No animations for working tiles - WHY ?

Orion66

Master of Orion
Why there are no animations for working city tiles. Right now when I look at map I can't see what tiles are being used by city. In Civ4 when a tile was worked there was animations so it was easy to tell what tiles are being used. :mad:

So what do you think about it?

Yes, I agree with this.

It's difficult to see if a worker is working on a tile and what he is working on. Often I've accidentally canceled an improvement in progress because the worker looked idle.

So it WAS taken out.....and I thought i didn't see any animation because my graphics is set to medium.

This is an utterly stupid mistake Firaxis made.

Why there are no animations for working city tiles. Right now when I look at map I can't see what tiles are being used by city. In Civ4 when a tile was worked there was animations so it was easy to tell what tiles are being used. :mad:

So what do you think about it?

Yeah, I miss that. There's no little hut for when its working an un-upgraded tile either. :sad:

Yup, I want this back too !

It's espacially true for puppet cities and rival cities. Since there's no way to know what tile is worked, you can't make a good tactical choice for either improving or pillaging a tile around a city.

I must say that although I'm mostly very pleased with CiV, this was one of the minor things I didn't like. I miss the old mine-cart animation, and the smoke coming from the buildings when worked.

If I had to guess, I would say they didn't want people confusing it with the pillage-smoke animation which is AWESOME!

So now we have tile improvements being seen built in progress + pillage effects. Seems like a fair trade to me actually in that respect.

I don't see any animations in Civ4 showing which tiles are being worked by the city populace. I just see when a worker is improving a tile.

I also don't see any little huts when a non-upgraded tile is being worked.

I do notice that it can be difficult to see the units in forested terrain. The units don't stand out very well.

I miss them too, they were a useful visual feedback.

I don't see any animations in Civ4 showing which tiles are being worked by the city populace. I just see when a worker is improving a tile.

I also don't see any little huts when a non-upgraded tile is being worked.

I do notice that it can be difficult to see the units in forested terrain. The units don't stand out very well.

Check you eyeballs and/or your computer.

I don't know what I'm supposed to check.

I see the worker, the guy that builds farms and roads and mines and things.
I don't see any animations showing the city population working anything, just circles on the tiles in the city view.

I'm playing BTS.

I don't know what I'm supposed to check.

I see the worker, the guy that builds farms and roads and mines and things.
I don't see any animations showing the city population working anything, just circles on the tiles in the city view.

I'm playing BTS.

When a farm is worked, it will turn green. When not worked, it will be brown.
When mines are worked, smoke comes out of the shaft and the cart moves. When not worked, there is no smoke.
When unimproved tiles are worked, a little lean-to appears in the tile. When not worked, the tile is empty.

If you don't see these things, your graphics must be on really low settings. That, or you're blind. Or your game is bugged. Point is, normally these things happen.

WTB more intelligent game developers that do not take out everything we enjoy

OK, I see.

I've only had the game for 2-3 weeks.

I always liked the smoke and moving ore carts in the mines and the bananas being flung in the air.
I guess I didn't associate those with the tiles being worked.

I'd miss those as well.

Top Bottom