No MODS Warning mod (and a stand alone no legit screen)

Vortaka

Chieftain
Hi everybody, I hate it so much that each time you click on MOD in the MainMenu, it just goes to a paranoia state telling you it's bad (even thought it's really for good!). Anyway...

Two things were needed to do it... I modded both MainMenu.lua and MainMenu.xml... Very easy (I don't even have the toolkit!). I just redirected the mod "button" from the original in MainMenu.xml & lua to the one that was in EULA.xml and lua. So that instead of going to EULA.xml (The paranoia element) it went straight to ModMenu!

P.S. This mod is without any warranty what so ever... (But works 100% for me!)

P.P.S. Since my version is english, if you have any other, just change that one line that is needed in the files!
Don't forgot to backup your files then!

P.P.S.S. it's in "where ever you installed civ5"\assets\UI\FrontEnd
The original backup english files are in the zip (_MainMenu.xml & lua)
But I repeat myself again, they are in english!

Please, if it works for you, please tell me! Oh and, thanks or credits for this little mod/tweak are ok too!

Oh, here's the no legal screen from rackam77 too and the credits goes to him (cause his mod was the one that made me start mine!)! (I've just put it as a stand alone zip file), You'll find the legalscreen.xml and lua at the same place as mine!

Isn't modding great?

Attachments

• RemoveLegalScreen.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 144
  • NoModWarning.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 133
It's already been done. I posted the link to this in the other thread, I guess you missed it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=387430

I'm not sure I understand you clearly, as the mod you linked to provides neither of these effects, nor does it appear to be mentioned anywhere in that thread.

The mods warning has always really annoyed me because I test my mods frequently, and as a result have seen that warning hundreds of times already.

Edit: Thank you so much Vortaka, this is already making my workflow feel so much better.

I've also attached a second .zip file with modified FrontEnd.lua, MainMenu.lua and MainMenu.xml files that will disable both legal screens (the one at game startup and the one when entering the mods menu). Make a backup of these files then extract the .zip into your Assets/UI/FrontEnd folder and overwrite. **Not tested with multiplayer**

Right there in the 1st post:D

I missed it too, that's why I posted it (noted it in the title!)
Well, at least it helped someone! Yippe! :p

P.S. I know I should have put the instructions in the zip files... I did not and I'm sorry! Just read the first post!

Awesome work there fella

Except now, with the .621 update, it FORCES you to the >insert expletive here< mod warning screen... And you can't use these files to bypass (tried)...

The main screen ignore still works... until they decide we need to be forced to read that Effin thing every Effin time we play the game.

I've looked at the XML and the LUA and there's 1 difference in both files (removed/disabled/changed no dice)...

Which means the ASSES (and I mean that from pure fury at Firaxis) have encoded the >insert another expletive here< in the >a string of expletives here< .dll file.

Are you asses SO worried about losing out on DLC money you're going to continue to gimp us? Just come out and say "EF you modders! You get nothing!"

Seriously... piss poor documentation on Function calls (i.e. NONE), screwing us on dds files, sound files, art in general... Now this... AND IT'S A LITTLE EFFIN THING THAT SAVES ANNOYING US MODDERS!!!

If the attitude towards us modders is 'go to hell', then have the effin balls to just say it.

And to think, I got back into modding _because_ you guys said you were going to support us, give us the tools, and eventually the source code... And the fact that I love civ and have been playing it since the day I was released and I get my grubby mitts on it...

Yea, I suppose you've lived up to 'giving us the tools'... except their gimped to hell and back... You supported us by giving the ability to make mods.. except they're gimped on what we can do because you've locked down/screwed up on packaging things.

Still looking for a way to bypass the little bastard... but I'm not hopeful.

GAH... sorry to hijack and rant, but I'm Effin pissed right now... _1_ freaking thing... _1_ LITTLE freakin thing... An Effin "Nag Screen".

@Mynex
Not sure what you're ranting about. I'm on .621, I just found this thread, and I've been able to bypass the mods EULA screen. However, I ended up using the Cope's FrontEnd.zip version at
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=387430. I didn't try this one, maybe it doesn't work any more, but the other one should. If one mod can do it, then they clearly didn't make it impossible.

Anyway... I found this mod a bit of a pain to implement. I initially plugged these mod components into my private mod - I don't like whacking stuff in the Assets file. I was puzzled when I couldn't get any of these things to work. Then I realized that any front end UI mods like these MUST replace the original files in Assets, because your mods aren't loaded yet at that point. Seems obvious now, but it took me a while to realize it. So I pulled them out of my mod, replaced my Assets, and it works (at least Cope's version, I didn't go back & try these 2 here).

Something to be aware of: Patch .621 add in the "1" at the end of the version number via code in the vanilla version MainMenu.lua. If you replace the file with one of these, your version will appear to revert to .62! I guess their version numbering system couldn't handle a third decimal place. I'm not sure why they chose to do this hack instead of just going to .63 - maybe they're trying to avoid a more comprehensive QA process by their publisher by pretending it's a very minor fix?

@Mynex
Not sure what you're ranting about.
>snip<

Aye the other one works... I see the LUA changes s/he made to make it work...

As for what I was ranting about... In general, disgust that they have to make things more difficult than they need to be... and something that little (and damned annoying) totally caught me off guard... add in a very looooooong, bad day... well, ya get a rant.

After a few days off from modding stuff, I'm back at it now... now to see what else I can butt my head into. :x

Thanks for pointing out the other fix, much appreciated!

Top Bottom