No production for 20 turns

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by speciaal, Oct 25, 2009.

1. speciaal

speciaal Chieftain

First off.. hello hello. I just got FFH2 about a month ago, and I've been playing the hell out of it. I'm sure my fiance hates you people for it. Haha.

Anyway, I was playing as the Calabim, and I had a huge lead... almost double 2nd place's score. Suddenly, around turn 300, I saw that there was a red warning above the scoreboard that there was no research and no production for 20 turns. Is there something I did that would cause that? Or is it some kind of bug?

ANyway, its really annoying because I just declared war on one of those elf people and I need more units.

2. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

Auric Ulvins World spell. I always found it way too strong.

3. TCB

TCB Chieftain

Also if you play at slower game speeds there are more turns of stasis. I play on marathon and it is pretty much 60 turns of exploration, building worker improvements and pressing enter.

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

It can be really nice when you're just invading someone, or if your land is underimproved.

5. algonacy

algonacy Chieftain

For the first time ever I had it work out to my benefit yesterday. I had built up my attacking force and declared war on my neighbor. The next turn, statis began and my neighbor could build no defenses. It was beautiful, almost like the Illians called there wonder just for me.

6. Neomega

Neomega Deity

I love it when Auric casts stasis. I think the only bunk worldspell is the Lanun's.

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I usually use the No World Spells option.

When I don't, I find Stasis is a good time to change things; there is no downside to starting a revolution when you could not build anything even without anarchy.

The Doviello world spell is probably the worst. AIs have enough fodder as it is. The Lanun world spell is probably one of the better ones. I usually find the Kuriotate world spell the least useful, but I guess it would be good if I ever allowed cultural victory.

8. Neomega

Neomega Deity

The Lanun worldspell is just too powerful, IMHO, and it makes micromanaging a chore. It should only be one tile in from coast, and should not affect rivers or fresh water lakes. It also should not be able to kill units.

9. MagisterCultuum

I think I'm leaning towards eliminating world spells, but giving each civ a unique 4th level spell in their sphere. Many of these would be recycled world spells. Some (like that of the Khazad) would have to be from some unit other than an archmage though. I'd probably remove the world requirement, but have some other downside like killing the caster. (Would it be too much to give the Amurites a Caswallen unit that could access all 4th level spells, but has a ridiculous level requirement?)

10. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

rather ironic dont you think? haha.

11. MagisterCultuum

Yeah, that's why I said it that way.

Maybe the spell should also be made to block changing civics or religions.

12. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

Some world spells are very passive and hinder the player from acting, like the Illian, Ljosalfar, Amurite or Elohim Worldspell. Thats boring.
    The Balseraph, Grigori, Calabim, Luchuirp, Infernal, Kuriotate and Khazad Worldspells give an instant economic advantage to the caster. Good thing.
    The Hippus, Svartalfar, Sidar, Doviello, Luchuirp (again), Clan, Malakim and Bannor world spells strenghten their military. Good thing.
    The damage worldspells (Sheaim, Mercurians, Lanun) are of short use and have somehow the same effect as normal magic or siege weapons. Thats quite lame.