1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] NMH VP(43-CIV & EUI) + more mods!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by NikMuazHakim, Feb 25, 2017.

1. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

I'm not so sure anymore

2. xForcer

xForcer Chieftain

Just did some digging. It's not your mod. It's Civ 5, as a whole.

Just search "civ 5 multiplayer crashing" and you'll get results as mine.

I can most certainly play your mod in single player just fine and that proves your mod is fine

I found these "solutions" for crashes

1. Clearing cache regularly
    2. Make a clean install. Delete anything related to Civ 5 and install again
    3. Set autosave to something big like 999
    4. Reduce textures to low or even use something GXTZ TEXTURES

Also I read that big number of players/AI cause these problems.

NikMuazHakim likes this.
  3. xForcer

xForcer Chieftain

Hey Nik, why did you remove Barbarians Evolved?

4. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

I was testing a lag that occured in multiplayer when I played. IllI release a new one soon

dirkduplooy and xForcer like this.
  5. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

v30 of MUCfVP is ready. I hope it is not buggy. We tried to solve all issues we found. Soon we will start new forum thread for our modmod with descriptions of UCs on 1st page download link and fresh start.

6. adan_eslavo

Official release of the mod we all awaited. MUCfVP v30.4. Enjoy.
    Do you plan make last offical release soon? You could update some mods including that one.

7. Winn

Winn Chieftain

is this modpack dead?

8. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

I'm not surprised you see it that way but no, it isn't. Just compiling some and remodeling some mods to be compatible with one another!

ThirstQuencher and adan_eslavo like this.
  9. Auramagma

Auramagma Chieftain

Hi Nik,
    First, thank you for the modpack. It contains exactly what I wanted, i.e. Serp's pack with Community Patch.
    Noticed one bug, It seems that I can't make Single Player quick movement tick to work. It works for the first move after being selected, but then some other mod I think cancels it. It is a bit annoying...

Fixed this. For those who interested, the problem is with QMMOD. It turns off quick movements for the player regardless of whether quick moves for single player are selected in options or not. I didn't want to rebuild the modpack, so, I simply edited the TurnProcessing.lua file in the mod. On line 22 change false to true: table.insert(options, { "GAMEOPTION_QUICK_MOVEMENT", false }); in text editor, then save. It will effectively disable the mod, but now I can have quick movement working without it being reverted to slow movement every turn. Hope that helps...

BTW, this mod pack works with Community Events and Events and Decisions for CBP. Loading saves will crash the game if you don't clear cache, but if you clear it, it works fine.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    NikMuazHakim likes this.
  10. Enchanteur

Enchanteur Warlord

Hi, I'm playing civ5 again right now. I always use your modpack as well as the superpower one.
    I have a few comments about your modpack.

OPTIMIZATION
    There is a huge optimization concern. I did a test on a huge map, and the ends of the tour are very, very long, abnormally long. It takes two to three minutes, while under the same conditions, it takes less than 10 seconds for superpower.
    I noticed that when the game checked the "turn of the barbarians", it took as long as all the other civilizations combined.
    There are one or more mods in your pack that cause an incredible slowdown. I think it would be in your interest to remove these elements.

CONFUSION
    In the modpack, there are gameplay elements that I find terribly heavy and useless.
    It is about the mechanics of happiness.
    Instead of having a simple system, and especially one that conforms to the description and texts indicated everywhere, it is a system that is complex for nothing.
    Happiness is subdivided into several categories, with complicated percentage thresholds, so that we have no real idea of what is happening or what to do.
    Maybe the idea is interesting, and having happiness based on safety, boredom or whatever is fun, but the way it has been recounted here is prohibitive.

I would like to remove the mod that creates this from the pack, but I have no idea how to do it. How do you make a modpack like that? And how to make a "false DLC"?

Finally, I'll need your help. I love the "2 units per tile" system in your pack. I would like to have this mod individually, so that I can use it in other conditions. But I didn't find this mod anywhere else. All the versions I've found have a problem. Either they bug or they don't have the ergonomic interface system. How to get this mod?

Thanks and cheers.

11. TrueeDJ

TrueeDJ Chieftain

Love the mod and i was jsut wondering if adding any mods to this is possible? I tried adding new civ mods to the game but nothing seems to work only the mod

12. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

Related to this >
    I've used @Auramagma 's advice that works great on optimizing the speed! Plus I'm using LUAJIT I supposed. I'm still waiting for the 2.1beta LUAJIT to be compiled haha.

That may come from VP's mods. I have no clue too to be honest with you. But what I understand is the UI that you don't need to hover for good info is only happiness one :O

Easy you only have to download and follow the guides in here. If you're using windows 10 you don't have to close down security for compiling your modpack!

I've combined it in one mod file called Global- UP, Whowards is the modder you're looking for for the UI marvel.

13. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

I'm currently cleaning and updating all the previous mods I've used for NMH as it has not been updated for a looong time. @adan_eslavo and his team made awesome mods that I feel is absolutely necessary for an amazing VP playthrough nowadays. Everything in regards to to optimization is going to be addressed in the upcoming update. Either way, I will no longer incorporate mods enhancers for barbarians and City states as their only purpose is to aid players in the game and I still recommend using LUAJIT for people with low end computers / toasters. I'm using low settings on a gaming laptop for max performance if you're wondering. I'll share my gameplay for the new modpack soon. More job need to be done coz a new beta was just released on Tuesday!

14. adan_eslavo

This is my current mod list:
    upload_2020-4-12_13-22-5.png

If it is not a problem for you, could you create a modpack for me? I will update today Wonder Planner to v8 and maybe More Wonders to v0.6.2. I would also wait for Diplomacy Update for VP. If you need some mods tell me. I post also my personal packs.

Custom Mod Options contains:
    • Global Overseas CS Territory
    • Religious Settlers
    • Local Generals
    • 2 UPT
    • Faith Purchases in Puppets.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    NikMuazHakim likes this.
  15. Enchanteur

Enchanteur Warlord

Hi @NikMuazHakim,
    It's nice that you're still here!
    Civ 5 is so good.
    I still can't play Civ 6!
    Meanwhile, I've been playing with Serp's modpack!
    It's perfect because there are no bugs.
    On the other hand, it is impossible to add civilizations.
    I also played Vox Populi, and I made my own modpack on it, but not a DLC modpack.
    I really like Vox Populi on many points: the technology tree in particular.
    On the other hand, I really hate the way they've established the mechanics of happiness. It's complicated for nothing! It's typically the kind of complication you like to put into a game to make it more complicated. I'm familiar with that! But it's pointless!!! A game has to be both rich and simple. And the original mechanics were perfect: there are points of happiness, and that's it! I hate the way they made it unnecessarily complicated. It's really, really bad gameplay. A game designer will never make such a monumental mistake.
    So, I'm looking for a perfect modpack again. I think it would be more like a modpack based on the Whoward's Dll. But not a DLC, because you can't add civilizations in this context.
    I thought of making this modpack myself, but it's complicated. I didn't have the patience to get started...

NikMuazHakim likes this.
  16. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

Adan, I could help you with that modpack whoever I'm having trouble compiling all the mods together at the moment.. could you check what's the issue with this modpack update? here

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  17. adan_eslavo

My thoughts:
    upload_2020-4-13_15-49-4.png
    additionally:
    • most of mods are old and I didn't use them with current VP build, so I cannot tell you if they are compatible with each other or vp;
    • my mods were tested on EUI; I don't know how they perform without it;
    • list I provided to you contains version numbers, so you can verify them; these were most up to date versions of all mods except those crossed with red line; I tested them and all of them seem to work with latest VP;
    What I can suggest is pack only vp and see if it works. Then add to that few of my mods f.e. Then more and more and see which one is preventing the game from working. You can talk to @Moi Magnus who creates modpacks for more help.

NikMuazHakim likes this.
  18. Jozzez

Jozzez Chieftain

Hi Nik! Your modpack is best!! Thank you for that.
    Will there be more updates?

19. adan_eslavo

Probably not. Nik is silent for some time and last time we talked he had serious problems with making workable modpack. I tried to help him (look above), but he didn't answer.

20. NikMuazHakim

NikMuazHakim Warlord

My days of silently lingering inside this forum is over. I'm back! Kind off. I had an issue with a modpack for the latest vox populi recently. Plus, Ilteroi published a new .dll and the latest VP will be coming soon-ish. Anyway, here is a simple modpack from me: No Downloads. (Something broke)

Edit: I played with my lil brother in multiplayer with the latest modpack i picked from Magnus Mutatio thread but it didn't turn out great for both of us. Multiplayer am I rite? haha

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    keldath likes this.