No e-mail notifications anymore when a new message appears in a thread I posted in, while browser notifications (enabled) still work

Naokaukodem

Millenary King
Hello,

Well, everything is in the title, or nearly : in the last days (less than a week), I happened to have my newly browser new-posts notifications alert me of some new posts in threads I follow. (i.e. posted in) Thing is, I noticed that the e-mail notifications don't arrive anymore.

So, I'm asking if there is problems with the site e-mail notifications lately, or if anybody experienced the same thing as myself, My e-mail box is Outlook.com.

Because now I'm suspecting some hacking around here. In the same time, my e-mail box put too much time to open, and this evening it's my whole computer that had hard time to start. I suspect someone that wants to harm myself, because I have powerful enemies and lately, I was waiting for a job opportunity, and the only way to contact me was my e-mail address.

Thx for the answer.

Email notification still works fine for me. In fact, I received an email notification about this thread you posted shorted after your posting. :)

Alas I didn't get any e-mail notification. I received a warning from Google because I changed my password (I also have a gmail address, but rarely go in it) though, as well as a Microsoft
account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com message because I deleted a recovery phone number that wasn't up to date, but that's all. So I will check my options on Civfanatics.

EDIT : everything was well checked. I unchecked everything, saved and re-checked, we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Woa, I got nothing. I have to say that there was unusual activity on my Outlook account, and not only a few... a lot ! Synchronizations and connexions attempts from Russia, China, Algeria, Indonesia... all rejected because of wrong password. But maybe they find it finally... Now all what I have to do is waiting for Microsoft's answer, I sent them a request beginning by "I think my account has been hacked" or something. They probably don't work a sunday, hopefully next week I will have news.
I will keep you informed here, if you don't have any more ideas.

EDIT : OK for now I created a rule in Outlook to transfer all my messages into another e-mail box of mine. Any other rule cannot be applied thereafter. Could you send me another mail to see if it works that way ? Thx.
EDIT2 : That said, I'm not sure if any rule can "overwrite" synchronizations... I'll ask my father to send me an e-mail instead, to avoid any annoyance here. Thx.

Last edited:
I reveived it ! In both my boxes as expected. Maybe I messed around with Outlook parameters and did something with Civfanatics... ? I don't see it in known spams (but they would go in spams and that's not the case) and have no filter enabled, so they cannot just "not appear"... it's weird. Can activate browser pushes mess with it ?
Thx again The_J.

We got a notification from another user who has the same internet email provider as you, about not receiving emails (for password resetting). So it might not only be you. I'll check with some moderators.

Last edited:
I just tried updating the SPF record for the domain to include the cloud hosting IP address as well.

Naokaukodem, please check again after couple hours and let us know if it helps.

Other than that, I have also raised a ticket with our cloud hosting support to see if there is anything else that could be done.

Xenforo support replied to me saying they are aware of this issue and have contacted MS to have their email server IP removed from blacklist.

Last edited:
No, Xenforo contacted Microsoft about it, as MS owns Hotmail/live.com

It’s due to hotmail blacklisted Xenforo’s email server IP address, so Xenforo is trying to get that IP address off that blacklist.

Top Bottom