No religion for me

CaelumLee

Chieftain
Hey there everyone! I just want to tell you something and ask for your opinion regarding on my situation.

I had this game as Ottoman in King difficulty, 10 player continent map and I have jungle start with lapiz lazuli as my future monopoly resource. Because of the jungle start, I tried to be greedy and for ToA, got the GoR pantheon, and followed by caravans to fully utilize my UA. I settled 3 more cities around 60ish turn and made sure to build shrine asap. Sorry that I wasn't able to screenshot my game, but the moment that I can get my pantheon, I saw that there were about 6 civs who already found a pantheon. I knew that it's going to be hard to find a religion but I still go for it.

10 turns left for me to get my GP, then Poland was the least civ to found a religion. Am I at a disadvantage if I wasn't able to find a religion of my own? How do you continue your game from that on?

First, there is a whole strategy subforum (https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/strategy-section.537/) you can look at.
Second, the immadiate question is "Can you capture an holy city?". Capturing an holy city allow you to "steal" the religion.
Lastly, no religion isn't a dead game. Having a religion is a great plus, but you can win without. The only thing you don't want is having a mix of multiple religions in you kingdom, becaus it causes religious division.

Note: Capturing an holy city also make you lose all your faith in current version. Changing this rule is currently discussed.

Like Moi said, capture a holy city, preferably one that's either Enhanced/Reformed that actually as beliefs you want, or an unenhanced one you can actually work with that isn't completely unoptimized.

Thank you for your response! Will try to capture one of neighbour's holy city!

Top Bottom