1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No Early UUs

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by cripp7, Jun 24, 2012.

1. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

I was thinking (I know it's scary for me:lol:) which I'm sure it's been done before, however I thought I would put it up for fun.

No Early UU

This is a Small Fractal, Normal, Monarch, No Huts/Events where you play as Churchill.

All metals
    • Iron
    • Copper
    • Horse*
    • Oil
    • Coal
    • Uranium
    • Aluminum

Horse was added to prevent early chariot rushes. Basically this was to try to eliminate early UU. It will be interesting to only use warriors, archers, cats for armies until GP.

I didn't change anything on the map itself.

Settings
    Spoiler :

Start
    Spoiler :

Have fun and enjoy.

Attached Files:

• uu.zip
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
  2. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Wait, if I get this right, there are no strategic resources on the map?
    Sounds like a Steel beeline and maul people with Cannons-Muskets :)

3. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Without iron?

You can obviously own face with infantry/arty later but archer/cata will destroy in classical and longbow/treb will do fine in medieval since there aren't any knights/HA to flank them.

Since we're England one can just trash the map with redcoats too. It doesn't really matter what you choose to do, since an AI without strategic resources can't plot war.

By the way, you also removed ivory, right ;)?

4. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I have to say i don't understand from the description if the resources were removed or added to everyone :)

as I said couple of times already somewhere... we run almost the same settings with Sid couple of weeks ago in SG and totally crushed the AI's

if you really stripped off all strategics you actually made it easier for player even if the intent was reverse.

5. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Can you give Saladin instead ;) ?

6. Mylene

Mylene Deity

AIs will build much less units? They usually dun use longbows or archers besides for city defense ;)

7. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

I'm betting they will spam stacks of warriors for their SoD, since that is the only city attack until the AI has access until siege comes online

8. vranasm

vranasm Deity

they will stack with archers, not build enough units and not beeline for catapults.

Otoh human player will beeline catapults and totally destroy AI with cats+archers warfare...

basically this post of mine was an attempt to summarize why the challenge felt in practice less rewarding http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11454229&postcount=203

I still hope we talk about the same settings (aka all strategics removed)

oh btw I hope cripp didn't leave horses to human player...since then he basically created ideal scenario for HA stomp...

9. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

Ok, I didn't see that game. Basically the same thing, I'll read it out and see what happens. I know you know a lot more about the game mechanics than I do so thanks for the link explanation.

No horse anywhere, although I forgot about ivory. This was just a bored experiment I was trying out.