No City State and barbarian clans

aenima

Chieftain
I wanted to play with no city states at the start of the game, but with barbarian clans which can usually flip to city state. The idea is to have city state later in the game. But with no city state at the start, the barbarian clans can't flip to city state. Is there a reason fro this behavior?
And does someone know if a mod exists that can solve this thing?

Thanks

You can solve this raising the number City-states to 1. Then Clans can turn into City-States.

IIRC there was a possibility to set that with YnAMP somehow.

I think using the scenario framework of the mod, selecting 0 CS in the setup screen, but with a list of CS "leaders" set in the <ReservedPlayerSlots> table added by the mod in config, that would work on any map. Would require a small modmod.

You can solve this raising the number City-states to 1. Then Clans can turn into City-States.

i would prefer no city state at the start, because 1 means a potential advantage for one civ ....

@Gedemon, thanks, i will have a look at this mod to see if i can obtain what i'm looking for.

Sorry, now I remember, it's an experimental feature added in this gitHub version, which AFAIK wasn't uploaded on Steam.

i have to look if i can install it easly, to complicate it a little more, i'm playing on ubuntu :D

i haven't yet install the mod (i don't found where i have to install it physically on ubuntu paths) but i began to look at the xml and lua scripts to see if i find something to change.
In the same time i continue to play with no city state, and i really don't understand why they forbid the clans to convert in city state in one hand and in the other hand you still have propositions in the word congress about city states..

Top Bottom