No Map Replay Graphics?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by The Ferret, May 2, 2018.

1. The Ferret

The Ferret Chieftain

Hey everyone, newcomer from CIV 5 :cool:

Really enjoying it so far, however apparently there is no map replay? For those of you who don't remember, this is what it was like:

I use to love seeing how all the empires grew and how the borders changed over time. It gave great satisfaction re-seeing all the important events that happened over the course of the game.

Do the devs ever plan to bring this feature to CIV 6?

2. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

Yes! I loved that! We can only hope it will make a return one day...

The Ferret likes this.
  3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

this would be especially interesting to see given current loyalty mechanics how empires you know... rise and fall.

The Ferret likes this.
  4. The Ferret

The Ferret Chieftain

Same! Was a such a good feeling seeing how your civilization transformed from one city to a massive sprawling empire
    Is there any mods for it?

5. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I miss this, and the generally far more useful minimap from V. The minimaps since have been barely useable atrocities (Beyond Earth, VI). Both of the subsequent attempts have failed to handle contrast effectively, vastly limiting their use. VI goes one step even worse, by covering water tiles with country colors. And then another step by making the city indicators too significant, blocking out bits of the map. Seriously, I hate the minimap, which this feature would make use of. (Maybe the minimap made the replay so terrible they decided against it?)

#rantover #mybadguys #maplover

6. The Ferret

The Ferret Chieftain

Only on my first play through and have to agree that the minimap is just horrible compared to Civ 5. Disappointed there's no replay graphics, doesn't even appear to be any mods for it! :(

7. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I reached out to Sarah, to see if they were considering improving the minimap:

Sarah Darney (@sbar713) Tweeted:
    @DRWilsonIII Thanks for reaching out! No promises, but I can certainly pass along the usability feedback for consideration. :) https://twitter.com/sbar713/status/995060572717830145?s=17

tzu, The Ferret and sonicmyst like this.