1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

No Corruption Mod!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by PreTzeL_22, Jul 25, 2002.

1. PreTzeL_22

PreTzeL_22 Tiger Tank

Yup, that's right, no more corruption. There are also some changes to make the unique units more "Unique". (though it is somewhat hard for sixteen units, many of them variants of the same normal unit ie. Knight, Swordsman etc.)

ENJOY!

Attached Files:

2. PreTzeL_22

PreTzeL_22 Tiger Tank

Well..... Is it terrible?..... Is it any good?...... Tell me if you feel inclined, eh?

3. robehans

robehans Chieftain

Well... I kind of liked the corruption as an idea... ... but it is badly done (i.e. too much of it...) but i thik there should still be some left

4. PreTzeL_22

PreTzeL_22 Tiger Tank

I see... Well, I always felt corruption ruined the game because you could only ever have two groups of six or seven cities that were useful (production wise). Without corruption you can (for instance) play on a map of the world as a European nation, leave the Aztecs, Yanks, and Iroquois out of the game, then have a big race to colonise the unihabited Americas.

Of course you can still do this with corruption on 100%, but you can have a huge industrial base on another continent without corruption.

If you like a little corruption, robehans, go ahead and bump it up a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Creating Scenarios

You can get rid of corruption eith the editor anyway. It is under the "difficulty levels" section of the rules. This may not be available on earilar patches though.

6. PreTzeL_22

PreTzeL_22 Tiger Tank

I guess that would make sense seeing as though that's how I got rid of corruption (through the editor).

Has anybody got any ideas on how to make the UU's more 'unique'?

Panzer: Two movement points but it treats all terrain as roads plu blitz ability.

F-15 (which I remaned F-22 since that is the more modern version of it): MUCH higher bombard plus stealth ability (again this is what it has in real life)

Man-O-War: (renamed 'Dreadnought' and now replaces battleship) 16 defence instead of twelve.

oops, I gotta go now.

7. muxec

muxec Chieftain

And what's with AI corruption?

8. PreTzeL_22

PreTzeL_22 Tiger Tank

How do you mean?