1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] No DVD? :-(

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Josephias, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

I think it have pretty confirmed there will not be physical, boxed edition for Rise & Fall (No proper cover-size expansion art sighted, no mention to the expansion in retailer sites, only PC Digital option offered in Firaxis site...) but, I would like to ask: ¿has there been an official statement about this?

I know it is quite a nonsense on these days of day-0 patches and DLC, but I've already quite an amout of years on PC gaming, and going to the shop, finding it on the shelves, waiting for it to start running until you reach home are part of the flavour of getting a new game (specially one you've been waiting for)... getting it digitally has no near the same flavour (plus, I cannot have another useless plastic box decorating my shelves), ¿anyone also missing the 'old school' way of buying?

Manifold likes this.
  2. Very Mad Max

Very Mad Max Chieftain

Yeah, I do quite miss the old way of buying games.

3. marius_kaparius

marius_kaparius Warlord Supporter

I would also like a case to go with the others Civ's on the shelf, but alas.

Josephias, Thormodr and Manifold like this.
  4. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I miss some of the great manuals that came with games like Age of Empires II back in the day (AoE II also had an extravagant and pretty hard copy tech tree foldout in color). Alas, the environment must be saved, and entertainment dispensed via hyperlinks and streaming downloads.

5. katanaD

katanaD Chieftain

well, on steam it is listed as a DLC add-on, so im guessing yeah, that would rule out and DVD

Josephias likes this.
  6. anandus

anandus Errorist

Civ 6 actually has a decent manual! Almost 200 pages (right-click in Steam, or if you're lazy click here)
    Just get it printed at a decent (book)printer to get yourself a hardcopy :)

Also, I think it's more a cost-thing than an environment-thing, but the latter is a welcome bonus, of course.

Thormodr likes this.