No more civs, but more leaders?

saneman

Chieftain
Assuming that we have another expansion or sequel to Civ4, I think it is more important to have more than one leader for each civilization. Right now, some civs have 3 leaders... while others have only one.

We should do more to provide alternative leaders from significantly different historical period (if possible) to give each civs more playing values.

What do you think?

Yeah, we are kinda cived out, but there are still a few more Civs that could be included, after those are in then it's time for more leaders for standalone civs (standalone meaning one leader).

More leaders yes!

Ludwig Maximillian for German empire(philisophical&creative)

More everything IMO :p

I would really like more modern leaders (and civs) especially, though. We have oodles of ancient leaders, let's get some more recent ones (recent to me is ~100 years ago).

We need at least two leaders for every civ before we can whine about Poland. Too many ancient leaders cannot but reinforce sterotyes of civilization involved.

So? it would be so Awesome to have her

I would be laughing the whole game while i build coal mines and whip my workers :)

The only hard part of giving multiple leaders to each civ is making the leader heads, there is mods that add so so so many new leaders to all the civs, but they have to use pictures instead of animated heads.

If people can do without animated heads theres nothing stopping them having 3-4 leaders per civ.

Edit:Ataturk has destroyed the Ottoman Empire.It can't be done i think.

I wouldn't say he destroyed it. He saved it from collapsing onto itself by hanging on to Turkey and by trying to reshape what was left into a modern, secular state. In my opinion Ataturk would make a fine addition to the game..

As for more leaders, I would definitely be in favour of that, but I'm not sure how many should be added for the Civs that were already with us back in Civ Vanilla.. (Unless ofcourse they still only have one leader, such as Spain, which could really do with a Philip II or a Charles V)

Obviously the Civs that need more leaders would be the ones added in Warlords and BtS.. People like Lenin would make a nice addition, but that would give Russia four leaders, which seems a bit excessive, given that other Civs have only one leader..

I'm not that good at making lists, but here a few off the top of my head that seem like a nice addition:
- Germany: Wilhelm II (just because of the moustache)
- Netherlands: William III
- Rome / Italy: Garibaldi
- England: Henry VIII
- Spain: Philip II / Charles V
- Ottomans: Ataturk
- Portugal: Henry the Navigator
- Japan: Emperor Mutsuhito (Meiji)

Ataturk - dont know enough about him
Lenin - Philisopical (has a political philosopy named after him, and Organised
Nasser - Charismatic, Industrious
Khomeini - Spiritual, Charismatic
Kim Ill Sung - Aggressive, Protective
Tito - Organised, Industrious

I do not want a crazy communist pyscho in the game, we already have mao ze dong.

I would like to see another less religious spanish leader

I wouldn't say he destroyed it. He saved it from collapsing onto itself by hanging on to Turkey and by trying to reshape what was left into a modern, secular state. In my opinion Ataturk would make a fine addition to the game..

"Destruction" is too harsh, I accept it.But he removed Sultanate and Califate.Country renamed Turkey.Well he was an Ottoman general at least.Maybe he can in.
When he approaches as Ottoman leader,i think his trait must be Charismatic(His Officers have promoted after first Battle)&Industrious(He tried industrailize the country).Fav civic:Suffrage.
Adding Atatürk to the game would be a good marketing step for Firaxis.They can sell ten times more copies in Turkey.

It is maybe a little weird,but i think,that Johann Cruyff would be a perfect addition to the game as an great artist.

"Destruction" is too harsh, I accept it.But he removed Sultanate and Califate.Country renamed Turkey.Well he was an Ottoman general at least.Maybe he can in.
When he approaches as Ottoman leader,i think his trait must be Charismatic(His Officers have promoted after first Battle)&Industrious(He tried industrailize the country).Fav civic:Suffrage.
Adding Atatürk to the game would be a good marketing step for Firaxis.They can sell ten times more copies in Turkey.

It is maybe a little weird,but i think,that Johann Cruyff would be a perfect addition to the game as an great artist.

Free Religion seems better as he establish one very important trait of modern turkey, secularity and the seperation of church and state

Trust me,Turkey has many problems now about Religion.I dislike to put it this way,but i believe in ten years we have no more choice for Religion.But we are struggling now for this Free Religion civic.

With this Fact i will vote for Suffrage.

I would like to see another less religious spanish leader

I don't believe there are any.. Every single Spanish leader from Isabella to Franco has been very religious (and it defines the history of Spain for a major part: the struggle to remove Islam from the Iberian Peninsula), so I don't think there are any Spanish leaders without that trait..

Haha, yeah.. There are plenty of good athletes who don't seem to be included with the game in the great people lists..

I'd say...

Japan:
Hirohito, Industrious/Expansive
Oda Nobunaga, Aggressive/Expansive

China:
Cao Cao, Aggressive/Charismatic

Rome:
Marcus Aurelius, Creative/Expansive

Egypt:
Akhetaten, Philosophical/Spiritual

Greece:
Agamemnon, Expansive/Organised