1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No aluminum in game - any options

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by chrisb89, Aug 26, 2009.

1. chrisb89

chrisb89 Chieftain

Long story short I've been playing a game for about 24 hours on a custom map that I created. Things are even, really interesting, and I'm really getting into the game. I finally have the tech for modern armor but now realize I forgot to put any aluminum in the game which ruins my plans. I'm kicking myself.

Is there any cheat or anything I can do to insert it in now, or am I screwed and just have to deal with no aluminum?

Thanks

2. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

First I would have to ask if you have researched Rocketry yet, as alumimum only shows up after that tech has been researched. I forget that all the time, and spend 5 minutes looking for invisible aluminum on the map.

If you have, and there actually is no aluminum, then I don't think there is anyway to add it in.

3. chrisb89

chrisb89 Chieftain

dude you rock... haven't researched it yet. Just restarted playing after a couple year hiatus.... thanks man

4. timerover51

timerover51 Deity

First, did you specifically place all of the resources, or allow the map to generate resources? If you allowed the map to generate resources, and then added additional ones, you should have aluminum, if you research Rocketry as already suggested.

Second, how many opponents did you set the map to have? The fewer the number of opponents, the less the number of strategic resources.

5. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Hmm... unless you were some kind of God at modifying saves I think not....

6. vmxa

vmxa Deity

The best thing is to win the game, before you get to the modern age.