Night of the Werewolves XXVII: Night of Blood

Demons, eh? and she seemed likes such some supa fine honky chick, our breeda' dun did. TOLIS to die

Well, Tolis, what is a demon doing in this fair village?

"Oh yes, that's the best strategy in the world, guys!" the sewmistress sighed, throwing her hands up in the air in exasperation "Tell two people you're a demon, then, kill one of them."

The sewmistress points at Sepuku again. "Whether or not this is a ploy, it seems rampantly obvious that Sepuku is evil, whereas Tolis is only possibly evil."

The cow farmer moves out in front of the group again. "Fellow citizens, another demon has come to me claiming to be innocent as well and after much discussion, I have come to an agreement with them. For now I will withdraw my accusation of Tolis and will instead go back to my original decision of Sepuku. I apologize for my withdrawn accusation, but it appears there is more going on here then what we thought."

Sigh...

Innocent demons. Innocent wolves. What else? Innocent vampires? Innocent psycho killer? Could you, Methos or Tolis, reveal the reason of which they claim that they are innocent?

This is rediculous. I am in full agreement with Seon. Perhaps Sepuku has been cured of lycanthropy. Perhaps not. But what I do know is that a demon is a demon, and there is no cure for that! If Tolis is truely a demon than it should trouble our village no more. And if Tolis turns out not to be a demon, well we know who was feeding us lies then.

"How dare you!" the seamstress cries, outraged. "Were you not revealed to our public attention by attempting to convert others to your affliction? Your claims are absurd! So, we found a note, claiming to have a cure. According to this accusation you have dubiously set forth, words on paper are not capable of lying?"

Pacing forward, anger in her step and an outstretched finger, the seamstress tossed aside her knitting needles and accosted the Butcher.

"I am no more a wolf than you are innocent! The reason I accuse you is because that longer that we let you life, new canine beast, the longer the true monstrosities will hide behind the focus we will all have to pay to you as long as you are alive. Whether or not you were cured you certainly would have claimed it!"

Coming face to face with slitted eyes, the shorter, middle-aged woman looked up fearlessly. "And if you are not cured, which is a very real and terrifying possibility, then by the time that we know it for sure it will be the death of us all. So tell me, Butcher, what lies behind your accusations?"

With a shake of her head, and a turning retreat to her needles, she announced the answer to her own question "A desperate try to get the focus on anyone but you. Why else would you call so many out?"

I put my faith in the people of this village to give me a night to have this affliction cured. I thankyou for giving me that however demanding proof that only my death can give you is absurd and a waste of time. You should have hung me last night when I was a wolf instead of missing a chance to catch a real killer. However, now when I am innocent you seem intent to waste this night in killing an innocent as I am now. I can say nothing to sway your mind nor your illogical reasoning. I understand that for all you know I could be lying and am still a wolf, however you basing your accusation on me not being able to give you "solid proof" is stupid. So yes, I had to point the finger at all of you who hide behind petty and stupid reasoning such as this. "I see no proof" is a dumb reason. Let me ask you this, what were you expecting exaclty? A sign from god to appear with the words "The butcher is no longer a beast" or would that count as a note with no name in order to protect the writer of such note?
As for calling so many out, I only did so to perhaps put your mind on the track of finding a killer hidden among you instead of focusing on an innocent. Obviously your mind contiunes to reject logic and will only be satasified when it has proven it's stupidity to everybody once you get your goal, my death and nothing happens. No transformation, no giant fight, nothing except the blood of an innocent upon your hands. When that happens, I hope you learn the lesson of using your brain before opening your mouth and vomiting nonsense.

Sorry Methos, but your story does miss something. Why would Tolis tell you this, when it meant that he would need to kill yo immediately?

PS: oops missed to update a page, and therefore didn't read Methos second post.

Methos You tried to attack me last night, and now accuse me of being a demon. I wonder what your motivation is for trying to kill me so badly. Demon? Hah. All i know is that methos broke into my farm, and broke a window, which woke me, and i managed to fight him off. I could ID him by the firelight. You first killed off Renata simply becuase she knew the truth about you, and tried to kill me b/c i figured it out. And now you are trying to pin me as a demon. You must be the real demon here.

(OCC: Ozyar isnt on msn so i couldnt confirm to see if he would confirm the broken window and the dagger left at my place, space reserved)

Feed your lies again and again. Truely, i would come up to you and out of the blue, and admit that i am evil. Im sorry, does it say "deathwish" on my forehead? And who ever believes in the "innocent evil" (OCC: Worst EVER NOTW play), not only once, but twice. Either you sir, are delusional, or just extremely bad at lying. Next time, why dont you try to tell us that in fact there are no murders, they are all suicides. What do you think we are, idiots? Anyone who beleives you Methos, well i have some prime swampland for sale if you are intersted.

The adventuress looks sceptical.
"The only good demon is a dead demon. I also not believe that the cow farmer would make up such a lie. If upon death you are not a demon Tolis than that would sign his death warrant. It will also confirm if the demons are in fact 'innocent'... HA!"

Wow, just wow. Day two of the crisis and everyone is going crazy.
Tell you what, at this rate we won't need demons, vampires or wolves to eradicate this village. Paranoia will do the job just fine.

The cow farmer moves out in front of the group again. "Fellow citizens, another demon has come to me claiming to be innocent as well and after much discussion, I have come to an agreement with them. For now I will withdraw my accusation of Tolis and will instead go back to my original decision of Sepuku. I apologize for my withdrawn accusation, but it appears there is more going on here then what we thought."

What kind of agreement might that be? It seems as if the demon has sold you out! Not very suprising for a demon though.
What little light there is, is begining to fade. The Mayors widow looks up at the darkening sky, there is not much time left before she has to prepare the meals for those travellers staying in her care at the inn.
"Fellow villages, it seems we are surrounded by evil and we must do something about these evil beings. It seems we will only have a chance to bring one suspected evil being to the test before the night closes in. I can not force you to act one way or another but i feel it is my duty to lay out those choices to you."
The Widow takes a deep breath
"Obviously, there is Sepuku, who some claim still is a wolf and is trying to deceive us, Tolis who as Methos believes is a Demon and lastly Methos who as Tolis counterclaims, tried to break into his house."
"If you would want my opinion, there is very little reason to spare sepuku one night then kill her the next. Surely there is someone who can test her for wolf like symtoms? It would be more logical to test Tolis. If he is a evil demon then methos can lead us to next one. If not then, Methos has some questions to answer. "
And with the the Widow departs back to the inn to prepare for the nights meal.

The historian scowls at the mayor's widow.

I don't appreciate being upstaged, sprig, but your reasoning seems sound to me. Now I honestly don't know why you won't even consider accusing Niklas, since we all know {OOC: from the opening story} that there is no smith in this village and yet Niklas claims to be a blacksmith. But maybe it will take a bit longer to make you all see the light. That's fine: I can wait.

For now, let us roast the demon, Tolis. Now I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting... oh, that little stone. Well, I don't want it. I'm not a geologist! I worked hard at university, not like that bunch of stoners. Give it to sprig, maybe it'll stop her bawling at every single death.

Demons don't escape from the vaults of the Fallen unless the Fallen Gods want them to, that's what I always heard. So either, we're actually in the Vault of Esus right now, (which I admit has some appeal as a theory, after all, we're engulfed in lies, deceit, and distrust) or there are no good demons here. I say the widow speaks well, we should destroy Tolis, and if he's innocent, Methos will have some serious explaining to do. As for the stone, it belonged to a horse breeder, so my guess is it has some magical horse-related power, so give it to thomas.berubeg the horse merchant.

Sepuku that letter is no proof that there is a cure, there are a whole raneg of people who could have written it, and, whether it is likely or not, we need to rule out the possibility that this is all a sham and that there is no cure. The only way we can do this is to kill you.

EDIT: In case the general public has forgotten again, if the cure is a sham then Sepuku has already converted a strong innocent player to his side, and will covert another tonight. We need to kill him tonight to stop the possibility of this happening. We can kill the demon tomorrow.

Top Bottom