No "Create Great Work" Command on Great Writer?

Nooble

Warlord
Hello, I tried to google this problem but could not find a solution.

I have a Great Writer, but there's no "Create Great Work" command on him. The only special command is to "Write Political Treatsie" which gives me +2304 culture. I have 3 free great writing slots available.

All available Great Works of Writing were already created. There's a set amount of them.

This issue has already been discussed in numerous threads.

As Visage already said, you've used your current slots and there's room for no more till you build new buildings supporting them.

Check your tab up in the top right corner to check for open spots and types of them =)

I think Visage meant that there are a limited amount of Great Works that can be built by all civilization. For example, there's a total of 13 unique Great Writings in the game, and they all have been built. Just like the 7 amount of religions. I have 3 free slots for Great Writing works, but can't build anymore because they've all been built.

That's from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong.

Build an amphitheatre, the great library, or oxford university. Those buildings have slots for great works of writing.

People seem to be missing the point.

In fact, as far as I know, th eoption is greyed otu when you lack slots. but if the hard limit has been reached the option is completely removed.

I hope they fix this (including maybe add another 50 or so works)

Welcome to the "Just-Found-Out-the-Hard-Way-That-There-Aren't-Enough-GW's" Club. Our numbers are small, but growing fast.

Is there no place in the game where the remaining number of available works is tracked (i.e. like we have for remaning antiquity sites)?

I think Visage meant that there are a limited amount of Great Works that can be built by all civilization. For example, there's a total of 13 unique Great Writings in the game, and they all have been built. Just like the 7 amount of religions. I have 3 free slots for Great Writing works, but can't build anymore because they've all been built.

That's from my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct. I guess there's a finite amount of each type of GW, since each one has it's own "intro".
But the issue isn't just finite amount of them - that amount also doesn't scale with map size or number of civilizations. So if you're playing with a lot of civs, there will be more GWs created per turn (in average), and you can end up running out of GWs as early as Renaissance!
Welcome to the "Just-Found-Out-the-Hard-Way-That-There-Aren't-Enough-GW's" Club. Our numbers are small, but growing fast.

Is there no place in the game where the remaining number of available works is tracked (i.e. like we have for remaning antiquity sites)?
Nope.

I consider this a "bug" that will hopefully be fixed with the fall patch.

(hopefully allowing the generic GWAM to produce a generic Great Work once the named ones are finished)

This, I feel, ties into the issues I have with Great Art. The ability to create great writing neatly coincides with having a decent number of slots in which to put said great writing, thus leading to this problem of running out of Great Writing by the end of the game. Meanwhile, we have a massive gap between being able to create great art & having any decent number of slots in which to place them-leading towards crazy situations. I really hope that the Fall Patch does something to rebalance these two issues!

Aussie.

I wonder how much they pay W. Morgan Sheppard for the voice-overs. Is the limit because they felt they had to have a narration for each GWoW, and that costs $$?

Also, has anyone had the experience of getting a lot of one culture for GW's? Out of my first six GW's, half were Japanese.

Lastly, what's up with all the Beads for artifacts?? Didn't anyone make pottery, statues or arrowheads back then?

Top Bottom