1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No Espionage glitch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unofficial Patches' started by zoiks, Jul 24, 2008.

1. zoiks

zoiks Chieftain

Hi,

I mention this in another thread (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=284215) but thought I'd bring it to this forum's attention.

I found that when I got the spy interrogation event (I think it was) I was able to get either 50 or 500 espionage points against an enemy, despite playing a No Espionage game. This gave me little advantage in the game I was playing as I was much stronger and about to attack him anyway, but I was able to view all of his cities until the civ was wiped out.

Perhaps a future patch could remove this event if you're playing a No Espionage game...if that is even possible?

2. rheinig

rheinig Chieftain

".if that is even possible?"
    It is, though AFAIK through python only. Add a callback to the eventtrigger, add the funtion on CvRandomEventInterface.py, and have it return False if the no espionage option is on. There are samples of exactly this test already in there if I remember correctly. Of course, since this file did get copied into every mod fiddling with rnd-events, all those copies will still have the bug...