No negative health from captured city?

Lily_Lancer

Deity
I just purchased Rising Tide and played on it. One thing I noticed is that when I capture a city, I actually receive no rebellion, no anarchy time, and even no negative health from the captured city.

On the contrary, I received full yield from them, full science, food, production, etc, including positive health from health buildings inside that city.

Is this designed in this way in Rising Tide?

That depends on if you make it a puppet which it sounds like what you've described. Puppets are great in the ways you describe, but you can't control what it builds, etc. Once you fully accept it, via choice at capture or at any time later, then you get all the negative effects for a time based on population.

After that time, it will function like any other city you've settled. It is pretty widely accepted that puppeting is not a very good strategy. I would only use it if you are really bad off on health and want some time to pump it up before absorbing the hit.

There exist a bug that, when you capture a city, it will skip the conquering popup and instead just give the city to you, and when that happens, the city itself does not cause any health penalties as long as its yours (the population still does though). While modding, I've tried to find out what is the cause for this issue, but couldn't really figure out what's causing it - it seems to happen arbitrarily, but more often to land-cities than aquatic ones.

There exist a bug that, when you capture a city, it will skip the conquering popup and instead just give the city to you, and when that happens, the city itself does not cause any health penalties as long as its yours (the population still does though). While modding, I've tried to find out what is the cause for this issue, but couldn't really figure out what's causing it - it seems to happen arbitrarily, but more often to land-cities than aquatic ones.

No, my situation is different. It skipped the conquering popup, but it act like no negative health. No negative health from city number nor population inside that city. A total 0 instead of "no penalty".

BTW another question is that I see aliens all have 25% stronger base melee strength than they tend to be. How does this happen?( e.g., base strength of siege worm is 62, but sometimes I find a 77 strength one. )

That certainly seems like exactly the situation Ryika described. I have not encountered that bug to my knowledge.

The biome effects the number and strength of aliens. That's probably why you see a difference.

Top Bottom