[BNW] no errors in log but mod will not work

jakkob4682

Chieftain
I included the latest log and mod file. I move the file from the mods normal folder to the civ 5 mod folder. start game click on the mod and hit next. from there it takes me to a screen that shows active mods and i have to click back, go back to the mod browser and click back again to get to main menu. File associations are G&K and BNW. onModActivated is set to update the two files.

Attachments

• Improved Market (v 1).zip
    2 KB · Views: 120
  • Database (2).zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 111
from there it takes me to a screen that shows active mods and i have to click back, go back to the mod browser and click back again to get to main menu.
The 'Single Player' text looks like a title, but is actually a button! Click that and you'll be taken to the civ-select screen.
Do not click 'Back'/never return to the main menu after loading mods; It causes them to de-activate. Starting a single-player game from the main menu will not load any mods at all*

*With the exception of 'fake DLCs' such as EUI

It's not giving me a choice.... I select the mod click next ---> takes me to next screen which tells me what mods are loaded ----> then back to the mod selection screen. If I click next it repeats the process. takes back to the screen that tells me what mods are active/loaded with only a back button. I click the back button takes me to the mod selection screen and from there? What? If I click it puts me in the same loop

Just to clarify this is a homemade mod.

takes me to next screen which tells me what mods are loaded
This is correct

----> then back to the mod selection screen.
But this is where you do the wrong thing. Do not click the back-button here. Click the 'Single Player' text on this same screen. It looks like a title, but it's actually a button!

This tutorial has pictures, which may be helpful (especially for step 10 where it currently goes wrong).
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/select-subscribe-enable-and-play-a-mod.465972/
NOTE: The Tutorial seems to be made before BNW was released, though (apart from the background) everything is still the same/applicable.

Top Bottom