[TOT] No city names are generated for AI or myself

Awoudex

Chieftain
Hi, recently i've installed ToT again on my relatively new 64bit windows laptop. I've managed to patch to 1.1 and use mastermind's window bug patcher. I can play the game on my machine, however there are no city names. The ai just puts nameless cities on the map and there are no suggested names for my own cities either.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a solution? I've tried searching the web and these forums for this problem. Try imagine sending caravans, to which nameless city should it go? :p I've added a small screenshot to give an example of what happens

I hope that someone still reads here now and then.

Cheers

Attachments

• civ2totmap.png
    civ2totmap.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 159
The few times I've seen this problem involve a missing CITY.TXT or a civilization whose name isn't referencing it properly. Check that it's in the same folder as the scenario rules are and that the civilizations with missing city names are named the same in RULES.TXT and CITY.TXT.

You mentioned you have no suggested names. What happens if you type one in? Does it "stick" or does the city stay named as nothing?

I've very recently encountered a bug where if I try to rename a city, it doesn't "stick" and I'm curious if it has to do with a recent windows update and potential auto fill changes as often while typing the city name, it will auto fill to something highlighted in blue, yet not "stick."

Anyone know how to remove auto fill for applications? I've only seen it for Internet browsers...

Top Bottom