1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Night of the Werewolves XXXI (Sign-Up Thread)

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by TheForestAuro, Jan 19, 2010.

1. TheForestAuro

TheForestAuro Whisper in the Trees

Introduction:
    Welcome to NotW XXXI. This is the sign up thread. I have been working on this game for some time now, so don't sign up if you think you might find yourself too bored to participate. Inactivity makes games frustrating, and it picks apart the balancing I've done during the design process by effectively eliminating your role.

Now then, where were we?

NIGHT OF THE WEREWOLVES XXXI: It's a Long Story

The Undercouncil met, and decisions were made. Coin was exchanged, and deals were forged - or perhaps, broken. But today, talk of trade and profit had ground to a halt. This council's speaker had delivered the warning to all of them, but they had not listened. His words still rang in their ears.
    He spoke of inflitrators in our midst, and of impending disaster for our council. But most had taken his words respectfully, instead of seriously. His turn was up; matters shifted to trade and subterfuge.

That's when I struck. The old man, bathed in blue and black, had no idea what was to come, and of the irony of his words. They would know it had been one of them, but the Undercouncil was a society built on mistrust, and their own lies would keep them apart.

And I would take them, one by one.

Setting:

NOTW XXXI takes place in a secret location, shadowed to the eyes of regular men and bathed in the most powerful misdirection magic known to men. It is a place of deception, and of profit. It is the Undercouncil itself.

Each of you will play an emissary to the Undercouncil. I have taken a few creative liberties with the plot of FFH, which is also based largely in my own ignorance of the canon, so if things don't quite stack up, then I encourage you to pretend they do.

Rules
    DAY/NIGHT CYCLE

The game will split into three segments: Evening, Night, and Day. Each of these segments takes roughly 24 hours to complete, although real-life circumstances may force me to extend some periods during the duration of the game. Likewise, there are certain powerful magics that can alter the peroids of time.

IMPORTANT: There will be abilities that can shorten the amount of time a given period may take. These will be rare, but I am warning you now before the grumbling begins.

VOTING
    During the Evening and Night, conversation, votes, and accusations may be made. This is when the thread will be open for discussion.

ACCUSATION VOTES must be bolded in black.
    VOTE RETRACTIONS must be struck through.

In order to be lynched cleanly, a player must have more accusations against her than her total strength. If this condition is not met, the lynchmob may suffer negative effects or even fail to lynch the victim.

SUPPORT VOTES must be bolded, and the color green. Support votes do not reduce the total accusations against the character, but they do add one strength to the character for the purposes of a clean lynch.

PERSONAL GOALS
    Every single character has a personal goal. These are considered to be the number one priority of your character. When you have completed your personal goal, you will gain an ability or bonus of some kind.

ABILITIES
    Every single character has an ability. Each one will be described in your character PM.

ITEMS AND WEALTH(Partially borrowed from Frozen in Ice)
    There are quite a few items in this game. Some have specific functions while others only serve a story role. Every character has a number of gold pieces, as well. This gold is incredibly important for several abilities, and can be generated by several means. Furthermore, there will be ways for any character to spend gold, which will be detailed within the game itself and should change from night to night.

When a player dies, any items or gold that player had will be revealed and put up for vote the following morning. A player may publicly reveal their item at any time and have it confirmed by the GM, but it will then be put up for vote the following morning. Make sure you’re ok with the possibility that you’ll lose the item before you publically reveal it.

A player may also show their item privately with another player; in that case, the player being shown the item will receive a private message containing a very brief description of the item. You can give an item to another player as well, as long they agree to it. Transfers will occur during updates, and will take priority over any abilities they may interfere with.

Many Items increase strength. Any item that does will occupy a slot. There are many slots, and several items have a slot unique to their own, and only one item may be equipped to any given slot at a time.

2. TheForestAuro

TheForestAuro Whisper in the Trees

There are 30 slots total open. If I get a massive request for more slots (seems unlikely) I will write them in, but otherwise anyone after 30 will be placed in the reserves.

1. Autolycus
    2. Methos
    3. sprig
    4. tuxedohamm
    5. CCRunner
    6. Backwards Logic
    7. Love
    8. Winston Hughes
    9. Niklas
    10. Diamondeye
    11. Beefy187
    12. TheLastOne36
    13. J-man
    14. Nictel
    15. Bad Player
    16. Krill
    17. Renata
    18. Stuck in Pi
    19. CivGeneral
    20. civplayah
    21. choxorn
    22. johnhughthom
    23. j65536d
    24. Seon
    25. z4ckdabeast
    26. [IMP]Warman8888
    27. Omega124
    28. Disquisition
    29. Earthling
    30. Csargo

RESERVE SLOTS
    1. askthepizzaguy

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Sounds like a nest of deception and intrigue, this Undercouncil.

4. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

5. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

6. tuxedohamm

tuxedohamm Disguised as crow.

I've not done this in quite a while, but I'm intrigued and shall join!

7. CCRunner

CCRunner Deity

I'm IN

8. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Emperor Palpatine

Signing up as always.

9. Love

Love Deity

Sure whatever.

10. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

Looking forward to it.

11. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

Alright - in.

12. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Innage.

And welcome back, Niklas. where've you been?

13. Beefy187

Beefy187 Prince

Allow me IN
    This game is very interesting, and I wish to play more so I can fully understand the game.

14. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

in

tencharacters

15. J-man

J-man Deity

I'm IN.

16. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

in it to win it.

Time to revenge the Undercouncil's assassin!

17. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

Bring it!

18. Krill

Krill Deity

In for the Kill!

19. Renata

Renata homicidal jungle cat GOTM Staff

Ahhhhhh!!!!!

:run:

Welcome back, stranger. You've been missed.

Also, in.

20. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

Stylistic point. If I cast a new accusation vote, do you want me to also include a retraction of the old one as well, or is the creation of a new vote sufficient?