No one declares war on me after Classical

Only 2 wars on me this game. I set up a map to give the AI room to expand. I wanted to help them more, and give myself a little more challenge. The map graph seems to indicate more than 2 wars against me, makes me wonder how accurate that graph is (edit: I think it included the 2 city states that also declared on me during that joint war). Despite Pedro threatening me all game with putting a lot of units up on my border, he never attacked. I kept having to juggle units from place to place as he moved them around I guess looking for a weak spot. I really thought he'd attack. Only Giglamesh and Catherin of France (bug because she was my long time ally and went back to being my ally after the war) attacked me. I think this all but confirms that the more room the AI has, the less likely they are to attack. I often put more Civs in the game, I often try to put every single civ in the game except both Greece's, and that's one reason I always get hit by more than 20 wars every game, sometimes more than 45 wars against me.

See the mini map I enlarged to show how hilariously the AI expanded my game. They don't know what to do with all that space. :lol: They settled in the worst spots leaving nice spots open. And don't even try to keep their cities together.

Map: Greatest Earth (large size from the Yam mod), no barbarians. 8 civs. Screenshot taken the turn of my cultural victory.

TLDR: Giving the AI room to expand does lower the number of wars against you. The more civs you add, the more wars against you it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom