1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No-Cottage Gandhi (Immortal Espionage Economy)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by OneLeggedRhino, Oct 1, 2011.

1. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

Stacking spies becomes better once the AI starts building security bureaus in its cities. You need more spies to reliable take it out and succeed on your spy missions, so you end up needing to stack them. For the early-mid game though, it's better to send your spies solo as you've noted.

Nice write-up.

2. vranasm

vranasm Deity

your choice, I would probably shadow either way.
    Going standard, normal speed, tech trades on brings probably more shadows though. I think you will soon realize that this setting is completely other world then you're used to, but I am not afraid you won't make the transition.

I think EE is stronger on marathon speed for couple of reasons too. for example the -50% discount comes after 5 turns on marathon and on normal...so imagine the timeline difference.
    In other words it means you need to stack more the spies on normal since you don't have enough turns to waste with 2nd/3rd spy out of position waiting until they can come in and wait for discount.

I learned a lot with shadowing your game, I then started another game (with Hatty) with similar settings (well forgot to take barbs out...which then made me angry at myself due to barb galleys) and the game was really easy... I changed my usual strategy based on experience and totally stomped the map, started with WC's rush.

Still not sure which has bigger effect on difficulty... the no tech trades or marathon speed.

Awaiting next game so I have something interesting before me!

3. Keilah

Keilah King

I'd prefer to shadow a game on normal speed!

Maybe we can compare 1-city-cottages + spies everywhere vs no cottages?