No, I don't have financial troubles.

stoferb

Prince
So I'm playing this game with revolutions turned on. I have expanded quite agressively. And now it says I'm in financial trouble. Sure running sliders on 100% would ruin me in the long run, but already on 10% taxes I'm making a decent income instead. I don't think 10% taxes would cause that much instability that it negates all the good things I've done for stability, all the national stability civics yet available and the porcelain tower.

Another thing is the problem of trading goods with the AI. They always insist on these ridiculous trades. No I will not give you all my money and techs for some silk that you will stop sending me after 20 turns. The AI really needs to learn to evaluate realistically what a resource is worth.

I wouldn't worry about the financial troubles bit too much.

I've had that, had 50K in the bank, making over 1K per turn and had over 50 cities on a continental domination.

I think it hard coded into rev, and sets some parameters, that my work for a smaller map, but on larger maps, it breaks down. ( I play Giant/Gigantic only)

I think also, it may have to do with your Civics chosen. I've just learnt to ignore that part.

If you are not spending 60%+ on science+espionage+culture then you have Financial Problems. It is a definition ;). It is not the amount of money.

There is also a minimum amount of gold you need in your treasury per era if you have lower then that you have Financial Problems. I don't know the numbers but I was told you need 3000 in Classical Era and more in later eras.

It does scale by map size and I think by game speed.

Ok thanks Dancing. I guess it's the gold reserve then because I'm currently spending 85% on science+culture+espionage.

Top Bottom