad for him that you are more powerful. She has brought his share of slaughter upon this world. You have the ability to dominate any demon that is weaker than you. As such she is following your orders. You suspect that he doesn’t like you much, but she is here on the same mission as you, to exterminate this village. If she were to try anything in direct opposition of you, you would kill him, and she knows it (if she accuse you, you can chose to kill him during daytime).
    To help with your disguise as a Blacksmith you are able to destroy any item you come across. You can’t use any items (and you don’t need them) anyway.
    When you attack someone at night, you will immediately be able to sense what sort of being you will be fighting. Your demonic powers are strong. Any demon you encounter you will be able to bend to your will just like you’ve done with stee. Stee doesn’t have this advantage, and of course she can be used to do other things in the night as well. Of course you also enjoy slaughter immensely so there is no reason to let her have any of the fun. Beside the forces working against you, you are sure there are some demons hiding in this town. If you can convert one of those to your side, that would be nice.
    Being a demon, you are likely to be resistant to most things people can throw at you.

Spoiler ranger :
    Ranger

Strength: 5
    Victory condition: Demon
    Personal goal: The Blacksmith must die, but you can’t vote or speak up against him in public.
    Ability: Attack one person per night (see team pm), if the demon prince doesn’t or protect one person per night.
    Items: none

You are not actually a ranger seeking to protect people and nature against the forces of evil. You are part of those forces of evil that a ranger would normally protect against. You’ve come here with Niklas to destroy this town. Upon arriving here you both noticed something was not normal about this town. If you attacked head on, you might not have won. Instead you have decided that you should kill them slowly one by one.
    You could kill at night, but you doubt Niklas would let you. He is hell bent on slaughter and he enjoy killing. You are completely under his control. He has very strong powers. If you speak up against him, you are sure that he wouldn’t hesitate to kill you on the spot (you can’t accuse him). It would be nice if someone killed him though. That way you could take all the glory of killing the town for yourself.
    You are hiding as a ranger, and it is a very good fit. You can pretend to look out for people at night; while what you are really after are the enemies you are facing here. Should you encounter them, you can most likely dispose of them fairly easily.
    Being a demon, you are likely to be resistant to most things people can throw at you.

Spoiler bard :
    Bard

Strength: 1
    Race: Human
    Victory condition: Innocent
    Personal goal: Use your song to convince the masses that a person without innocent victory is in fact an enemy. For this to count your extra power of accusation have to be the deciding factor for what happens that day.
    Ability: Bard song, you can spin a fabulous tale to convince the crowd about the guilt of a person. This makes your accusation five times as strong as it otherwise would be. It is going to be very obvious when you do so though. Once you use this ability you will be quite tired though. You won’t be able to make up a similar tale for the next day, and of course if your pervious target wasn’t actually guilty, they won’t believe you again.
    Items: Harp (needed for ability).

You have always enjoyed traveling. When you were little you enjoyed going to the next village or even better to a big town with your father. You early decided that you weren’t going to dedicate your life to spend all your time in one place doing the same thing day in and day out. One day an old man came traveling through your little village. He was a bard and he did all sort of impressive tricks. Both old and young got amazed at his display of skills and artistry and his songs and ballads moved many a heart. It didn’t take you long to decide that you wanted to be like him, living free on the road, always a different view, always a different audience. You begged and pleaded with him and eventually he took you in as his apprentice. That is many years since now. Eventually the old man passed away, but not before he could teach you a lot of the trade. If the time comes to make a decision you are pretty confident that your skills are enough to sway the majority to your side of the view (if you RP some grand performance/rhyme you get extra style points). Provided you are right, this could work several times. Hopefully you will be able to convince the crowd this way. You have always wanted to do something right, and what then is better than to convince the crowd that you are right about the enemies you are facing.
    Sadly you have been trapped here for the winter. This isn’t a grand town where you can hold performances a different place every night. The recent events aren’t something you like. Death and destruction is better saved for stories. If you live to see the end of this, maybe a grand tale can come out of it.

Spoiler fisherman :
    Fisherman

Personal goal: Fisherwoman must survive.
    Ability: Your wife means more to you than your life. You can protect her at night. While you doubt that you will be able to kill any attackers, at least you might be able to save her.
    Items: Harpoon (+1 strength)

You have lived your whole life here in the village. Like your father you are fishing to earn a living. There is a lake nearby with a lot of fish. Your father taught you everything you need to know to make sure there is a steady supply of fresh fish no matter the year or weather. Your father passed away 4 years ago, shortly after your mother died. In the period after they passed away you were very depressed. At that time you spent a lot of time at the tavern where you drank to drown your sorrows. There you met *fisherwoman name*, the daughter of the Mayor and his wife. She helped you immensely coming through the tough times. You spent more and more time with her. Eventually you realized you wanted to spend the rest of your life with her. You asked her to marry you and you were married by the priest 2 years ago. Now she helps you more with fishing than she helps her parents at the tavern.
    You are very certain your wife is innocent. She was certainly not a part of last night’s events. You were both busy conceiving your first child then. You are willing to risk your life protecting her (and your unborn child). You are not sure you can ward of any attackers but you got your harpoon to help you.

Spoiler fisherwoman :
    Fisherwoman

Personal goal: Fisherman must survive.
    Ability: Pregnant Woman - People listen more to pregnant women, your accusations are twice as powerful.

You are the daughter of the late mayor. You grew up with your parents helping out in the tavern. From very young age you have liked *fisherman name*. He never seemed to notice you when you played, but you always had an eye for him. As you grew older, he spent more and more time out with his dad fishing and you didn’t see much to him. Your duties at the tavern also kept you busy. This all changed 4 years ago. Both his parents passed away within short time of each other. Due to this he started drinking and coming to the tavern more often. Despite the tragedy this was a nice opportunity for you to see and talk to the love of your life more. You gradually grew closer and finally he asked you to marry him. You were married 2 years by the priest and your parents threw a big party for the entire town. After you married you started living with him and helped him out with his trade instead of working at the tavern.
    You are certain your husband is innocent. He certainly didn’t have anything to do with the killing of your father. You and your husband were quite busy conceiving your first child that night. Speaking of being pregnant, people pay more attention to pregnant women. Your accusations will carry twice the weight.

Spoiler seamstress :
    Seamstress

Personal goal: The cloth merchant must survive
    Ability: Eating dreams – Every night you have to eat some mortals dream to survive. The target will be left drained and unable to do much neither this night nor the next day. If you don’t eat someone’s dreams you’ll become injured. If you fail to eat dreams while injured you will die. Obviously you can still use this ability while injured. After 3 nights of feeding while injured, you will no longer be injured.

You appear as an innocent sewmistress, however that is only a façade. You are actually a succubus. Every night you have to feed on mortal dreams. Unlike normal people you don’t take normal nutrition but you feed instead of the energy of others, through their dreams. After a bout with you in their sleep the target is left drained and left unable to do anything for the rest of the night or the next day.
    How you came to be in this town is a long story. You were once summoned by a sorceress. She lost control over the spell and you were able to escape. You first came to a big city, where there were plenty of targets to feast on. There was a problem though. There were some people who were able to find you out and you had to escape to keep alive. You eventually came to this village and you’ve stayed here in relative peace for a while. You got skilled hands so you are making clothes. With a sheep farmer and a cotton farmer you got plenty of materials to work with. There is also a cloth merchant visiting who buys your finished wares. She is trapped here by the storm. You are housing her, so she trusts you somewhat. Maybe you can work together to figure out who are killing people, that way you can go back to feeding in peace. If she doesn’t survive you’ll have a harder time conducting your business here.

Spoiler priest :
    Priest

Victory Condition: Innocent
    Personal goal: Free an enemy from the curse they are under and hence turn them to the innocent side.
    Ability: You can stop any curse or powerful magic. This should be powerful enough to turn any humanoid suffering from a race changing condition back to their previous race; this will also change their victory condition to Innocent.
    Items: An evil book that can summon a demon

You are the village priest. You was raised to follow your father and taught the tenets of faith. You hold weddings, baptisms, burials and the like. If this is needed, you can hold such ceremonies. That was not the only thing you were taught however, you were also taught more powerful divine magic. You can break any curse or exorcise any spirit. This will surely be useful. The killers are not of this world, you can sense that. There might also be other evil forces in the city that you can use your powers to convert back to humanity. You would very much like to get a use out of this. If you can convert one person back to humanity, you would feel content. Sadly you are not cut out for combat, so you won’t be able to check up on your target. As such you won’t be able to know whether your ability had any effect.
    Your father also left you to take care of a great evil; a book that can summon a demon. With the help of a sacrifice (either willing or forced), another person can be turned into a demon. You can read the text, though you doubt that most people would be able to. If someone can read it, odds are they don’t have good intentions. The book can’t be destroyed, so you just have to make sure it doesn’t fall in the wrong hands…

Spoiler corn farmer :
    Corn Farmer

Strength: 5
    Personal goal: Find out more about this elven girl, and once you do (pm me who it is once you know who it is)…
    Ability: None, though you are a demon and that comes with some benefits and disadvantages…

You are a demon prince. How you came to this small village is a long story. You once delivered terror unto the world like no other. However you have tired of such things and now just want to live in peace. There were no one you couldn’t defeat and nothing you couldn’t do. Taking life was very easy. Giving life isn’t such an easy task however. Your perspective on life changed after you completely wiped out an elven village. There was a little girl there who managed to touch you. It felt very weird, and you are not sure what power she had over you, but after that you didn’t want to just bring slaughter anymore. You now want to make things grow and bring life. Working at a farm and growing corn you are doing just that and you have been somewhat successful. You have stayed in this town a couple years now and your business of farming corn is going pretty well. With your immense strength you have no problem tending to the fields by yourself. Sadly trouble has now come to this town. You can feel that there is something demonic from the killing. You doubt that they are out for you, but you better be careful…
    Maybe this elven girl is in the village, or maybe someone know something about her, at any rate you would like to know more about her…

Spoiler paladin :
    Paladin

Strength: 2
    Personal goal: Find at least one vampire and get that person killed.
    Ability: You can investigate one person per night to check if that person is a vampire.
    Items: Longsword (+1 strength)

You are a paladin. You have toiled long and hard for your order. You were once a noble’s son, but that is of no consequence after you’ve joined the order. As always you are a man on a mission, and this time is no different. You have managed to battle off all manner of vile creatures before. Your order have heard rumor of a vampire living somewhere in this area. As such you have been sent to rat it out. How it is disguising itself you do not know however. You are sure that if you search you can find it. Vampires are powerful creatures. While you are powerful, you doubt you can handle it alone. It would be better to get the support of the village to take it out.
    You had anticipated this would be a quiet hunt with you coming in, finding the vampire, getting help to slay it and then leaving again. However a number of things seem to have gone wrong with that idea. First this winter storm would prevent you from leaving even if you wanted to, second not everyone in the village seem to inclined to help you, as the vampire haven’t hurt anyone and thirdly these killings. It doesn’t seem to be the work of a vampire… Maybe it would have been better if you came here disguised. A paladin is sure to drag some attention one way or another.

Spoiler baker :
    Baker

Personal goal: The butcher must survive
    Ability: At night you can check out one person to see if that person is a ghost.

You have long been worried about the dead. You are sure you can see dead people. Sometimes you see your grandmother, and even though she is not alive you are able to talk to her. Maybe ghosts are the cause for the killings? Like you can see your grandmother, you are sure you would be able to detect ghosts. You need to be careful however, if the ghosts are the ones doing the killing you don’t want to be caught by them. As such you can only check out one person every night.
    You grew up in the village, and you’ve taken over here as baker after your father. Your brother, the miller has taken over for your mother who was the old miller. Your parents have left the village, but neither you nor your brother knows where they went. You have both been enamored with the Butcher for a while. You don’t have anything against your brother, but you would love to have her for yourself. This came to a climax last week. You, your brother, the Butcher and her father were out in the forest. You and your brother got a bit separated from the Butcher and her father. Suddenly you heard a lot of noise and your brother and you went to check it out. You discovered the Butcher wounded and her father ripped to shreds. Lucky she didn’t get killed. You will do what you can to see that she survives this ordeal with the killings…

Spoiler miller :

Miller

Personal goal: The butcher must survive
    Ability: If a person is killed during daytime, you can take whatever items that person had. This will not be public knowledge, though you doubt that you can get away with it more than twice or others will notice…

You grew up in the village, and you’ve taken over here as Miller after your mother. Your brother, the baker has taken over for your father who was the old baker. Your parents have left the village, but neither you nor your brother knows where they went. You have both been enamored with the Butcher for a while. You don’t have anything against your brother, but you would love to have her for yourself. This came to a climax last week. You, your brother, the Butcher and her father were out in the forest. You and your brother got a bit separated from the Butcher and her father. Suddenly you heard a lot of noise and your brother and you went to check it out. You discovered the Butcher wounded and her father ripped to shreds like by a monster. Maybe it is the same thing that killed the poor mayor? Lucky she didn’t get killed. You will do what you can to see that she survives this ordeal with the killings…
    There are a lot of strange people in this village. Your brother is one of them. He seems obsessed with ghosts. You are pretty sure that ghosts aren’t real, and even if they were, they wouldn’t be able to kill people. It is much more likely that it is the monster from the woods that are killing people. While he has been focusing on the otherworldly things, you have learned something far more useful. You can, through sleight of hand, nab items for people. Of course they will notice it shortly afterwards, but they won’t care if they are dead. If anyone were to be killed during day time you can rob them of their items. Even you got your limits however. You are sure you can’t get away with this more than twice.

20. oyzar

More PMs
    Spoiler clothes trader :
    Clothes Trader

Race: Elf
    Personal Goal: The sewmistress must survive
    Ability: You know your clothes. You can modify the clothes of a person so they will be worse able to fight. This reduces their strength by 1. Due to your elven heritage you’ll be able to sneak in unnoticed at night and modify one person’s clothes. Obviously you can’t modify clothes that have already been modified.
    Item: A ring after your mother, it is the only thing you had when you were in the village and it still remains with you.

You are an elf. You grew up in the forest surrounded by your kin. Unfortunately the peace in the forest was not to last. When you were but very young a demon came and destroyed your village. It killed everyone, but when it came to kill you, it suddenly stopped. You have no idea why it spared you, but it doesn’t make you hate what it did any less. The only memory you have left of that village is a ring your mother gave you that you wore on that fateful day.
    After the ordeal you somehow managed to survive and eventually made your way into a larger town mostly habited by humans. With your deft fingers you worked your way up making clothes and eventually you became a merchant doing more trading than actual making of them. You came here in that errand. There is a very skilled sewmistress working here. She is making fine clothes out of wool and cotton that the local farmers grow. She is letting you stay at her place to weather the storm. If she survived that would be nice.

Spoiler old woman :
    Old Woman

Personal Goal: The succubus must die
    Ability: Every night you can take control over one person and have that person do something they would normally be able to do. You won’t get to see the result of that action (unless it is public). Nor will you get to know whether they could do what you suggested, but if they can do it they will.
    Items: A staff, which you use as focus for your magic.

You are an ancient sorceress. You have long studied magic and learnt many different things. Long ago you were born in this village. You didn’t remain here long but left early to study magic. While away from the village you have learnt lot of different magic; summoning, mind magic and some elemental magic. With the help of magic you have also prolonged your life longer than would otherwise be possible. At some point you became wary of traveling and returned to the village. However you discovered that very few people knew of you. That doesn’t stop you from remaining here however. Here you can study your magic in peace. You got enough funds from your earlier endeavours to live the rest of your life in peace.
    Speaking of peace, your life hasn’t always been that way. You have previously dabbled in summoning magic. You once summoned a succubus. You lost control over the magic and she escaped. While you can’t be sure, you think that she is somewhere in the village. She is a master of disguise so if she has stayed here for some time or just arrived, or if she is disguised as male or female you do not know. It might be her that is behind the killings. At any rate it is your mistake why she is here, and you would like to see her dead.
    One aspect of your art that you have truly mastered is mind magic. You can compel someone to do something. Every night you can take control over one person and have that person do something they would normally be able to do. You won’t get to see the result of that action (unless it is public). Nor will you get to know whether they could do what you suggested, but if they can do it they will.

Spoiler wheat farmer :
    Wheat farmer

Victory condition: Special
    Personal goal: Somehow find a way to join one of the non-innocent teams
    Ability: None
    Item: None

You own a large farm right by the village. Together with your wife and your daughter you are cultivating wheat. You could have been happy with that simple existence. Many people have less than you do in life. You are not however. You desire power. This killing is only the beginning, you can feel it. There are some truly powerful beings in this village this winter. There might be a way for you to take share in their power. You got no extra means or abilities to help you, but you got determination which no one else got.
    As for your daughter and your wife, you are sure they have nothing to do with much of anything. They are both too feeble to cause much of harm to anyone. You know they both love you, and while you like them, you like power more! Your wife is pregnant with your second child and she will give birth soon. It is winter so there isn’t much to do at the farm.
    You grew up in this village and have inherited the farm after your father who passed away several years past.

Spoiler wheat farmer's wife :
    Wheat farmer’s wife

Personal goal: Your husband the Wheat farmer and your daughter must survive.
    Ability: Pregnant – people listen more to pregnant women, as such your accusations carry twice the weight.

You grew up in this village. The wine farmer is your father, and his late wife, your mother. The late mayor’s wife is your sister. This village has had a lot of deaths, but that is part of life. You hope that nothing is to happen to your family. You love them dearly, even if they don’t love you as much back. Your husband got a mean streak; it would be bad if he knew that your daughter had some weird abilities. There is no telling what he might do. Speaking of your daughter, she can sometimes see things. Maybe she can help find the killer somehow? You are sure that your husband isn’t the killer, he was with you at the night of the murder.
    You are highly pregnant. The baby might come at any time. It is a result of your love for your husband. Hopefully the new baby will take after you like your daughter and not after your husband…

Spoiler wheat farmer's daugther :
    Wheat farmer’s daughter

Personal goal: Lose your sightings, before they drive you insane
    Ability: Seer – you can determine the race of one person each night

You are a little girl. Your parents have raised you on their farm. So far in your life there have been very few monstrous events like the killing of the mayor. There are some mysterious events affecting you though. You are able to sense things other people may not. Your mother says you are gifted, but you are not sure it is not a curse. No one asked you if you wanted all this information. At night you are able to determine what manner of creature one other person is. If you could get rid of this second sight, you would be a much happier person. It might drive you insane if you are to live with this forever…

Spoiler brewer :
    Brewer

Personal goal: The wine farmer must die
    Ability: Each day you can attack one person and injure that person. This will be available in public. Some people that are stronger than you might not be injured.
    Items: Brass knuckles(+1 strength)

You didn’t grow up in this village. You grew up in some town not far away. Your father was an innkeeper there and he was doing quite well. As such you didn’t miss much in life and you spent a lot of time partying. When you drank you often ended up fighting. This has made you quite experienced in fighting and quite strong. This is also what caused the unfortunate event that made you leave the city. One guy died, lucky your father was able to get you out of the city before you got into too much trouble with the law.
    Eventually you came to this city. You have had no trouble with the law after you came here. People don’t seem to ask too much questions. You got a lot of experience with beer and ale from your wilder days so you figured that you might as well make it. You are pretty good at it too. You still enjoy drinking it, and you loved handing out at the inn with your friend the mayor.
    One guy you can’t stand though, the wine farmer. He always claims that wine is so much better than beer. You know that is not true and it irritates you. The world would be better off without him. Maybe these Killings would mask it if you got the crowd to deal with him. And who knows he might be guilty as well…
    Due to your fighting experience you are sure you can take on most people. Your brass knuckles which you used to kill that guy long ago will only help in that. You aren’t one for subterfuge and stealth however. If you are going to deal with someone, you might as well do it in public. You can attack one person per day. That person will hopefully be unable to do much of anything for a while. It won’t kill anyone but it might stop them from doing something nasty.

Spoiler wine farmer :
    Wine farmer

Personal Goal: The old man and the old woman must die.
    Ability: Activity scan – each night you can check out if one person is actually sleeping in their room, or if they are out and about doing something else.
    Items: Cloak of shadows – Mask you sneaking around at night

You grew up in this small village. You know every in and out of it. At night you don’t sleep much, so you got plenty of time on your hands. With this you have gotten to know the village fairly well. It doesn’t hurt that you have a magical cloak after your father that disguises you in the night. This killing is nasty business. By checking up on if people are really sleeping in their houses at night, you will be able to determine who the killer is.
    As you’ve grown older you’ve been sleeping less and less. That have contributed to why you have so much time on your hands. Of course your wife passing away and your daughters, the wheat farmers wife and the late mayor’s wife, moving out doesn’t mean you have less to do. You are among the oldest in the village, only the old man and woman are older. You remember the old woman leaving the village but when you were but a little kid. You are surprised she is still alive. Similar for the old man, he was there when you grew up, but he is still around… Those old people remind you of how old you are. It would be better if they weren’t here…
    You learned to make wine from your father. Apparently you are pretty good at it. There is a wine merchant visiting you who are paying extraordinary amounts for what you make. He is visiting to buy some, but he seems to have been caught by the storm and is such is unable to leave.

Spoiler wine merchant :
    Wine Merchant

Personal goal: The wine farmer must survive.
    Ability: None
    Items: One vial of poison – PM me before the update you wish to use it.

You are as you appear: a simple wine merchant. The reason you are in this town is simple. A very good wine farmer lives here. His wines are very good, yet he doesn’t seem to notice much so you are able to buy his wine for quite cheap and then sell it expensive elsewhere. You are part of a larger trade amalgamation, founded by your grandfather and some other people. Your entire family is part of this; you are but a small piece of the puzzle. It would be shame if the wine farmer got killed; he is the best thing about this village by far.
    You have been out a winter night before and tackled your share of hardships. Traveling alone you have learnt how to protect yourself and you are quite strong. You also got a weapon to protect yourself if you see the need. With your vial of poison you should be able to bring even the strongest foe down. Sadly you only got one dose so use it wisely.

Spoiler tools merchant :
    Tools merchant

Personal goal: The majority of the people with 1 strength must die
    Ability: Interrogation – each night you can interrogate one person and you get to know their ability. You don’t got any special abilities to make them forget however so they will remember what you did to them, though you will be able to disguise that it is you who did it.
    Items: Torture tools, including some things that can be used as weapons (needed for ability and +1 strength)

You appear as a simple tools merchant. It is true that you got various tools to sell to the villagers. You got a much darker past however. You used to be a torturer in the army. Sadly such practices were outlawed and you lost that job. That doesn’t mean you have lost your skills however. Among your tools there is a collection of items that can be used for such purposes. It is certainly useful to get information out of people, even if it is only what special things they can do. Be wary of who you try to interrogate however, some people might be stronger than you can handle.
    You are quite strong, you despise weak people, it would be better if most of the weak people didn’t exist. While it is easier to get information out of them, they are still a disgrace. If the majority of the weak people got caught up in events and paid with their lives, you wouldn’t be an unhappy man.

Spoiler cow farmer :
    Cow farmer

Personal goal: Kill the person responsible for the major’s death.
    Ability: Every night you can kill one person
    Items: various knives (needed for ability and +1 strength)

Your late husband grew up in this village. You did not however. Your youth was spent in poverty. Your family barely got by in the city. Your mother wasn’t able to work much, and your father was only able to pick up odd jobs that didn’t pay too much. As such you took to the streets early. You were quick and strong, and you learned the rules of the streets. Often you were able to get by better than your family as you could steal what you need. Your skills got you taken in by the local thieves’ guild. There you learned more about stealing and eventually some about combat and killing. It didn’t take much training to realize that you were way better at killing than you would ever be at stealing. As such you got trained as an assassin and you were able to get by quite well on that trade. You aren’t big and strong, but you know how to kill. You doubt that anyone will be able to withstand you even if they are much bigger and stronger than you are. You still got the tools from back then so you should be able to kill just as well as the killer currently on the loose. Hopefully you will be able to find the killers before they find you…
    How you met your husband is quite odd. He was visiting your city while traveling the world. His parents were taking care of the farm, so he didn’t have to worry about that. As a traveler he didn’t have much money. He took any odd jobs he could find. He was unfortunate that one of his jobs were to protect one of your targets. As the skilled assassin you are, you didn’t fail in eliminating the target, however his bodyguard wasn’t too pleased about that. You got into a fight with him, and you were both wounded. For some reason you decided to show compassion and instead of killing him off you took him back to the guild to get patched up. That was the beginning of a long and perilous adventure. Eventually the two of you decided to get away from your former life of adventure and killing. Settling down here on his parents’ farm was therefore a good solution. You were happy here and eventually you got a son. Sadly your husband got trampled by cows some years back. Ironic that he should die that way; when he survived so many perils in the past.

Spoiler cow farmer's son :
    Cow farmer’s son

Personal goal: Marry a woman, and if you do that you might get a secondary one (each will count as achieving it)…
    Ability: You feel that good things will happen to any woman you are with, but you don’t know what.

You are a young man. The cow farmer and her late husband are your parents. You’ve grown up in this village and spent most of your life here. Both of your parents have had quite a lot more colorful lives than that. You are glad that you have not been a part of the events they describe; that is until now. There have been a lot of death and adventure in their past. They have lived in interesting times; you do not wish to do the same. All you wish to do is live a quiet life, marry a pretty girl and live on the farm. There are a lot of pretty women currently in the village. You hope that you will get to marry one of them. With these killings going on, you are not sure how long you have, so better do it sooner rather than later. The priest is the guy usually doing the marriages. Once you get a girl to agree to marry you (have her send me a pm that she agrees to marry you), the priest should agree to marry you (he needs to send me a pm as well), though really anyone having the mayors symbol could do it as well. You feel some weird energy inside you, and you have been having weird dreams about women. Once you are with a woman you are sure something good will happen (you have to have her send me a pm about this as well…).

Spoiler historian :
    Historian

Race: Elf
    Personal goal: Get hold of any and all ancient books in this village
    Ability: Once per night you can pm me one sentence from one post made the previous day (link to the post) and you will get to know some about whether it is true or false.
    Item: A book, where you write down what is happening (needed for ability).

You are a traveling historian. You record important events and history that happens in the land. Being an elf you have lived a long time and you have been doing this for almost as long. You are working for the royal elvish family in doing this, so you don’t have problems with money during your travels. Your intuition is quite good, and it was telling you that something interesting would happen in this village. You are not without skills to see you through this ordeal. As fitting of a historian you obviously write down everything that happens. At night you are able to study this and find out some of what is true and what is false. By using this to use, you just might play a larger role in uncovering the killers than what a historian normally do.
    Writing down history and important events is all well and good. There are a lot of good things written down already however. You are sure there is a couple interesting books in this village. If you could find them and get hold of them, that would be awesome… Who knows they might tell you something interesting about whom or what you are fighting as well.

Spoiler herbalist :
    Herbalist

Personal goal: At least 3 of the wheat farmer, his wife, the corn farmer, the cotton farmer and the wine farmer must survive.
    Ability: Once per 24 hours (one day and one night cycle) you can heal a person from their injuries

You have always been attracted to nature. Growing up in a city, that wasn’t easy. You weren’t very old when you left the city to live closer to the wilds. You have traveled quite far and wide to learn about plants and other growths. You have also collected a lot of saplings and seeds. These you now cultivate in your garden. There you grow all sort of rare herbs and plants. You get by well enough on selling such things to various people. There is sometimes a merchant that stops by to buy larger amount of medical herbs. You also function as the village healer. If someone is sick or ill, you are able to cure them.
    There are some other people growing things out of the earth: The wheat farmer and his wife, the corn farmer, the cotton farmer and the wine farmer. If at least 3 of them survive the earth around here will still be cultivated. You feel that without them, there would be problems with nature here. As such you hope that they do or there might be problems with the surrounding lands.