1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Night of the Werewolves XXVIII Game Thread

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Diamondeye, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

Your time is up Chandrasekhar.

2. Sepuku

Sepuku Prince

Very well, I will take the Ancient Bone Knife and Snake Fang Necklace.
    I do not know where Chandrasekhar has gone this game, perhaps he can come foward from the shadows?

3. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Sepuku may have the items.

4. hell_hound

hell_hound Prince

Time to break you silence Chandrasekhar

Sepuku can have the items

5. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

"Silence? It was I who led the charge against the Illian assassin amongst us yesterday. This last-minute bandwagon has surely been set into motion by some central plotter among you.

"So be it. Watch your companions carefully once I am gone, archmagi, lest you be manipulated into doing their work for them. You should not fear mind-altering magics, for you have given up your individual will freely."

6. choxorn

That was me, not you.

7. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Night Falls

Day 5

It was as if the entire delegation was in the same mind this day. They all agreed univocally on the decisions that needed their attention today.

This was good for Sepuku, the Master of Elements, who had the two items handed to him. And it was bad for the Mind Archmage, Chandrasekhar. Very bad.

In fact, it was so bad that when the delegation stopped for the night, the Tower of Alteration now visible on the horizon, they almost immidiately gathered around him, craving his blood. They were about to attack when Chandrasekhar spoke.

"Stop! You are doing a mistake!"
    Several of the Archmages were surprised to find themselves halting, allowing the mage to continue his speech.
    "Don't you see? The pesky Alterationist are only performing this ritual to win power for themselves! And since the three Archmages are dead and buried, who do you think is behind this? Behind the killings? I'll tell you: Cultuum! It was a mistake to kill Seon yesterday, he could have done what we need to! He could have stopped Cultuum from this sick play with the world we know!"
    Some of the Archmages were lowering their arms, wanting to hear the Archmage at least speak out.
    "I can tell you truthfully that I haven't killed anyone here. But I know who has. ZPV the Death Archmage is the killer that you are looking for!"
    They turned to look at ZPV. He had been completely silent for four or five days, and most of them had almost forgot he existed. No one was to blame them, though, the Death Archmage looked like he could fall dead any minute, so worn out was he. He looked at them, silently. "I... don't know what he is talking about. My powers haven't been nearly as powerful since... Since he joined the delegation! Chandrasekhar has been using me! Abusing my powers over death itself!"

The gazes darted back to Chandrasekhar. "He is obivously lyi-" Chandrasekhar was interrupted mid-sentence by the fist of the Law Archmage connecting with his lower jaw. Soon, the others had dealt with the Mind Archmage, and it became obvious that...
    Spoiler :
    Chandrasekhar was trying to stop the Ritual!

Another threat thus eradicated, the mages went to sleep, their journey almost done.

It is now night!
    Morning comes in 48 hours!
    Until then, public posting is CLOSED!
    Night people, send me your PMs!

Spoiler Accusations Tally :

Winston Hughes: Chandrasekhar
    Oyzar: Chandrasekhar
    Backwards Logic: Chandrasekhar
    TheForestAuro: Chandrasekhar
    Civplayah: Chandrasekhar
    Frozen In Ice: Chandrasekhar
    Sepuku: Chandrasekhar
    Hell_Hound: Chandrasekhar
    Stoneskin: TheForestAuro

Tally:
    Chandrasekhar: 8

TheForestAuro: -1

Spoiler Snake Fang Necklace Tally :

TheForestAuro: Sepuku
    Sepuku: Sepuku
    Choxorn: Sepuku
    Hell_Hound: Sepuku

Sepuku: 4

Spoiler Ancient Bone Knife Tally :

TheForestAuro: Sepuku
    Sepuku: Sepuku
    Choxorn: Sepuku
    Hell_Hound: Sepuku

Sepuku: 4

8. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Morning Comes

Day 6

The delegation was overjoyed that they had managed to root out the person behind the killings, and woke up with an expectation of leaving in full numbers towards the Tower, which was not far away now. They were so eager, in fact, that they nearly forgot to actually check if they were all there. Which would have been a mistake, because they were missing one.

As they hurried to check up on the missing person, Choxorn, the Metamagic Archmage, they found him trying to crawl out of his tent. His skin was grey and flaking, and black flames were gnawing away at his hair and eyes. He wailed a weak, agonized cry and fell to the ground. The delegation studied the body swiftly, before it burnt completely away, leaving the Tear of Agares where he had lain, and it became clear that:
    Spoiler :
    Choxorn was innocent!

This stark surprise having brought their mood a notch down, the delegation set out towards the Tower of Alteration to get the job over with. Apart from the Tear of Agares, they had found a Sapphire Crown on Chandrasekhar, and a Eagle Feather's Pendant on Choxorn.

It is now Day!
    Night comes in 48 hours!
    Until then, public posting is OPEN!
    PMs will be out once I've eaten :D

EDIT: Vote colours:
    Sapphire Crown, Accusations, Supports, Tear of Agares and Eagle Feather's Pendant

9. hell_hound

hell_hound Prince

ZPV your time is up

10. TheForestAuro

TheForestAuro Whisper in the Trees

"Hmm. Unfortunate. However, I (TheForestAuro) will take the Tear back."

Shifting his attention away from the dead archmage, he reaffirmed hell_hound. "ZPV"

11. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

TfA, why should we give it back to you, who have struck down one of our innocent colleagues? I say we give it to our master Sepuku, who said he knew of another, more benign purpose for it. Hell_hound, what leads you to suspect Zpv?

12. hell_hound

hell_hound Prince

I have damning evidence connecting ZPV to Chandraeskhar, which I have explained to two or three people who will back me up.

13. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

Eh, why not? ZPV.

On another note, I am strongly against Sepuku monopolizing the items! At the end of the road, he might kill us all!

14. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

I would like to give the Tear of Agares to oyzar.

15. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

I (oyzar) would like the tears. Oh and ZPV probably isn't innocent. Not sure there are any other killers out there.

16. choxorn

Damn it, I died in this game and ATPG's mafia game on the same day? Damn it. :mad:

17. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

I have to agree that the evidence seems to be pointing to the possibility that ZPV might not be innocent. Oyzar can have the Tear of Agares.

18. Sepuku

Sepuku Prince

Hmm I believe that by now I have only proven to have given a reason for the traitors to fear me have I not?
    Perhaps you would like to speak a little more about this in private? I know I would, it seems that for some reason, killing two traitors of different agendas is not enough to sate your suspecions Shadow Mage, or are you just afraid of me?

Either way, I would like to examine the Sapphire Crown.
    I also support TheForestAuro getting the Tear back.

19. Krill

Krill Deity

OOC: ZPV has been missing in action for the past 2.5 weeks iirc, and no one has heard hide nor hair of him.

20. Love

Love Deity

Teh aliens!!!!