No happy people

About giving back cities- I will say NO.

This cities are very near to as, upkeep would be minimum, even including colonial expenses.

The more land we have - easier will be to capitulate bigger AI. So, I am in favor to keep them in order to claim a bit more land.

if I get a breather from my damn school project I'm trying not to rant about... :p

Haha, that feels familiar to me :) Excellent progress guys! Seems we are only a war or two away from victory...

Speaking of which, I didn't get the breather, maybe today, latest tomorrow when my !"#¤!&%#"/%&" is over.

^^ I don't think the cities give us much land, since they're severely culture-pressed. I'll keep that in mind though when I actually start playing.

Sleepwalker set, this game is in the bag more or less. Will take a few turnsets to go through the motions.

Minor gripes about not pillaging food resource roads and building crap, oh well, the game has entered the mop-up phase pretty much so micro isn't really the biggest issue.

Peter capitulated, next target is probably KK, we're out of soft targets so we may need a period of buildup. I'm not sure about upgrading, IMO no upgrading Cannon to Arty or Musket to Rifle since money is very precious and we want to get to draft Inf soon. We can whip Arty anyway. Infra is mostly done so should revolt to Theo.

Not much to say otherwise, really. KK has a hefty SoD but it should be easy to trap it into Cheju and collateral it into nothingness once we get some more troops across. Next turnset might just be buildup if we want to be sure, dunno.

Didn't gift any cities back, didn't look necessary and as Muti said we should keep the cities closest to home to get more land for domi/enemy capitulation without huge maintenance costs.

Techwise should go AL, then maybe Flight since we get Radio from Peter, or Tanks. Peter is on Mass Media, dunno if we have enough votes to win without taking on WvO though. Probably not, even if we manage to build it instead of Peter. WvO is willing to trade Railroad but not without military techs so probably a bad idea.

Attachments

• OSS AD-1665.CivBeyondSwordSave
    354.9 KB · Views: 80
We have 0.8 of KK's power. If we upgrade cannons to artillery and take out that stack, I'm pretty sure we can capitulate him. If we then pick up mass media and give it to Willem for him to build the UN, we can win pretty quickly. Peter building the UN would mean that we either butter up Willem or go the military route to the end.

Roster:
shyuhe
mysty
Silu just played
Ras - UP
bbp (on deck)
Mutineer

What about pillaging resources silu? Any resource we (illegally) have connected can be gifted to AIs so wth...

You say no upgrading in favour of techs. What techs? What good do us techs when we don't use them? Until drafted infantry enter the show, it'll be long over if we upgrade now.

Huh? You can't gift :):):):) to Civs that have it, vassal or no. Corporations notwithstanding of course.

About tech, I'd like to go AL before upgrades, but if people think we don't need to take on WvO to win then at least by all means upgrade everything. WvO will very probably get Inf (his vassal has it) before we get over there, taking on Inf without Inf is sketchy at best considering WvO is the biggest AI.

I just think if we want to ever get Inf, we're better off getting them before massing upgrades, to be able to build them. Taking over Mongolia earlier is useless if it doesn't net us a win right away and if we have to wait for Inf to get to WvO regardless.

Got the save... looks nicely done from the report :)
Should post a plan tonight unless I have to cry a bit after the football evening.

BTW, now that I'm thinking about it, if KK researches AL next (we have EP to see, he just finished Combustion), then definitely upgrade Artys ASAP and declare so he doesn't have time to upgrade his monster stack to Infs. Main cannon stack is 3 tiles away from an upgradeable tile, could upgrade and be in declaration position in 4-5 turns. Cannon->Arty is 170g tho so we don't have $$$ to upgrade very many... I was thinking we almost could declare without Cannons as well - there's a big big chance he'll take Cheju with his monster stack which would leave him wide open for a CR Cannon counterattack. Main prob for us in that plan would be the relatively low number of units, ANY units, even muskets would do fine.

^ That sounds like a reasonable plan to me.
I never know what you need for a diplo win. Do we have votes if we cap KK?

Should post a plan tonight unless I have to cry a bit after the football evening.
You a Bayern fan?

You a Bayern fan?

:lol: Yeah, right :p

Add to the 0-3 defeat of lyons the 0-4 defeat of PSG and you'll get quite a lot of tears from our frenchie ;) :D

You a Bayern fan?

OK, it is on :scan:

:lol: Yeah, right :p

Add to the 0-3 defeat of lyons the 0-4 defeat of PSG and you'll get quite a lot of tears from our frenchie ;) :D

yesterday was hard indeed :lol:

And with Domenech we can add a few more months. :lol:

:aargh: So true, only good thing that will come out the world cup for France is a new coach after the berezina...

Is that why he's been so quiet lately? :)

Nope, it just adds to the pain :) Will post a plan in the evening (famous last words...).

Ok, It appears the discussion between Silu and Mysty pretty much covered everything...

I would tech AL before starting upgrades unless KK choose that path as well, it seems the safest path (and the blood bath will be for someone else this way :D)... If we are going to war in this turnset anyway, using Cheju as trap for KK's stack as Silu described it seems the way to go :goodjob:

Will start mass artis whipping though, switching in theo, and add some other units to the mix ("moppers")...

About the UN possibility: Peter is likely to ask both Steam Power and artillery for radio and then AL for MM if he doesn't tech it himself... is there a consensus on trades?

Thoughts, reminders (except "pillage what can't be gifted", got this one ;))?

Cheers,
Ras

Random thought: when trading crap to Peter that all don't have (esp Artillery), take "stop trading with everyone" in return as well if possible. No need to get a repeat from last game where our last target gets to give us surprise military buttsechs.

Currently playing :cool:

The report:

t243: change some city micro, bring back troops to upgrade tile. Switch part of our EPs on KK so we keep research visibility.

t244: KK goes for flight (no dow in my set then). a Great Spy is born in our capital, he goes toward our fleet to be sailed oversea (in case we want to do an infiltration).
WvO switchs in war-mode... seeing his relations, we might very well be the target (he hates Wang) :D
We trade radio against SP+arti +505 gold (heavy price). Switch EPs off KK.

t245: I starts IW in the NP city (we didn't talk about this, but I saw signs so... I don't think it's worthwhile but I assumed this was discussed while I was away).
Switch in theo now (bit sloppy, some units were produced without the bonus :blush:).

t246: Russians beat americans to Rock and Roll this time... Peter welcomes me with a "Swing baby!" :confused: (EPs back on KK, the bugger must be focusing us)

t247: Korean revolt in Hyangsan, I move the stack one tile back to deals with this. The GS fortifies itself in Nampo. We pillage hideous bananas!

t248: A spy gets caught in mongolian land, fine, I order some more...

t249: There is a small stack near one of Wang city, I moved back the airships (there are 3 more in a safer location which allow sufficient visibility anyway) in case WvO dows IBT.

t250: AP resolution, WvO wants to win, but we abstain. Peter gets a GE (I am worried he rushs UN). We pillage rice and fish.

t251: AL completes and I stop. Wvo gets 236 votes and fails (he needs 279 to win). Peter rushs Hollywood, and KK gets a GG (no war, maybe privaters, I can't recall if facism was taken...). I pillage my fourth resource :cool:

That's pretty much it... uneventfull round I might say :)

Top Bottom