"No aliens" / "reduced aliens" mod?

dgh64

Chieftain
Remember in Civ 5 how there were the "raging barbarians" and "no barbarians" options in advanced setup? Well, I miss those. I want to play a game against other civs without the aliens interfering so much. Sometimes there are 3 or 4 nests right around my starting base, and I can't explore/expand anywhere without killing them, which makes the other leaders mad at me.

I've looked on the Steam workshop, and all the mods that affect aliens seem to be aimed at making them stronger/more aggressive. So, what I'd like to do is make a mod that either eliminates aliens, or at least severely reduces their numbers.

Specific changes I want to make:
1. 50% fewer alien nests
2. alien water units won't blockade algae/coral/petroleum
3. make the Ultrasonic Fence quest decision protect workers and colonists, not just trade units
4. make it so aliens won't attack ANYTHING until somebody attacks an alien unit first.

I don't know if these are all possible. I've looked at GlobalDefines.xml, and I'm pretty sure I understand how most of the alien references work, but I was hoping someone with more experience could help out with some of these.

I understand were you are coming from, as I myself had a game were 6 nests were around me, 3 north of me, 2 south and 1 east so I could only expand west. The AI didn't have it much better and 2 factions (out of 5 AI factions) were wiped out by aliens before I could get to them and 1 was all but crippled, lost most of their cities and was left with an army that it couldn't cover the maintenance cost of (strange that it didn't kill the units).

I would suggest downloading an alien aggression mod that you found (ideally one that does the opposite of everything you want) and just adjust the code to lower aggression or the effect of attacking aliens or spawning rates.

All that said that game when it was a case of survival against aliens rather than war against civ's was on of the best games I had and I really like the alien system that they use.

Top Bottom