[GS] No barbarians (Should be Fixed)

Keith_C

Warlord
In three of the four games that I have started there have been no barbarians, even after 120+ turns.

There has been a mix of settings - we have stuck to large map size on continents, but the second game of the four (large map, also continents, epic speed) had what seemed a reasonably normal amount of barbarians.

The other games have been a mix of standard and marathon speeds, prince and warlord difficulties, Ottoman and Canada civs. Score victory is always disabled, but that's the only setting that has been changed. The "No Barbarians" tickbox has been confirmed as not ticked.

I have the same issue, it only happens on maps that have multiple continents. One continent has no barbarian at all, but others have barbarians.

Steps to reproduce:
- Start a game on the "continents" map type (any leaders, size and speed)
- Pass 10 turns
- Reveal the map with the debug mode
-> One continent has no barbarian

The bug happens around around 75% of the time.

Example of a continent with barbarians : https://imgur.com/a/wmthuIv, and continent without barbarian : https://imgur.com/a/QgEPyce

I have all the DLCs, no mod.
My hardware: Linux Mint, processor Intel Skylake i7-6700K 4.0 GHz, graphics card Sapphire Technology Nitro+ ATI Radeon RX 480 8 Go, RAM Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz, motherboard Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H, hard drive Crucial SSD CT525MX300SSD1 256GB

I am seeing this bug as well in my first continents game; my continent is barbarian-free but the other continent is being overrun with them; the AI capitals on the continent with barbarians are being pillaged and wrecked.

I can confirm (ruined my last weekend game) this. Deity huge map, un-modded game, three continents of which one of middle size contained NO barbarians at all which completely eliminated the possibility of gathering of much needed eureka and era scores. As additional info, it seems those barbarians are somehow supposed to be there since I was given a warning (of agenda violation) from a civilization saying I let (the non-existent) barbarian roam free in my vicinity. Please fix this. It’s a severe bug.

Been having this issue.

All standard settings, Large map, 8 Civs, 12 CS, Continents, I was Dido - I mention her because I saaw two other people mention they had similar settings and were also Dido, but something something correlation causation.

I've seen this at least twice, once as Mali/Mansa Musa, once as Hungary/Matthias Corvinus, both on huge continents maps, with standard numbers of Civs and City-States.
On the flip side, it seems to me that if you do end up with barbarians, they're on overdrive, constantly spawning new camps as fast as you can defeat them.

I wonder if it's sending all the barbarians that should be spread across the whole world to a single continent? That would explain sometimes seeing none at all, and sometimes seeing unending hordes of them.

-

Just checked the full map in that Hungary game, and the other major continent is swarming with barbarians - there are more barbarian camps than there are cities, after 66 turns.
The other decently sized islands had at most one or two camps, which seems reasonable, but one continent with none and another with 16+? That sure seems like a bug.

Should be fixed, per patch notes:
  • [XP1, XP2] Track barbarian camp placement throughout the game (much like we do storms & droughts) and shy away from camp locations that are close to previously used spots. Should distribute camps across the continents better.

Top Bottom