No Mods In Offline Mode

Nite Owl

Chieftain
Has anyone else noticed that since the hotfix to v1.0.2.21 you cannot use any mods you have gotten from the Steam Workshop if Steam is in Offline Mode. Almost all of the mods I use have been obtained from the Steam Workshop with the exception of two. If I try and start the game in Steam's Offline Mode all of the mods obtained from the the Steam Workshop disappear leaving only the two that I downloaded from other sources available. This is not a large problem since the game is still perfectly playable in Online Mode. This is simply an annoying problem as there are those of us that prefer not to have our endless hours of playtime logged into our Steam accounts. Please advise.

Yes Nite Owl I mentioned it in the hotfix talk but will now say it again as more serious. If you subscribe to mods via Steam, then go off-line and restart the game, some or all of the mods will be deleted which will either cause errors in your game or even worse what happened to me is that it took Windows 7 Explorer down because the link to the mod files is broken by the deletion which violates the file system process.

The fix is:
1. Download all your mods you need
2. Unsubscribe all your mods in the workshop
3. Go offline from Steam
4. Delete your cache
5. Start the game and install your mods

This bug is SERIOUS because if an internet connection is unreliable, the game player can think that they are online, then start up civ5 and then find that all their mods have been deleted because Steam thinks that you are off-line.

Cheers

I was hoping it was just a bug to be fixed, but after the patch and the fix it is still impossible to play with mods in offline mode. I play fine while online, but once I go offline the mods just disappear and any attempt to load a save game with mods crashes the game. This makes absolutly no sense in my mind. Is it just me? What gives?

This bug is particularly nasty for people on wireless connections that want to play civ off-line because the link is unreliable. People with laptops for example. When Civ5 deletes the mods without telling you, if you eventually work out what happened but then do not have an internet connection, you cannot re-download the mods that were deleted. For me, I have been forced to unsubscribe from Steam workshop and install my mods manually. Then off-line mode works (at least so far it seems to work).

Cheers

I too am having this problem. I'm running Civ 5 GOTY Edition, patched to 1.0.2.21. I downloaded one mod from this site, R.E.D. Modpack (v.23), while I downloaded two others, namely Combat Medic (v.2) and Unofficial Patch and Vanilla Enhanced (v.167) from Steam. I tried the fix listed above, but at the end of it all the game will only see the RED pack and I need the other two to run my savegame!! The files are there in my MODS folder, the game just simply won't see them unless I'm online. I don't have a reliable net connection and I'm sure the older version of the game had the ability to navigate to the MODS folder manually from the game to install mods already there. Is there any way to fix this? Very frustrating!!

Top Bottom