Night of the Werewolves XXVIII Sign up Thread

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
Everybody wants to change the world​
An experimental NotW
Sign-up Thread

"From the north, the hordes of Doviello beastmen are assaulting the Amurites with renewed strength, under the White Hand of the Illians. Already, many Amurite soldiers have died protecting the villages and cities of the north, as well as the Letum Frigus, the place where the God of Winter was slain by the hand of the father of the Amurites.

From the south, the raging hordes of Orcs under the banners of the Clan of Embers are raiding Amurite lands, leaving empty and smoking caravans and villages strewn with bodies in their wake. The Amurites are between a rock and a hard place, and their former arrogance has caused a disturbing lack of allies. Allies that could be necessary now, in dire times.

It is in this time of need that I, Magister Cultuum, by your own hand made Master of the Tower of Alteration, present you - and the entire nation of Amurites - with an option to correct all this. As I am sure you know, I have for the past many years been working on one of the largest Alteration rituals ever undertaken. I intend to change the world; shape it by pure magical force.

But I alone cannot complete this task. I need the best Archmages that the nation has ever produced, as well as a series of magical reagents in their possession.

What I ask of you, Caswellawn, is to gather a small delegation with our Archmages, the best mages in all of Erebus, and send them to me in the Tower of Alteration. We might be able to save the Amurites from destruction.

Time is of the essence. Do not hesitate.

Signed,
Magister Cultuum,
Master of Alteration."

The Caswellawn frowned after having read the letter once again. He had looked carefully at the seal. It had been almost perfectly restored after Valledia's spies had opened it, but Dain knew of Cultuum's perfectionism, and the seal had had flaws. He would have to play with open cards. She was waiting just outside the door. He signaled to the guard, who opened it and let the Spymistress enter.

There was no time for phrases or polite playing with the truth. They both knew that this was the best chance they had of turning the tide in the unfortunate war which Cultuum had so accurately described in the first lines. The decision was easily made, and word was sent far and wide in the Amurite empire to gather the small delegation that would enable the ambitious ritual.

That delegation is you! Sign-ups for this game are now open. It is preferred, but not necessary, that you have some pre-knowledge of NotW games. Note that the game is not completely done yet, so you may be in for a short wait even after the slots are filled.

Sign-Ups:
1: Renata
2: J-Man
3: PaulusIII
4: TheForestAuro
5: Frozen In Ice
6: Chandrasekhar
7: KingMorgan
8: Seon
9: ZPV
10: Nictel
11: Civplayah
12: Methos
13: Oyzar
14: CCRunner
15: Backwards Logic
16: Sprig
17: Stuck In Pi
18: Winston Hughes
19: Autolycus
20: Choxorn
21: AskthePizzaGuy
22: Love
23: Sepuku
24: Krill
25: Hell_Hound (reserve)
26: Zombie Monkey (reserve)
27: Izipo (reserve)​

Now, of course, there is a reason that this game is labeled experimental. Some mechanics will work differently than in the standard NotW, others will be the same. There will still be a normal day/night cycle, and there will still be accusation and execution (see the passage by Niklas often quoted regarding the 'natural selection' in these situations; it can be found in many of the earlier games' original posts, and if I recall correctly, also in Backwards Logic's NotW thread). The character PMs will contain...

Character title - the title you hold. This title is public and most of the players will hold the role of one of the eighteen archmages.
Victory condition - Your goals for winning the game. The innocent victory condition is...
Diamondeye said:
Ritual of Alteration: Reach Magister Cultuum in order to perform the ritual.
Item - everyone has one. Many items have an effect, either passive or activated. The eighteen items carried by the archmages are the reagents for the ritual, or other miscellaneous reagents. While a few of these have an effect, their primary use, apart from the ritual at the end of the game, is the part they play in recipes - see below.
Ability - most people have one. They can be passive or activated. I won't give any examples here.
Recipes - perhaps the most experimental part of the NotW, some characters have a recipe which will allow them to combine several of the reagent items in the game. Combining reagents that are necessary for the ritual at the end of the game will not render them useless in the ritual. Combined items are often very powerful, and require three or four of the eighteen reagents in the game. Only the character with the recipe can forge the item - you cannot teach others these recipes.
Strength - determined in numbers (1,2, etc.), this defines the capabilities of your character in combat.
Motivation - Your character's personal motivation, normally also known as a personal goal. It is hugely appreciated that people consider these goals and not only think of winning.
Background - a glimpse of your character's past and personality. Hints as to the motives behind your character's participation. Again, roleplaying with hold in this is appreciated alot!
Of course, as you can figure out, rooting out the "evil" magic schools because they are "evil" in the normal game will not buy you an easy victory (and indeed might buy you a nasty surprise). Don't trust anyone.

Sign-ups are now open!

I can't not sign up, I just can't, even though I shouldn't. This sounds awesome. IN!

I of course, cannot sign up- both because Ive seen the PMs and I wont be here to play this.

But im sure itll be good- Have Fun.

In for the bloody kill. Hey, do you think we should invite MC for this game? :D

In vcl :)

Indecent killings.

Oh, and

Curses. Ritual is a major part of my NotW too :mad:

I'm in.

in in

Top Bottom