1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

no BNW-civ's ingame?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Totibbs, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Totibbs

Totibbs Warlord

Hi all,

I live in the Netherlands and I was quite surprised I found BNW in my snail-mail postbox.

Now Ive installed the game from disc and I see it in Steam. Only I do not see it in the game. I do see my other two packs. Gods &Kings and Mongolia.

Is it because Im not from North-America?

I started the game in both DirectX9 and 10&11. And Ive rebooted my PC. Both without results... anyone got the same problem or a solution? please!

Attached Files:

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes, it's because you don't live in NA. You have to wait till Friday like the rest of your kind. :p

3. kwidem

kwidem Warlord

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  4. Totibbs

Totibbs Warlord

hmm what about Freedom of Speech in this Brave New World? :mischief:

5. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I'm surprised you even got the copy so early! Did you order it from an American site?

6. Irkalla

Irkalla ENTP POWWWEEEEEER

It hasn't unlocked for me and I live in North America. Once again, everyone forgets about the Landmass.

7. Ryoga

Ryoga King

I guess that depends on whether you got the expansion files already?

For example I'm in europe and I got the files, I cannot play BNW until it gets unlocked but it does appear in my expansion list in game.

8. Totibbs

Totibbs Warlord

No, just a typical dutch web-shop (bol.com)

With expansion list, you mean DLC list? Then why does it not appear in my DLC list ingame?

by the way, VPN did not work. With www.whatismyip.com I saw my IP was in Florida, so I fooled Windows, but still could not play Brave New World.

9. Ryoga

Ryoga King

Yes, that's the "DLC" menu.

Anyway like I said I don't know why you don't see it, I'm just guessing that it might be because I have already downloaded the files of the expansion.

Some of those who pre-ordered the game got the files at the same time of the latest patch, some didn't, for who knows what reason.

You might want to check if you have the directory "Expansion2" in your Civ V installation in the following path:

[Your Steam directory]\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\

If you don't, then that must be why, if you do, then something isn't right.
    If the first case is true, then it's probably normal, and you'll get everything once you actually download the expansion.

10. Totibbs

Totibbs Warlord

Ive 1 file in that map:
    CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion2

So something is not right?

edit: I did pre-order my DLC, but on disc. Not on steam.

11. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

The game is available in stores in The Netherlands. I bought my copy in a store in Groningen (July 9).

I had thought to be able to play the game. There is no information on the box or inside that I have to wait till Friday. Take 2 did a bad job in not being more clear on this. I might have chosen a cheaper download via the internet, instead, if I had known this.

It is not justified that someone sells a game without being clear that is not playable till a certain date.

12. André Alfenaar

André Alfenaar Warlord

You need a lot more than just this .dll. Just compare it with the files you find for Gods & Kings. Steam seems to hide those files now. You have to wait till Friday (just like me).
    It is pretty annoying that the distributors/Firaxis are not clear on this. People like you and me are now putting energy in getting the game running to no avail.

13. rastak

rastak Emperor

If they are selling it in stores it's beyond stupid to not let people unlock and play on steam.

14. EgyptRaider

EgyptRaider Warlord

Yeah I'm Dutch too and got the copy earlier. It happens to me quite often that if I pre-order a game I get it a few days before the release date. (I even got Skyrim a few days before the iconic 11-11-11 launch)