The rest of the PMs.
Spoiler lumberman :
Lumberman

Strength: 2
Race: Human
Victory condition: Innocent
Personal guy: Kill one person without the innocent victory condition
Ability: Once per day you can attack one person in public and kill that person
Items: A huge axe (+2 strength, needed for ability)

There is a vast forest not far from the village. That is where you are conducting your work. Cutting down trees is hard work, and you are quite strong. Whenever something needs building in the village you are doing it. You are also making wood for the carpenter that is currently visiting. She needs loads of materials, and you provide a lot of it. It is winter now, but even so you are able to cut down trees. As she is staying at your place, you are pretty sure she isn’t guilty, but who knows…
This killing is quite bad. You are sure there are more bad guys lurking about. If you only knew who they were you could take them down with your axe. Your axe is a monstrous weapon and you are pretty strong yourself. You are not afraid to take justice in your own hands. Once you are convinced someone is guilty there is no need to wait for the majority when you can just deal with the problem yourself…

Spoiler carpenter :
Carpenter

Strength: 1
Victory Condition: Innocent
Personal goal: To possess a weapon
Ability: You can steal 1 named item once, just pm me before an update with the exact name of the weapon and the holder and you’ll be able to steal it.
Items: None

You are a woodworker. The only reason you are here is to get wood from the lumber man. Damn unfortunate that you got caught up in these events. With the storm there is no way you can leave, and even then you would still need wood in the future… Your family runs a business working wood. You are here to collect this shipment of wood from the Lumber man. He is a decent enough guy, big and strong. He might be useful in fighting off the killers, that is assuming he didn’t have part of it… The only person you can truly trust is yourself. Unfortunately you don’t have anything to defend yourself with. If only you had a weapon you would feel much safer. You are used to working wood with your hands. They are strong, but they are also very quick. You might be able to steal an item from someone without them noticing. As long as you know what you are stealing that is. Of course they will notice it being gone when they check, but without knowing who took it, it won’t help much. You don’t trust yourself to be able to pull of this more than once however…

Spoiler horse breeder :
Horse Breeder

Personal Goal: Over half the villagers must survive
Ability: None
Item: A mystic stone – can be used to save someone from lynching once

You grew up here in the village, your father and mother were breeding horses and so are you. The quality of the horses is quite astounding. Due to the horses there is a horse merchant visiting. He is regularly here, buying animals and selling them off for various purposes. You like him, but your relationship with him is strictly professional. He is staying at your house, and you like to think that you would know if he had anything to do with the killings. The work with horses has made you quite strong. You don’t fancy taking on a beast with your bare hands but you are probably stronger than most other people.
Your father and mother didn’t just leave you the farm and the horses. You have also a mysterious stone. If prepared properly, it can save someone from dying. This doesn’t work with surprise attacks, but if someone were to die with you knowing about it beforehand, you are sure you could stop it. A powerful item such as that has limits however. It can only be used once.
The village is a nice place. You like it here. If most of the people died, things would never be the same. That would be very sad. You are going to see to it that most of the villagers survive.

Spoiler adventurer :
Adventurer

Personal goal: Find the a werewolf and get that person lynched
Ability: Each night you can investigate a person to check if that person is a werewolf.
Items: None

You once grew up in a village much like this. That one was destroyed by werewolves in a short period. Only a few people survived, but you managed to get rid of the werewolves eventually. That incident has left you with a great hatred for werewolves. No matter where they are, all they seem to do is killing and slaughter. You have dedicated your life to hunting down such creatures and exorcising them from society. You don’t got the strength to handle such creatures by yourself but you can more than carry your weight in a fight.
You have heard there are werewolves somewhere in the area. As such you came to investigate. The killer just might be a werewolf. At any rate you want to find and get the werewolf killed, even if it isn’t killing anybody, it will soon…

Spoiler traveler :
Traveler

Race: Elf
Victory condition: Innocent / Escape
Personal goal: Getting away from this village alive
Ability: Once you escape you can come back with enough force to drive away the bad guys assuming they haven’t won by then.
Items: Amulet – your lucky charm, though much luck it have given you.
Condition: Injured (healthy people don’t have a condition)

You got quite bad luck. First you got robbed on the highway, and then you got caught up here by the storm. The other day you got injured by falling down the stairs in the inn and now the killings started. Personally you just want to get out of here. There are a number of problems with that though. First the storm, that has to stop. Second your injury; there is no way you can travel as you are. And last you need supplies, someone have to provide you with food and other equipment you need (to get this you need to have someone pm me “I agree to give the traveler whatever he need”). Once you escape you might be able to get help from a nearby town however. A force from there should be strong enough to drive away whatever is threatening the village…
As for whom you are, you are the son of a noble. You grew up at the elvish court not too far from here. That is where you will go for help if needed. You were traveling around the land just to see the world, when this set of unfortunate circumstances happened to you. You got an amulet from your mother for luck before you set out, though it doesn’t seem to have helped a whole lot.

Spoiler cotton farmer :
Cotton Farmer

Personal goal: The sheep farmer must survive
Ability: none
Items: Sword + shield (they give +1 strength each but +3 strength combined)

You grew up here and like your father before you, you are cultivating cotton. The farm is not running itself, and it is hard work, but it is worth it. The cotton is high quality and you are doing well. The Sewmistress can do some wonders with the cotton you give her. She is also quite skilled at her work and some of her clothes are marvelous. Simpler clothing you are able to make by yourself. So you also deal with the Cloth Merchant which is currently staying with the Sewmistress.
Another one who is dealing with cloth in the village is the sheep farmer. She like you grew up in the village. While younger you spent quite some time together and you have only grown closer over the years. It was an unfortunate accident that caused both of your parents to get killed a year back, but it has only brought you closer. You hope to marry her not far into the future. You would have proposed, but you never found a good opportunity to do so, maybe now would be a good time (she can agree by sending me a pm that she agrees to marry you)? If the priest could marry the two of you that would be nice (he also has to send me a pm saying that he agrees to marry the two of you). Obviously you are sure that she is not the killer or doing any other shady thing.
As heirlooms after your father you got a sword and a shield. They seem magical in origin and they glow slightly when you touch them. You have tried practicing with them and they make you immensely better at fighting. Maybe they will allow you to defend against whatever dangers there are out there…

Spoiler sheep farmer :
Sheep farmer

Personal goal: The cotton farmer must survive
Item: An hourglass – you can destroy it to extend the day by 24 hours (the evening update will instead be another midday update)

You grew up here and like your parents before you, you are running a sheep farm. The farm is not running itself, and it is hard work, but it is worth it. The sheep produce high quality wool and you are doing well. The Sewmistress can do some wonders with the wool you give her. She is also quite skilled at her work and some of her clothes are marvelous. Simpler clothing you are able to make by yourself. So you also deal with the Cloth Merchant which is currently staying with the Sewmistress. Other than wool your animals can also be bred for food. The butcher is handling the animals after you decide which ones are to be killed. You are working very well together with her, though she has seemed a bit out of it since her father recently died.
Another one who is dealing with clothes is the cotton farmer. He like you grew up in the village. While younger you spent quite some time together and you have only grown closer over the years. It was an unfortunate accident that caused both of your parents to get killed a year back, but it has only brought you closer. You want nothing more than spend the rest of your life with him. He is a bit thickheaded so he might not realize how much you love him. You would be happy to spend the night with him if he asked (both of you have to send me a pm that you wish to spend the night together).
As an heirloom after your mother you got an hourglass. She told you that if you ever find yourself short of time you can break the glass and you will get more time. Hopefully whatever time it gives you, you will be able to use wisely.

Spoiler horse merchant :
Horse Merchant

Personal goal: All the elves must die
Ability: You can make it seem like there is no day, making people forgetting to wake up and as such skipping a day. You can only do this once every 5 days though.
Items: Drum – needed for ability

You are a horse merchant. The reason you came to this village is simple. There is a girl breeding amazing horses here. She sells some to you and you sell them on to more affluent people. The horses she breeds are good for pretty much anything, some are among the strongest workhorses you can find, while others can race faster than most other animals and yet others are among the best warhorses that can be found. It is unfortunate that you are caught up in these events, but you just have to weather the storm and make the best out of it.
The killings aren’t all unfortunate. There are some people you have nothing to spare for: elves. They are always pretending to be better than humans and they think they know everything. It would be better if they were all dead. Besides they always steal and kill and make life harder for humans. It wouldn’t surprise you if there were some elves that were behind the killings in the village. Even if they aren’t though, odds are they are up to no good. The world would be a much better place if just all the elves in the village got killed. You are sure there are some here.
You don’t have any abilities with helping figuring out who the killers are, but you might be able to speed up the process of exterminating the elves. You’ve picked up some magic over the years. It is middle of the winter, so the day isn’t long to start with, but with the help of your magical drum you will be able to make people stay asleep for longer than they should and as such miss waking up for the day. When they do wake up they will think it is night and just go back to sleep again… This requires you to stay awake 2 full nights and a day so you can’t use it too often (and the day before that as well), you figure you can use it ever 5 days, though you are tired after traveling here so you won’t be able to use it for 2 days at least.
While traveling, you have picked up a thing here or there. You should be stronger than most other people. Hopefully this will help out in some way.

Spoiler mayor's widow :
Mayor’s Widow

Personal goal: Adventurer, Bard, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Clothes Trader, Historian, Horse Merchant, Paladin, Ranger, Tools merchant, Traveler, Wine merchant must die
Items: A small hammer, it is a symbol of the mayor office, after your late husband, it gives double the accusation power and the ability to break any ties.

You are sure of it. One of the travelers killed your husband. The travelers currently visiting are: Adventurer, Bard, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Clothes Trader, Historian, Horse Merchant, Paladin, Ranger, Tools merchant, Traveler, Wine merchant. Even all of them dying would not bring back your husband, but it is a start on revenge. He never harmed anyone and yet he had to die in such a cruel way. There are no words to describe your grief. You don’t have your daughter the fisherwoman to comfort you even, you are all alone.
You and your husband were doing so well running this town and this inn. He was joy himself, always a smile and taking care of everything. Running things without him will be hard, but you have to. You don’t have any other choice. You grew up in this village, the wine farmer and his late wife are your parents and the wheat farmer’s wife is your sister. Most people in this village are good folk, but obviously not all these strangers.
You got the symbol of this village, left after your husband. He always wore it in a chain around his neck. It made people listen to him more, maybe it will have the same effect for you.

Yay, an innocent win! But why did that person have to kill Sepuku after all the work I had done to save him.:mad:

Ah, vengeance is sweet. Even if getting stee lynched *didn't* remove my killer, Pinman. ( :p, because you did great. :) ) Yay innocents!

Why, there were no werewolves (besides Nictel and Sepuku)!
By the way, when I said there were two prophets killed, I meant Winston Hughes.
Pinman killed you, Renata?

i had to get 11 people killed to achive my PG - 11 !!!! :(

I should have told people about kulko being a prophet earlier, though i wasn't sure who to tell or how to go about doing it.

Innocent Win!

Yah, I knew you were guilty Niklas- Chand had scanned CCRunner. So no intention of switching my vote.

It was an absolutely pleasure working with Methos, Morgan, Sepuku, Chand and Catharsis. (And I guess TFA too:p). Congrats to Oyzar for hosting a game with lot of intrigue, its unfortunate so much of it didnt come out.:(

Anyways, I guess I should write an AAR eh? Oyzar has been bugging me about it from the begining.:lol:

Well done innocents!

Shame of my untimely exit; didn't even get to use my ability... :(

Poor Paulus ;_;

This game was crazy as, the most active people I talked to was revealed as bad guys, demons, or outright killed in the first 6 turns. Leadin to a complete insanity when I was talking with pinman.

Ah well. I was screwed the moment I converted TFA, since he seemed to have decided to work against me :run:. After stee and TFA died, I was just trying to survive as long as possible and kill as many as possible just for the fun of it. I knew I was doomed :sad:.

Ah well. I was screwed the moment I converted TFA, since he seemed to have decided to work against me :run:. After stee and TFA died, I was just trying to survive as long as possible and kill as many as possible just for the fun of it. I knew I was doomed :sad:.

:wallbash: Why do I always trust the bad guys :confused: :lol:
@Pinman: Sorry, I should have trusted you more... but my personal goal was pushing me in the other direction :sad:

Thanks for the game Oyzar :goodjob:
Cheers

Innocent Win!

Yah, I knew you were guilty Niklas- Chand had scanned CCRunner. So no intention of switching my vote.

It was an absolutely pleasure working with Methos, Morgan, Sepuku, Chand and Catharsis. (And I guess TFA too:p). Congrats to Oyzar for hosting a game with lot of intrigue, its unfortunate so much of it didnt come out.:(

Anyways, I guess I should write an AAR eh? Oyzar has been bugging me about it from the begining.:lol:

Actually chand had used his ability on Niklas (only problem was that chand had spent most of his mortal life and then some on magic, while niklas had spent most of his immortal life and then some on magic, so it didn't actually work. His ability wasn't actually ever ment to find the demons. Only reason it worked on stee was because Niklas forgot to send a kill).

And finally I can tell you about what almost happened night 1. There had been loads of problems during the day with sepuku as we all know. Come night, morgan wondered if he could do something more than just curing sepuku. He couldn't get rid of the book, but he could use it up. He got the brilliant idea that if he got sepuku to send a pm to partake in his ritual, he could actually sacrefice him. The target to turn into a demon? Himself. Sure enough sepuku sent a pm back saying that he would do whatever it takes. Sadly TheForestAuro changed his target from Frozen in Ice to Sepuku sometime later that night and Sepuku never got to leave his house to be sacreficed. As Pinman was scanning morgan that night, you might imagine his surprise when he expects Sepuku to be cured, but instead find him ritual sacreficed to summon a demon (and yes morgan would lose his curer ability, which would have let the vampires lose on the world).

TFA never decided to work against you. He was actually happy to be a bad guy. Only problem was that stee ran straigth to pinman and told him some of the info that TFA had told him. Not particulary good for the demons... Though TFA killed himself anyways by failing to send in a target (due to getting injured by the amulet, he would die if he didn't send one). And that is all she wrote for the rest of the demons...

Well, according to Pinman, TFA also ran straight to him saying he had been approached by a demon prince but that the amulet kept him from being converted. Wtf?? :lol:

Well, according to Pinman, TFA also ran straight to him saying he had been approached by a demon prince but that the amulet kept him from being converted. Wtf?? :lol:

It was his explanation for what happened that night, since there wasn't any kill. And he said that the amulet saved him from being killed, not converted.

Haha, excellent game Oyzar.
I could have played better, but the Sepuku debacle early in the game stalled me a lot. I didn't know who to turn towards to be converted.
Near the end KingMorgan gave me a glimpse of his book and I thought I finally had a solution, but sadly I didn't convince him to lend it to me.
Then I talked to Nik on MSN and, again, wasn't convincing enough and ended up dead.
Turning out 'non innocent' was a surprise though, but I thought it was extremly funny.

Anyway, congrats to the same old gang : Pinman, Methos and Catharsis.
I wish I could have played better, but I lacked the time.

:goodjob: Oyzar.

Good job Oyzar. It seems that the game balance got slightly messed up from day one, but still a good game.

Congrats Pinman et al. At least I ended up alive at the end of this one...

Morgan told me Sepuku was going to be sacrificed.

My AAR is coming.:)

The Night of Blood- A Pinman AAR:)

My PM:

Spoiler :
Wine farmer

Personal Goal: The old man and the old woman must die.
Ability: Activity scan – each night you can check out if one person is actually sleeping in their room, or if they are out and about doing something else.
Items: Cloak of shadows – Mask you sneaking around at night

You grew up in this small village. You know every in and out of it. At night you don’t sleep much, so you got plenty of time on your hands. With this you have gotten to know the village fairly well. It doesn’t hurt that you have a magical cloak after your father that disguises you in the night. This killing is nasty business. By checking up on if people are really sleeping in their houses at night, you will be able to determine who the killer is.
As you’ve grown older you’ve been sleeping less and less. That have contributed to why you have so much time on your hands. Of course your wife passing away and your daughters, the wheat farmers wife and the late mayor’s wife, moving out doesn’t mean you have less to do. You are among the oldest in the village, only the old man and woman are older. You remember the old woman leaving the village but when you were but a little kid. You are surprised she is still alive. Similar for the old man, he was there when you grew up, but he is still around… Those old people remind you of how old you are. It would be better if they weren’t here…
You learned to make wine from your father. Apparently you are pretty good at it. There is a wine merchant visiting you who are paying extraordinary amounts for what you make. He is visiting to buy some, but he seems to have been caught by the storm and is such is unable to leave.

Day 1

Before the game started up I had a discussion with Renata about my ideal character. I noted that I was sick and tired of playing evil characters, and of deception in general. This was to be a theme throughout this game in general, as I tried to be as honest as possible.

In any event, my ideal character going into this game was a prophet. This would allow me to be in the thick of the innocent problem solving attempts. Thus you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I got my starting PM and discovered that I was a Night Ability prophet.

Another resolution that I made pre-game was to stay more in the background and in general talk less. In our discussion, Renata wondered if this would indeed be possible for me to accomplish. However, this resolution governed my thinking going into the game, and explains me not contacting everyone I could early on. In general, most of the people I spoke to contacted me, not me them.

My first contact in the game came early on from Frozen in Ice- almost an hour after the PMs went out. He and I were having a discussion about his upcoming NoTW, and the subject of this NoTW came up. We didn’t discuss any of our stats, but I told him a bit about my background, This discussion is significant, because Frozen told me about an incident that occurred one day while he was in the forest. He told me that he suddenly heard a scream, and rushing to its source, found the butcher’s father dead and the butcher wounded after an animal attack. Frozen apparently became aroused after the attack and came to love the butcher. I also asked if the butcher’s father was the mayor, but frozen said that he didn’t think so.

Later on, I was to have my first of many discussions with Sepuku. One of the most interesting points in this discussion was that Sepuku denied being present at the scene when his father died. This discussion was before Winston posted, and I was slightly suspicious that the animals had been werewolves, and Sepuku was one of them. I mentioned these suspicions to oyzar at the time. At this stage, Sepuku claimed to have no ability, but did admit to the existence of his Book of Werewolves. He claimed that his character found the book among his father’s possessions, and from the information inside, believed that his father was killed by werewolves. This contributed to my early suspicion of him. Of course, Winston’s later actions rendered this suspicion irrelevant.

Another early contact that I made was sprig. My in character daughter had a lot to say to me about the subject of the mayor’s killer. He indicated that his objective was to kill the person who killed the mayor. It was his claim at this time that there were outsiders in the village, also known as travelers, and that he believed most of the killers came from this group. He also indicated some concern about his estranged daughter Seon. At this stage I really wasn’t sure what to make of sprig’s allegations- in fact, a part of me wondered if it was all a ploy or a mistake, In any event, when he requested my motivation, I lied to him and informed him that it was to protect mythmonster, the wine merchant. Later on during this day, he was to give me a list of all the outsiders in the village. This influenced some of my initial suspicion towards the outsiders, and affected certain decisions later on.

Sprig also showed me his Hammer, but didnt tell me what it did till later on in the night:
Spoiler :

The Mayor's Widow show the Wine Farmer her small hammer. It hangs on a chain around her neck. It is just an ornamental piece and doesn't seem suited to practical use.

After these initial points of interest, I returned later to find that Winston had accused Sepuku of being a wolf. Winston informed me that he was sure Sepuku was a wolf, but unsure if that made him evil.

I immediately spoke to Sepuku. He informed me that he had lied to me earlier about not being a werewolf, and essentially proceeded to spill all. He explained that he had assumed that when Frozen and Winston were described in his PM as friends, that meant that they were on the werewolf team with him. This lead to Winston calling out Sepuku in the thread. He also told me that he could convert one person each night and had mentioned to Winston that he wanted to convert me. Later on in the day, I convinced him to give up the Book of Werewolves and received this description:
Spoiler :

The butcher hands you an old book. It is about werewolves. Obviously you don't have time to read it all at once, but you can gather from quickly searching it that it describes werewolves, how they look like, how they act, and how the curse is transfered. Maybe you will get more out of it as you study it...

This Description lead me to believe that the book would eventually make the owner a werewolf prophet. I dont know how I connected this belief with the fact that Sepuku had it. Of course, I eventually figured out it was a book of lore, that gave me new entrys every day.The existence of the book itself would later lead me to believe that a book of vampires must exist as well, and thus anybody with an item couldn’t be the vampire master.

Hoping to discuss Sepuku, I approached Frozen whose description of an animal attack on Sepuku had now become crystal clear. To my surprise, he noted that KingMorgan claimed to know somebody that could cure Sepuku. I immediately guessed that this person was Morgan himself. Ironically, this was the beginning of a major theme in the game- People lying about the identity of the curer. (Although this was almost always my play)

In any event, I spoke to Morgan with Frozen, and he admitted to being the curer. At this stage, I steadfastly refused to tell either of them about myself, and in turn, Frozen claimed to have an item which he too wouldn’t reveal. Morgan did however show me a Book and gave me some fangled story about it creating holy water. I am ashamed to admit that I totally bought this initial story.

Spoiler :
The Priest shows The Wine Farmer a dark book engraved with runes. The Wine Farmer doesn't seem able to make out the meaning of any of the runes.

I also present a theory to Morgan and Frozen about two lone converters, and a single kill team. This was a story I would also give to Methos, in brief discussions that we would have that day. I also suggested to Methos in these brief discussions that it might be better to kill Sepuku the next day, so as to prove or disprove the existence of a cure. At this time, we did not share any information about ourselves.

Having been assured that Sepuku would be healed, I tried to help him and Frozen devise posts that would help sway people to save Sepuku. This included Frozen’s announcement of a cure in the thread. As for myself, I retained my vote against Sepuku until I thought it was safe, and told people who asked me that I wasn’t sure what to think of Sepuku. This was to be my policy for the next few days.

As for the note that created so much trouble, that was created jointly by myself and Morgan- but sent in by me. It was in a style that I hoped would draw attention to certain players, and thus remove attention from Morgan’s support vote for Sepuku. I also hoped that it might add somewhat to the belief that Sepuku was being cured, given the popular perception that he wouldn’t be able to write it himself. I distinctly recall talking to Ekolite and creating a list of players good enough to have written the list. I seem to recall that he was abit ticked off we had saved Sepuku too. I also spoke to Winston, who refused to give me his list. I had a rather sinking feeling that I was on it.

In the Night, Morgan informed me that his book was evil, and could in fact convert one person into a demon if he could get a sacrifice. He told me that he had managed to get Sepuku to agree. With inital attitude was alarmed- and I informed Morgan that I thought it would be extremely unwise to use the book. Eventually, when pressed, I suggested that if the book were to be used, Mythmonster should become a demon, and be lynched or cured the next night. This was in line with Morgan's strategy to use up the book, thereby preventing it from falling into the wrong hands. My initial skeptisism was later muted, and I actually wanted to use it on myself. This only happened after I reached other conclusions about the role of the demons in the game, which I will detail later. I had no idea that Morgan actually used the book on himself.:p

That night I scanned Morgan, hoping to receive confirmation of the innocence of both Sepuku and Morgan. It was with some surprise that I received this PM in the morning:
Spoiler :

You arrive at the Priests house. There you see the Priest already chanting loudly, he goes on for a while with quite a lot of gestures and words you don't understand.

As you return home you suddenly get knocked over, you feel a sting at your neck. It feels like all life is being drained from you. You feel the world spinning.

The attacked utters some words you don't understand and suddenly you feel something change within you. You grow stronger and you feel like fire is raging through your body, the fire grow hotter and hotter until you pass out.

Your race is now "Vampire" and your Victory condition is "Vampire".

Top Bottom