No more smoking city, another cheat from a.i. ?

I know, Dadoo, (sigh), I suppose I just enjoy people thronging the streets complaining about the lack of happiness improvements. It all seems too much like hard work to me. Make sure you link up to luxuries quickly, and build lots of temples and happiness wonders seems to work for me, I don't have civil disorder everywhere, but I think the occasional riot has advantages over the city governers' sometimes stupid mistakes. (controversial statement... here we go). I suppose it depends on what you're aiming to get out of your cities.

Well, cymru, I usually go for a middle ground with my cities. I'll use the governor, unless there's a particular reason not to. That is, if I find I am dissatisfied with the governor's choice in a particular city, I'll take the governor off that city for a while. For me, that works out better than leaving the governor off all of them.

I tryed to use governor to emphasis food, after i built hospital so my city will grow fast, but guess what he did, he assign citizen on mined mountain with railroad ( which give no food) unsteed of coastal tile ( which give 2 food ).

I fired him right away because if i let him do the job my city will grow in 8 turn, if i do the job, my city grow in 4 turn, Talk about a food emphasis.

:rant: Governor

I did more investigation to find out what happen in a.i. behavior through war and happiness. Most of you know that before 1.29 a.i. switch commi pretty soon in war and collapse later on by drafting to much. So firaxis did something to fix that.

In my last game ( regent, std continent map, against 4 a.i. ) i wipe out aztec and iroquois pretty soon with knight and drag grece into this war with an alliance. Those 3 a.i. were on my continent and chinese left alone on a middle size continent. I wage my war as a monarchy and conqiere or built 24 very good city in medieval era.

Later on Grece declare war on me ( i was democraty ) but my cavalry kick their but, i raze 3-4 of their city and then stop my invasion to keep them alive, i drag chinese into war with them with an alliance.

here what happen, they wage war within themselve from 600 A.D to 1700 A.d and they were both democraty. So i investigate their city to look about their happiness, i saw a grece city size 12 with 6 entertainer and starving 4 food. This city had temple, cathedral,coliseum inside of it and 2 luxuries.

Around only 1800A.D grece switch commi and chinese republic ( i was selling them luxuries to help them).

So this kind of behavior is pretty strange, for sure their city wont riot and wont smoke like before but they wage war as democraty and create bunch of entertainer to a point of starvation. So their city become very weak.

I easily won a space race in 1900 while they were in the middle on industrial era.

Top Bottom