1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

No penalty for first turn buying?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by BlueTemplar, Jul 11, 2011.

1. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

What if it were removed? Rush-buying is not really powerful anyway, and it's annoying to remember to have to go back to the city the next turn after completion of the previous object.

2. VladDaImpaler

VladDaImpaler Chieftain

Are you talking about rushing buildings? It is very powerful, especially for expansion and city growth, for new cities I'd rush theater, granary, and some sort of food production. And having to go back to the city after completion of the building, use the que system bud... hold down SHIFT for the next item in que, ALT to continuously build units, and CONTROL to put the item in the first slot in que.

3. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

How does that help me reminding about going back to the city the next turn after I start construction to rush-build? I almost never use rush-building : it's way too expensive even after the first turn (3 times the gold AND added inflation!).

4. Stormwind

Stormwind King

You get a nice popup which asks what to build next if a city has nothing to build left, not enough ?

5. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

6. NightKev

NightKev Chieftain

Why would you have to remember to go back to the city?

7. BlueTemplar

BlueTemplar Prince

To rush-build cheaper. Anyway, I found a solution : when I want to rush-build something I indicate it by setting the city to focus on great people. Then every other turn I check if the cities with focus on great people already have minerals "under their belt".