1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No great persons on custom map

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Nitram0, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Nitram0

Nitram0 Chieftain

Hello,

through the tutorials I was able to create a map using the worldbuilder. It is also playable (One Piece map in the steam workshop) but everytime one of my friends or I launches this map, every great person is already taken. So no one can found a religion or get great works.
    Does anyone know a solution for this problem or can give me a hint. I thought a map wouldn't affect any great person.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings, Martin

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

The game does not auto-recognize the size of a premade map. When I play using a custom-made map I always select the map-size in the Advanced Setup menu and I never have any problems with Great People being available, whether Prophets or Otherwise.

3. Nitram0

Nitram0 Chieftain

I've selected the map size in the Create a Game Advanced Setup, but that doesn't work. I will try to implement the map size in the map configuration.
    Besides of that I found out, when I create a new map the same size, it works without any problems, nevertheless it's the same mod/code. Furthermore if I select Arabia as Civilization, I get a Great Prophet from the start.
    Seems to me like it really doesn't know, how many Great Persons it should have.

4. 0100010

0100010 Prince

I just encounter this issue and figured out how to fix it.

I had created a map with several mods that it did not need to depend on (accidentally) and wanted to remove them because I though one of the mod dependencies was causing this problem with missing great people. While it was related it was not the cause. I have made custom maps before in world builder at higher sizes using the Larger Map Sizes Mod in the past that had working great people, but my most recent one did not have great people available. As a test I made a quick bare bones map with minimum mods but at the same size as my flawed map randomly generated in world build and let it generate a map mod to use in a custom game. I created an advanced custom single player game in this test map and great people showed up as available on turn 1, whereas in the flawed map all GP slots said 'everyone of this type has been claimed' (or a vaguely similar statement)

I followed the instructions on this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/c78in3/in_world_builder_is_there_a_way_to_remove_mod/

To view the world builder save file of my flawed map and compare it to the version that was correct.

This is the Map table of my flawed map.

upload_2020-9-3_22-19-32.png

This is the map table for the working worldbuilder save map

upload_2020-9-3_22-21-11.png

All I had to do was put a valid value in the MapSizeType column and started a new game from my flawed map and it worked, I had all GP possibilities listed on turn one. Note that I also tried to reload my flawed map into Worldbuilder and resave, but the cell ended up blank again, so next time I edited the blank cell I did not reopen it worldbuilder before I created a new custom game off the corrected map.

I do not know if this fix will correct game saves that have missing GP, probably not. But you can fix it if your willing to start over a game and it can salvage maps you might have otherwise though had become irretrievably broken, if you didn't want to play without GP.