no options/ui

hajlektalan

Chieftain
hi until now c2c worked perfectly but today ive tried to start the game and options button do nothing in game menu and when the game starts there is no ui at all. i can still play tho.. any suggestion? i was following the steam version tutorial have the beta version now, also reinstalled c2c but no luck.

thanks in advance

What language do you play the game in? We've had some code errors happening with some languages due to string encoding mess.
If you backup and reuse old UserSettings folder, then you probably need to delete it and let it recreate with default values.
Deleting old "...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini" file sometimes fixes weird stuff too.

Mod folder can't be in Documents - it must be in Mods folder, that is located in folder where BTS exe is, and must be named Caveman2Cosmos

Last edited:
Mod folder can't be in Documents, and must be named Caveman2Cosmos
Sorry but please stop saying this, implying it can be anywhere else. There's only one place it can be, namely the same place as the BtS exe.

Today i started and works as before. i have deleted usersettings earlier but it didnt resolved the problem. i ve been waiting couple of days til now and everything is fine again. strange. Thanks for the help !

Top Bottom