1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No more stupid search for native villages

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Raubwuerger, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Raubwuerger

Raubwuerger Chieftain

Since I played WTP I had one "big" problem. Finding the damned native village with the one profession I didn't got yet. Once I needed 15 minutes to find the damned village with profession for Hemp Planter. And best of all, it was nearby my territory ...:crazyeye:

But now this times are gone ...:)

I improved the Domestic Advisor a littel bit. So when you click on a row in the table "Native info" and close
    the Domestic Advisor, the native village will be centered on the map. I'm so damned proud of me :king:...

Click once on a row.
    upload_2020-9-17_17-13-37.png

Leave the Domestic Advisor
    upload_2020-9-17_17-14-25.png

The map is centered on the village ...

2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Great quality of life improvement. :thumbsup:
    Thanks. :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

Will these changes with the advisor be integrated into 2.8.1 or will they be integrated into the full-fledged 2.9?

4. Tugboatspotter

Tugboatspotter Warlord

I have experienced this frustration so thank you very much for this improvement.

5. Nenos

Nenos Chieftain

6. HermanHeydt

HermanHeydt Chieftain

Ah, this one is really great, is gonna help out a lot :thumbsup:

7. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I was tasked with figuring out why this feature stopped working correctly if the user sorted the list. That was a long trip down the rabbit hole and I ended up going "screw it" and started on my planned domestic advisor rewrite to make the code clean and faster (avoiding the lag when the domestic advisor opens). Behold here is the brand new native advisor, which has more or less 100% of the code rewritten to match a new structure.
    Native advisor.JPG
    I added "jump to settlement" buttons to the left. Rather than clicking anywhere on the line, you have to click the button. This is for technical reasons, but I do find it better as it's more consistent with the other tables where the button makes you jump to the colony.

I added help text to the desired cargo and which expert the settlement can teach. Also if you click one of those, it will now open the colopedia page for the cargo/unit in question. This might be more important for new players than experienced ones, but I assume it's still a nice addon for everybody.

This will be in the next release, but it's entirely possible the "jump to settlement" icon will not be the European colony icon once it's released.

8. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

You could simply use the icon of one of the Native Building Buttons (e.g. Chikee).
    Should be good enough. :thumbsup:

ART_DEF_BUILDING_CHICKEE
    Art/colonization_atlas_buildings.dds,1,6

Nightinggale likes this.
  9. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I did that and it works fine. I also added a column for trading posts. It's like the mission column, except all players use the same icon (we lack player specific icons for this).

raystuttgart likes this.