No Gandhi in Civilization 6?

darko82, Khan is fun, many "not nice" leaders as you say, are in fact fun and interesting, Ghandi is just annoying, plain and simple. Deal with it. Comparing him to Genghis and other great conquerors is beyond ridiculous.

No, that reffered to the argument that he is not a nice person as if other leaders were nice people. You miss the point. Those arguments are simply invalid.

For you he may be annoying; for others fun.

Does anyone have a link to the early interviews where they first talk about the Agendas and how someone asks them about Gandhi and his Nuke-Happy-Trigger?

Indira Gandhi is an interesting idea, but she was hated by her countrymen if I recall. Her iron-fisted ways were quite divisive, and her decision in one particular incident to order troops to quell a rebellion directly resulted in her assassination.

She doesn't have quite the same acclaim or renown as Ashoka or Akbar either, unfortunately. I suspect if they want female leaders, they will look elsewhere. There are female leaders not included in Civ previously that could work for the Mayans, the Koreans and maybe other nations too.

She's undeniably and understandably controversial. But I was pointing out Stalin, who is also controversial (although there are probably far more Indians buying Civ6 than there were Russians buying Civ1). I would argue that "India" as a Civ would not be in the game if it weren't for modern India. Instead, it would be one of the subsets that ruled over time. Her impact on India is undeniable in making it a regional hegemon and world player. I'm not saying she should be included, I'm saying she should be in the conversation.

For you he may be annoying; for others fun.

Someone should make a poll. "Do you want to se Ghandi in VI as a leader?"

Yes
No
Don't care
I want Poland

Someone should make a poll. "Do you want to se Ghandi in VI as a leader?"

Yes
No
Don't care
I want Poland

I was reffering to the arguments, not someone's will.

A poll won't hurt.

I thought I read somewhere that there were 'Great Humanitarians' - seemingly the perfect role for Ghandi. Am I totally misremembering that?

I thought I read somewhere that there were 'Great Humanitarians' - seemingly the perfect role for Ghandi. Am I totally misremembering that?

Those are in Civ Rev. There's no evidence they are in Civ6.

Does anyone have a link to the early interviews where they first talk about the Agendas and how someone asks them about Gandhi and his Nuke-Happy-Trigger?

Early on, some interviewer asked Ed if Gandhi will be OP in Civ VI and Ed demurred by saying that Gandhi is always OP. :p

Ashoka is a viable option, but I'd rather reserve Akbar in hopes that he could lead the Mughal civ.

Personally, if Gandhi is replaced, I'd like Chandragupta Maurya.

How about starting spiting up India which is already a very modern concept?
(A few possibility: Hindi, Maratha, Tamil, Punjab, Mughal)

Gandhi is a celebrity, he will be in. The prospect of cartoony Gandhi is too good. I know India is a big place but it's only through working together that they were able to become independent and that's what he stands for. He will likely like lots of faith and small military.

Yes, he's definitely in the game. The question is whether he will be a Great Person or India's leader. I hope he's a Great Person. I am tired of seeing him as a leader.

They wouldn't put him in the trailer if he wasn't in the game. The scenes in the trailer are not chosen randomly. The idea that they'd put him in there to be deliberately misleading is absurd; it would be unprecedented and would serve no purpose.

Mona Lisa is also in the trailer but she's not gunna be a leader. I don't think having an abstract picture of him in the trailer means means much for him. If it was in vaguely civ VI art design then yeah. Otherwise he's as much an ideal of peace and modern democracy and political freedoms as he was a person, and most likely is there to visualise a related topic they are mentioning in the vid.

I reckon he'll be in, I just reckon even if he wasn't, he still woulda been in the vid

Yes, he's definitely in the game. The question is whether he will be a Great Person or India's leader. I hope he's a Great Person. I am tired of seeing him as a leader.

He's been always a leader; he's been always an icon; they put him in the first trailer. How ridiculous it is to think he might be a Great Person suddenly? He is like everywhere just to become a Great Person in CIV VI :crazyeye: AriochIV is right.

Firaxis has stated before that they don't do tricks, misinformation, or red herrings. Sometimes things get misinterpreted though.

Top Bottom