Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Attolic, Jul 13, 2016.
I installed mod launched and when i play a game i dont see interface
A missing UI usually indicates something wrong in the python. Since you only did an install it sounds like a bad install or download. (Unless you installed over an old copy - not a good idea)
1) Delete the folder you installed it to eg Mods\Caveman2Cosmos and try again.
2) If that does not work you will need to do another download and try that.
I already reinstalled this its new v36 from moddb I dont know other place to download (Civ version is Civ 4 complete edition maybe its something with it ?)
Did you place Caveman2Cosmos Mod in the same Mod folder that BtS has the Mods that comes with it? Like FFH (Fall from Heaven Mod). Perhaps show us the Directory path Where you installed the Mod.
And I will give you a Link here in a minute for the v36 Patched version which has significant improvements over the v36 official release.
EDIT: Here is the link location, https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6VuHphw5zHzcnFqZUcxMFl4Q1U&export=download It is a Full version download. After you have that we can Update you even further if you wish (I highly recommend it).
I Installed to this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods and new version is now downloading
2 things to make sure of after your D/L:
1. Check that there is not a 2nd Caveman2Cosmos folder inside the 1st Caveman2Cosmos Folder
2. When you go thru the BtS Advanced Options screen to Load a Mod and you have then selected Caveman2Cosmos from the list (it should show up in the list with the other Default mods) select a Play Now game. Go thru the selections and then launch the mod. Warning it will take a few minutes for the Mod to Load the 1st time! Don't get impatient. Once the Mod starts play only 1 turn and then exit that game. You have now cleared a cache that would affect the proper displaying of the Mod and it's interface.
You should now be able to go back and Select a Custom Game for Caveman2Cosmos where you will have a much much larger set of Options to choose from.
One more thing make sure you are logged in on your computer as Administrator this solves tons of problems with using BtS and it's Mods.
Ok thanks everything work (I think)
I dont know if its problem or not but every first technologies are 1 turn
(Question was stupid on 2 try everything works completly fine)
i dont have a interface too...4 me a reinstall of the mod didnt work. BTS works fine, but in c2c (newest svn version and vs36) i just dont have a ui.
Did you do the Play Now trick to clear your Cache? See post #6 in this thread.
And surely you do Not have 2 copies of Caveman2Cosmos in your BtS/Mods folder do you?
You probably popped a research granting goodie hut when you planted your city.
so i should just start BTS, then choose the mod from the list and click on the play now ! option (click few times ok until the game is loading)? Then just make one turn and leave to the desktop (without saving) ? if yes, i did it. When i start the game and the mod there is still no interface. If i start BTS only there is the interface.
The problem started as i copied the latest svn version (complete) to to the mods folder in bts directory. F1 doesnt work, crtl+alt+o also doesnt work. And of course still no interface. I dont know how to clear the cache manually because there is no cache folder.
You do need to Save the Play Now after the 1st turn. Sorry for forgetting to say that.
When you go thru BtS and you have interface, then Do you also go thru BtS then Advanced to the Choice "Load A Mod" and then select C2C from the list? Or are you using a shortcut to Caveman2Cosmos?
And how did you get Civ IV BtS, as an Expansion, from Civ Complete, or from Steam? It does matter.
Details it is always in the details.
first of all i have to make it clear that i dont have the interface in the game. I am missing the minimap, the unit interface, F1 key doesnt work, ctrl+alt+o doesnt work and so on...
My details are:
i have the civ IV complete version, not the steam version.
I start the game with a shortcut (mod= mods\c2csvn line added to the bts exe).
The folder containing the mod should be called EXACTLY Caveman2Cosmos. c2csvn is wrong and can trigger certain bugs. Please rename the folder to "Caveman2Cosmos" and adapt the shortcut.
lol, this is it ! the interface is back ...it seems that everything works now !
Thank you noriad and joseph !
edit: except the F1 key and the advisor button ...???
EDIT: Ninja'd by Noriad2! Thank you Noriad2.
Yes do exactly as Noriad2 says. Very critical that the Mod folder must be named Caveman2Cosmos. And I understood you had no interface, just did not catch that you had named the Mod c2csvn.
In addition do these steps as well.
1. empty out your current UserSetting Folder, Delete all files inside it.
2. do a Play Now Game. Take turn 1 and play it. Then (This is Very Important) Save the game, then Exit that game and Exit to Desktop.
3. Then start up Caveman2Cosmos and Start a New Custom Game. Once you start the Custom Game, on the initial turn before you do anything else, go into BUG and re set All the settings to your preferred way of playing. (Sidenote: Stack Limit can give longer turn times if set to anything besides the 0 (unlimited setting). In fact it can lead to game hang up at the End of Turn (EoT) wait. )
4. Then Save the game immediately. And then Save it again. (when it asks to Overwrite click Yes) This will set the User Settings Folder to the Current version and back to your preferred settings.
Oh... Great. So the mod is literally unplayable for me then. I had to shorten the folder to "C2C" because the filepath on some of the individual files was too long for Windows to handle with the default name... My Mod folder filepath is as follows:
D:\Program Files (x86)\Games\DD\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
I think it is also possible to put the mod into <User>\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS - is this also possible with the Steam version?
Second: You could always create a second steam library folder and put BTS there.
Edit: In the Steam settings, under Downloads, there should be an icon to set a different Steam library. Of course, you would have to reinstall BTS and choose the new library.
Separate names with a comma.