Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

What I do not seem to understand here is that even though everything is known about me including the ability I had as a werewolf, you still come after me when there seems to be that savage brute around here killing people. You know that this can't be me or that would also be saying that Winston and Frozen both were lying. So why exactly are you focusing on this imaginary tail that I may have while another moves among you sniffing out its next target?
There is proof of a cure...that note that was left for us to find. Are you choosing to believe that that is a lie as well and if you ever become infected by anything else around here that you won't come foward asking for a cure as well?
I am innocent people. I am just as I was before all this started happening. I see now that some among us only supported giving me a chance to hide their voice among the crowd as they were transforming among you. Now, it seems that it may be happening again since what better way to hide for another day then throw all the focus on me once again? So Kulko, Methos, Seon, TheForestAuto, Ekolite which among you has been slaying what is left of my family? You call me evil and say I live a miserable life when at least if I was left with my curse, I wouldn't be slaying those I have grown up around my whole life and yet you have no problems with that. I believe that you had no intention of keeping me alive but just wanted to follow the crowd and you are here doing it again. Why don't you confess your own affliction and come foward to recieve a cure as well?

The Bard raises her voice.

"Hate to be the one to have to point this out, gal, but a mysterious note without a name on it gives no proof. It's got no credibility whatsoever, because we don't know who wrote it. It might well be false information!

What disturbs me though is that you think it is a valid proof, while that note can't hold those claims! Sepuku, even though you say you're cured, you're still hiding something."

"How dare you!" the seamstress cries, outraged. "Were you not revealed to our public attention by attempting to convert others to your affliction? Your claims are absurd! So, we found a note, claiming to have a cure. According to this accusation you have dubiously set forth, words on paper are not capable of lying?"

Pacing forward, anger in her step and an outstretched finger, the seamstress tossed aside her knitting needles and accosted the Butcher.

"I am no more a wolf than you are innocent! The reason I accuse you is because that longer that we let you life, new canine beast, the longer the true monstrosities will hide behind the focus we will all have to pay to you as long as you are alive. Whether or not you were cured you certainly would have claimed it!"

Coming face to face with slitted eyes, the shorter, middle-aged woman looked up fearlessly. "And if you are not cured, which is a very real and terrifying possibility, then by the time that we know it for sure it will be the death of us all. So tell me, Butcher, what lies behind your accusations?"

With a shake of her head, and a turning retreat to her needles, she announced the answer to her own question "A desperate try to get the focus on anyone but you. Why else would you call so many out?"

The historian switches his anguished glare of total coolness from the middle-distance to the Nictel-distance.

Don't place a vote of confidence, please. Not when there are other alternatives available... I don't want to see another day on which no-one gets lynched.

Some people are looking at him in a shocked manner, he notices, after picking himself up from the pile of snow he slipped and fell into again.

ththhhrp... what? I just want the last thing they see as the light dims in their eyes to be a hesitant yet determined mob of simple village folk, and at their helm, me, a smile playing across my slips, delivering a cold-blooded line... that is how to kill a werewolf. That is how a cool person does it.

I think Methos, Catharisis, or Ekolite deserve the stone.
But, if Sepuku was cured, who killed Renata?

Vampires. Or you know, the other wolves.

Enough, let's end today what we should have done yesterday. Sepuku, your presence among us is too big a danger and prevents us from focusing on the real threat.

Indeed, I feel something in the air. Something that wasn't there before. Something that feels like lies from Sepuku.

Hah, you silly people running around in fear almost like your head has been cut off; all you are doing is falling into a trap. I can assure you, not only did the cure work but I witnessed it myself! If the curer wants to annouce who he is he will, but frankly that would be doing just what the killers around here want him to do. The killers are trying to manipulate us villagers by getting us caught up on Sepuku so that we will be spending less time looking for the real killers!

In all seriousness, who is more suited to get the stone than my daughter sprig?
Honey, does this make up for me forgeting your birthday?

As for Sepuku, theres simply no evidence to support her.

Hah, you silly people running around in fear almost like your head has been cut off; all you are doing is falling into a trap. I can assure you, not only did the cure work but I witnessed it myself! If the curer wants to annouce who he is he will, but frankly that would be doing just what the killers around here want him to do. The killers are trying to manipulate us villagers by getting us caught up on Sepuku so that we will be spending less time looking for the real killers!

Why did only you witnessed it? Can you describe what you have seen?

Yet again the butcher attracted a lot of attention. It seemed like it was getting harder for her to not get butchered. Not many people seemed interested in the stone however... The sun almost showed itself at midday when there was a brief pause in the hail, but it started again in minutes. The priest didn't have as noteworthy sermony for the Horse breeder, but there was something else interesting happening. A note was found under the door of the inn. The Mayor's Widow picked it up and read it:

Anonymus said:
To Whom It May Concern:

As promised, last night I personally administered two doses of my Restoration Potion to the butcher.

The potion was stealthily slipped into his decanter of ale, which subtle inquiries assured me he consumes every night prior to bed. I did not consider it prudent to ask him to consume the liquid voluntarily.

The results of my observations are documented in my journal:

I observed the subject pacing in his room. He appeared agitated, no doubt nervous for my expected arrival. Suddenly, the subject’s face assumed a calm, blissful expression, and he collapsed onto the floor. I do not believe that my potion could have caused this effect.

While knocked out, the subject began squirming, his prior calm being replaced with a look of absolute agony. The subject’s body writhed on the ground, as if his unconscious state was being subjected to extreme discomfort. It was in the middle of these violent movements that the subject assumed a werewolf form.

The werewolf emitted a terrible shriek of agony, as if its whole body was being consumed by terrible fire. Its movements became more furious, with its torso shaking and shivering to a degree that I cannot even begin to describe. Finally, after what I can only imagine were ages of pain, the subject’s movements began to stabilize.

Once the movements had stopped, I waited cautiously for a sign that the cure had been effective. It had only been a short while, when suddenly the subject’s body became consumed in what I must describe as the brightest light I have ever witnessed. To protect my eyes, I averted my gaze, and when I looked back, the subject had resumed a human form with his prior calm expression. He emitted a final mournful wail, and became still.

I observed the sleeping subject for a while longer, but no other noteworthy events occurred.

Based on these observations, I conclude that Sepuku has been successfully converted into a normal human. The bright light which blinded me was no doubt a side effect of my potion removing the curse of lycanthropy from him. It would therefore be extremely unwise to lynch him at this stage.

Sincerely Yours,

A Friend

Accusations:
Sepuku - Kulko, Ekolite, Seon, Methos, TheForestAuro, Paulus, Izipo, mythmonster2, J-man,
thomas.berubeg - sprig
Niklas - Catharsis

Votes of confidence:
Sepuku - Nictel, Frozen In Ice

Stone:
Ekolite - Ekolite
Catharsis - Izipo
sprig - sprig, Pinman

"False. Obviously false. Whoever this person is, whenever he's making something up he should check his facts. Why else constantly refer to the butcher as a he, while the butcher is in fact a she?"

The bard turns to the other villagers. "I'm sorry for nitpicking, but I think if the ritual had actually been performed then our anonymous 'friend' would've gotten the details right!"

I think that Frozen in Ice's nonstop protection of Sepuku is troubling. He is definitely on the enemy's side. After all, Sepuku was cured, there's no use going after her.

Paulus, I think that it was a mistake referring to the butcher as a he. In fact, I was woken up in the middle of the night by a shriek. I didn't know what it was, and after that, I saw a great light. An orb emerged from Sepuku's house! If this person made this up, they must have gone out of their way to make it seem real.

The wheat farmer''s daughter jumps into her father's arms.

Sepuku, you have killed again!

"So we have 2 to possibly 3 people claiming that Sepuku's innocent," the fisherwomen said. She threw up her arms and shrugged. "I don't know anything, just go ahead and do whatever you want"

The Widow looks at the Wheat farmer’s daughter, and resists the urge to slap her on the head. ‘Thick as pig-**** that one' She thinks to herself. My sister surely disgraced herself producing that child, poor Izipo, I hope the next one is a boy at least, so that it maybe of some help to the family and farm.
"z4ckdabeast you silly child, Sepuku would have never killed your uncle. And being watched last night means she can’t have killed Renata."

The Widow looks at the Wheat farmer’s daughter, and resists the urge to slap her on the head. ‘Thick as pig-**** that one' She thinks to herself. My sister surely disgraced herself producing that child, poor Izipo, I hope the next one is a boy at least, so that it maybe of some help to the family and farm.
"z4ckdabeast you silly child, Sepuku would have never killed your uncle. And being watched last night means she can’t have killed Renata."
WTF are you talking about?? :confused:

Yesterday Tolis told both the horse breeder and myself that he was an innocent demon and I find it odd that last night she was killed. I also find it odd that he came to me in the first place and stated what he was. I know he told me this in confidence, but due to Renata's death last night I fear I am next and I fear she died because of this knowledge. I am so confident that I am willing to put my own life at risk to prove it. How can we trust the demon, Tolis.

OOC: Actually, we have an anonymous person "Claiming" to have watched Sepuku. And Frozen in Ice isn't really being considered right now, as he will do anything to protect his buddy. The green glow can be anything, ranging from a trick in one's mind to a prophet, in which case I would believe that Sepuku is guilty, as no one's attempting to save her.

Edit: IC: An Innocent demon? Nonsense. Tolis, prepare to be impaled by our nice paladin here.

Top Bottom