No Raze Patch

Brucha

King
I have been searching now for an hour to download the no-raze patch but can't seem to find it. Anyone got the link for it handy?

I don't think there is any such patch. AoI has disabled the AI from razing towns, but that is a BiQ. Check on Completed Scenarios.

I don't think there is any such patch. AoI has disabled the AI from razing towns, but that is a BiQ. Check on Completed Scenarios.

vmxa, the noRaze-patch is a wonder patch for C3C, done by skyer2. Here you can read the full story: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=194794

To get the patch to work you first need an exe, that is prepared with a no-CD-patch as it was available in a German gaming magazine with full acceptance by Firaxis. As a lot of civers don´t have that no-CD-patch to prepare their exes, there exist some prepared exes.

If handled well the noRaze-patch works 100 %. In my eyes it´s one of the best additions ever done to Civ 3 and a great improvement, especially for modern C3C scenarios. :)

To get the patch to work you first need an exe, that is prepared with a no-CD-patch as it was available in a German gaming magazine with full acceptance by Firaxis.
Ah, now I know why all of a sudden my game is running without a CD!!! And I didn't even download the no raze patch, just the city limits patch. So that's probably a feature of both .exe files. A lot of people will like that feature alone!
I have read the full thread you provided the link to, Civinator, and I found this post most helpful, as it explains more clearly what the no raze patch does:
Here's a small overview I've come up w/ from testing, I haven't seen anywhere on the thread where it says in black and white what the patch does so here goes.

The AI:
cannot autoraze
cannot raze
can raze a civ in regicide when killing the king
does not abandon but this is true without the patch

The human:
cannot autoraze
can raze
can raze a civ in regicide
can abandon
Personally, I haven't seen the AI razing much in my default games, and I think it's cool that size 1 towns with no culture get razed, so I'm alright without it, but it's good the patch exists, certainly for scenario's.

Top Bottom