1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No peace agreement is acceptable

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Markus5, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

I've been at war forever with Teddy. No peace agreement is acceptable. Eventually, I'll need to march across the continent and kick him. But, now, I just want to play nice in my little corner of the world.

Any ideas?

Sumeria.
    Prince (yeah, I know).
    Standard size.

2. ansa

ansa Chieftain

You have to kill some of his crap he send your way, and after some turns he will evaluate that he is losing the war and piss off.
    If you didn't do any damage he will think the war is going well.
    And God, do I hate Teddy.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I never offer peace. I just wait for the AI to offer. I've had several 'wars' in which the enemy doesn't even show up with a single unit. Fine with me. If they do show, I'll maul their units. The end.

4. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Had this with Saladin in GotM01. He was at the other end of the continent and joined in a war against me with Peter very early. I never saw a unit and was unable to negotiate peace even after i sent some Legions by sea to pillage his 1 city "empire". Finally i understood what happened when a large carpet of Chariots arrived on my borders ... to get slaughtered by Crossbowmen and Knights (i was a bit low on the military techs as i was focusing industry :lol: ). He apparently built plenty of those to attack me but had to move them a long way south around Russia's territory. So he had a large, but totally useless army on their way to my lands causing him to refuse peace. After i killed a bunch of those, he quickly asked for peace.

Oh, BTW
    No need to apologize or feel ashamed. Everybody should play on a difficulty they enjoy and if someone insists you must play on a higher difficulty, they don't understand the purpose of a video game.
    The only prince players i have troubles with are those who complain the game is too easy but refuse to move up in difficulty because they don't want to loose :shake:

Duranium likes this.
  5. DrJones87

DrJones87 Chieftain

There was a glitch or an exploit in civ V where you could declare war on the AI and at the end of 10 turns if you had pointier sticks than they did they would sue for peace, often giving you cities and a lot of gold. Thus, you could declare war on every AI at once and after 10 turns could make peace with ones you didn't even fight yet and get a lot of gold return.

For that reason, now the AI won't negotiate peace unless they've incurred considerable losses. And, always check the deal they give you. You'll find that they try to take all of your gold frequently in the deals now.

6. se7en

se7en Chieftain

Oh man, these are the bane of the Reddit forums right now.

7. Aldor

Aldor King

In a war, I had taken a city and didn't understand why the AI wouldn't take a white peace. In that case, I actually had to use "Cede City" on his side, and then he would accept peace.

8. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Well, plans are afoot. My cities will take a break from racing to space. Build a stomping pack of military units and go beat up TR.

9. Chibisuke

Chibisuke Warlord

Don't feel bad at all playing lower difficulty. It actually allows you to enjoy all of the games features. On highest difficulty, the AI gets so many bonuses that certain things (like most of the wonders) have to be ignored since there is no way to beat the AI on them. Instead you have to focus all efforts on more narrow objectives where player tactics are superior to AI bonuses. The challenge is fun but loses some of the depth of the overall game.

10. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

They are sending units your way. It's just take too much time.
    I had a war once with Tomirys, who was at other continent, in the furthest distance possible. I offered peace. She never accepted, until his meager units come to my cities at last, and I pummeled them.
    Then she gave me peace and tons of stuffs.

11. Karoq

Karoq Chieftain

I've had Cleo DOW me on the first few turns. She never sent a single unit my way, nor did I seek her cities out. After 15 turns she is begging me for peace offering gold sums and GPT. I even talked her into giving up a religion relic. Not a bad deal for just ignoring her. Of course she continued to denounce me the rest of the game haha.

12. Jarms48

Jarms48 Prince

Every time I try and offer peace the AI tells me the deal isn't good enough. Depending on how I feel, I'll either just have a defensive war and destroy their military to force them into giving me peace, or destroy them utterly.

13. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

I am playing Philip II at Prince difficulty. I wanted a few of Frederick's cities on the other continent. After taking several of his cities, he offers peace for 1200+ (my entire treasury) gold plus 750 gpt and gives me a luxury resource and cedes three of the cities to me. I'm barely making 90 gpt, so this peace deal would immediately bankrupt me.

So, I thought taking more of his cities would cause him to make a more reasonable peace deal. I took all his cities, except a new 2 Pop city; he is just as unreasonable in offering peace deals.

Any ideas on how to get reasonable peace deals from the AI? Maybe, just let the war linger on and he will eventually be reasonable?

14. Sun Tzu Wu

Well he is now offering 18 gold + 7 gpt and ceding the first two cities I captured. I assume cede means there will be no resistance there. He still won't give me his three most cultured cities, even if I return the other four cities. I will pass on his current offer and wait to see whether he offers something closer to what I want.

15. Ottoman player

Ottoman player Chieftain

One time I had an issue with this. I stole a settler from Japan and did nothing else but attack his embarked units (island map, king difficulty, pre-fall patch). Could never get a peace deal and was getting in big trouble with war wariness.

16. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Him not ceding all cities at that point is odd. In my experience they always cede all their cities and give everything they've got (gold, resources, relics/art) when down to one city. Except I heard Gorgo never cedes. Hard to tell what's going on if Freddy refuses.

I'm not sure on the difference between having a city ceded or not. I thought it was supposed to remain in occupied status (no growth) if not ceded, but this is not the case. Cities get back to normal immediately after the peace deal, even if not ceded. The only difference I noticed was that I got some "you occupy our ally's cities" diplo hits with some other civs.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  17. Sun Tzu Wu

Thanks elitetroops. I also thought all cities not ceded in a peace deal would remain in occupied status. I also got the impression that occupied status is not just zero growth; the city would operate at lower efficiencies in all types of output. Good to know that occupied status after a peace agreement has at most diplomatic ramifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.