No button to update

quikesan

Chieftain
Hi, in the launcher, I have received a notification to update (from 999 to 1000) but when I click the "Update available" button, besides the changes list, there is no button to update.
As long as I remember, there is where there should be the button right?
Is there something I am missing?

thanks!

Yeah, for some reason it doesn't work but I need to ask Afforess and dbkblk.
Try going on Menu, Fix Installation and Check files again. Hopefully it will update to Rev1000 although this doesn't solve the problem of the missing button.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14097507 said:
Did my above suggestion work?

Not sure how I can tell, the launcher says my local install is 000 now, makes me think someone never thought we'd hit 4 digits or something. It did make the update button appear though.

Not sure how I can tell, the launcher says my local install is 000 now, makes me think someone never thought we'd hit 4 digits or something. It did make the update button appear though.
OK, that's revision 1000. Have a look on your flag next to the minimap, it should read 1000. Hopefully we can fix this, I still don't know what happens on revision 1001 but I suspect it's a problem with the launcher, I've sent a message to dbkblk.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14097507 said:
Did my above suggestion work?

yep, it worked. Thanks for the tip. The game updated (it says now"mod rev 000") and the update button appeard.

The thing now is that even it is updated, it keeps saying the there is an update available.
Probably some mess between "version 1000" and "version 000"

I was juuuuuust coming on to report this problem and then saw this thread XD

Rev000 huh, we've gone back in time!! :crazyeye:

Well, stupid bug. I'll fix that once I have time because it's a critical one.

I have a problem similar to this one: I cant get past the 1000 Update. When i update it still says "update" and in the game i am on Build 1000 and not 1002 like the updater suggests - i tried 5 times to update - it updates and still doesnt do anything :/

The bug is now fixed. The launcher wasn't able to read the local version number with 4 digits. It was a stupid error on my side. It should now work with all digits.
The update will be pushed in the next hour.

However, I don't know why it didn't worked for you Mercury!

You're welcome!

45°38'N-13°47'E;14106502 said:
Have you tried Fix Installation from the launcher menu?

Trying that now, after (temporarily) marking a few XML files as "Don't replace/modify this". Tweaked a few buildings and civics to my liking - minor changes really, nothing drastic - and reverted Saladin back to his original traits.

Since the latest updates don't seem to be modifying those, I felt it'd be safe to mark them as Ignored for this update, but after that I'm not sure what I'll do. I only tweaked a few things, so I guess I can just cut the parts I modified and paste them into a new file, and re-adjust them after every future update...

....... Seems to have worked :D
(Updated while I was typing this post hah)

Top Bottom