No rubber: bug or feature?

Mordachai

Warlord
Rubber has been revealed, and I can build plantations on them. I have - 2 of them. And they have roads. But if I mouse over them, I see: Rubber (Mordachai has 0). It has been several turns (sometimes it's not available on the first turn, but that's not the case here).

...?

Meaning one tech revels the resource, another tech enables its use.

Historically (Hysterically) we had Rubber the resource long before we had Vulcanized rubber available, and that was only by accident, as it was spilt upon a hot plate/stove.

So to Circumvent your query, its accurate and that's the way it is.

Its the same as seeing Pastures, but you don't have Animal husbandry as yet.

Yes, I have chemistry (able to build chem labs).

And normally - if one tech reveals, but another makes it useful (like Oil), then you can't build the improvement until you get the 2nd (usability) tech (same for pastures - you can't build the pasture until you're able to take advantage of the cow/pig/etc).

So - if this is intentional- then I'd suggest as an improvement that rubber plantations cannot be built until you get whatever that 2nd tech is (it wouldn't be chemistry, unless it is totally bugged, as I have that already)

Post a save, or just look in your cities, do you have Rubber available, if not Cntl-Shift-T to recalculate.

In my current game, I don't have Chemistry, but I can build plantations on the rubber resource for additional commerce.

I don't have Rubber available in the cities.

1st - Yes, its an error not showing the 'Rubber' resource in you cities.
2nd - You need refining to build a rubber factory, or Plastics to build a rubber plant, both produce vulcanized rubber, with refining giving -1:yuck: from rubber.
3rd - Rubber isn't usable until you gain Plastics and/or refining anyway, but we like to see our resources, yes!!!

Mmm... I've also had some troubles recenly with resources. Somehow I have more resources in my cities (and resources that I can trade) that those I really have connected to my cities. I'm not sure what's causing this but as a guess, I think it might depend on building a new route over the same (already connected) resource, or on reconnecting a resource which was disconnected from your routes for some reason. I need to investigate. Anyway recalculating solves the problem.

Just to get back to my OP - I was mistaken - I had alchemy, not chemistry. Sorry for the red herring.

Top Bottom