1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No c2c v24 download folder?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by 2evster48, Jul 6, 2012.

1. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

Just downloaded the latest version but when I came to unpack it there was no single C2C folder containing all the files (assets, resources etc), but all the files were displayed separately. I've downloaded a few times and the same problem occurs - is this a new way of delivering the mod (and if so what do I unpack and where) or is it just me. I have downloaded and played all previous versions.

2. dusckr87

dusckr87 Chieftain

I no longer have the file (I downloaded it as a curiosity as I use the SVN exclusively and zip that occasionally), but the only folder missing was the "root" folder, and you should name that Caveman2Cosmos (ie, identical to the ini file). Just unzip the file into a folder named that. Just in case you or someone else isn't clear on this, NEVER unzip the new files into an existing mod folder, as the new version replaces rather than updates.

3. Actuarian

Actuarian Chieftain

There is no highest level folder in the zip, but I created a Caveman2Cosmos folder on my desktop and unpacked it into that. Then it worked fine for me. Also, check the settings on your unpack application to make sure you have it set to keeps the folder structure when it unpacks.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i am sorry about that everyone, i had MrAzue do it in a last minute effort to get it out, and he forgot to put the main folder in (Caveman2Cosmos), plus he used his version which contained an extra file that gives an error, my bad, because my upload internet was not working:sad:

Just do what Actuarian said above and it should be fine along with the patch of course.

5. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

Thanks, it downloaded fine - obvious solution really but sometimes you need someone to point that out!

Although it downloaded OK it runs with black tiles on even the most basic graphic settings - I can see the units and resource icons (and even the waves on the coast) but everything else is black. Not had this problem with previous versions (lots of MAFS like everyone else) but at least I can get games started. Any thoughts?

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Read through this thread, and figure out what is best for you to use:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=432630