No MSI Afterburner OSD Since Patch?

Barns

Chieftain
The moment I downloaded the recent patch and resumed my game, my on-screen display of GPU and CPU temperature disappeared. It's been working fine on many, many games for years.

I knew I hadn't changed any settings, but I checked through all the settings in MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner to make sure they were still set up correctly. I even disabled and then re-enabled the OSD, but to no avail.

I live in a hot country atm and, especially on a Huge map, I really need to keep an eye on my CPU temp atm for various technical reasons.

Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone been able to solve it or have any idea how to do so?

Alternatively, is there another programme which simply displays GPU/CPU temps on-screen?

Thanks in advance.

osd doesnt work in dx12

are you running the dx12 or dx11 version?

Ah, that'll be why then! Running the DX12 version since I presumed it would be better than 11. However I've seen people say elsewhere that it hardly makes any difference. For some reason, it doesn't even give me the choice at the start now so I can't go back to 11.

Thanks a lot for replying jadel.

Is there an CPU/GPU temp display programme temp display programme that does wotk with DX 12?

Actually if you get the newest Beta version/s of afterburner they have dx12 support. Im not sure if its perfect or not but it might work. (check guru3d.com for those)

Right click the game in steam and it shows launch options, normal or dx12.

I use dx12 too, but i cant see any difference to be honest.

Top Bottom